ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Baby Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pja
Newly Registered

Baby Citizenship

Post by pja » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:21 pm

Hello

My current status is ILR and i have applied for the naturalisation and completed the Biometric. My wife is on a TIer 1 visa and will be applying for the ILR in Mar 2016.

We are having a baby and the due date is in August. Hoping that my Citizenship process completes by then, would my baby be a British Citizen by birth or would i have to apply for the british citizenship for the baby.

If i need to apply what is the process and how would i best do it as in August my wife, is still on ILR.

I have used immigration boards for advise and thanking all the members for the support.

Regards
PJA

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Re: Baby Citizenship

Post by zahmed05 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:28 pm

As you hold ILR at this stage, the baby born in UK will automatically be British and eligible for passport.

pja
Newly Registered

Post by pja » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:57 am

Thank you for the straight reply.

Regards
PJA

Richard W
- thin ice -
England

Post by Richard W » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:27 pm

zahmed05 wrote:As you hold ILR at this stage, the baby born in UK will automatically be British and eligible for passport.
If the baby is born before you become a British citizen, you may need to get it a British passport before you lose the BRPs held at that time. Otherwise, you may have problems proving that it was born while one of you held ILR!