ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Visa queries

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jon.Pasha
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Visa queries

Post by Jon.Pasha » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:00 pm

Dear friends,

I am hoping that some of you may be able to help me as I have a few queries.

I am already on Tier 2 Visa which is expiring in July 2016. When I was given this visa, my marital status was single. Now I am married and another company is willing to sponsor me.

Q1. How does the new company apply for my visa i.e. only for me or does it include my wife as a dependant on the application form?

Q2. What will be the total cost of applying the visa? Will it include any costs for the dependant as well?

Q3. My passport is due to expire in August 2016. How does this effect my visa application if it is not renewed until August 2016 (considering the application for the ICT visa is made in June 2016)?

Please advise.

kind regards.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 Visa queries

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:10 pm

Are you on Tier 2 General or Tier 2 ICT??

Who is paying your visa application fee? There is a fee for each applicant.

You have to apply for the visa once CoS is issued.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jon.Pasha
Newly Registered

Post by Jon.Pasha » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:59 am

i think its tier 2 ... I am employed by company A at the moment on tier 2 general and then there is a company B who is willing to apply visa for me ...

The company will be paying the visa application fee but i am not sure whether they would be willing for the dependant as well?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:59 am

(considering the application for the ICT visa is made in June 2016)?
You cannot apply for ICT. It is Tier 2 General then that you need to apply for.

2. Current fees are listed here (click) and fees go up in April, see New Indicative Fees from April 2016 (click)

3. No issue with your passport. It needs to be valid at the time of application. There is no requirement that it must be valid for X amount of months.
The company will be paying the visa application fee but i am not sure whether they would be willing for the dependant as well?
You would need to find out from your new sponsor. Most sponsors do not pay for dependents and this will likely be your own cost.

All of you will have to pay the immigration health surcharge of £200 per year, so if a 3 year CoS and visa, it is £600 per applicant and it must be paid before you submit the applications.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jon.Pasha
Newly Registered

Post by Jon.Pasha » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:14 pm

Thank you very much for your response ...