ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa - Currently Tier 1 G dep

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

imikhan
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa - Currently Tier 1 G dep

Post by imikhan » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:16 pm

Hi every1,

I would appreciate your help on below

I have got ILR in AUG 2015 on the basis of long residency(10years) but my last grant was Tier1 General and my wife have also had Tier1 General dependent visa which is due to expire 1st week of April 2016. Now i need to switch my wife's Tier 1 G dependent visa to spouse visa
My question is which form do i need to fill in FLR(m) or any other form. since it says on FLR(M) exceptions section that you cannot apply using FLR(M) form if you partner had work visa before his ILR. yes that's true but i didn't get my ILR through Tier1 G route. i got it through long residency route.
Do i still use FLR(m) form 5year route or Tier1 G partner form 10year route.

I would really appreciate your assistance on this particular issue.

thanks

Imran

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Visa - Currently Tier 1 G dep

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:02 pm

use FLR(m) form 5year route
This one.

She has no other option but to apply on FLR(M) because you got your ILR based on long residence. She will need 5 years on FLR(M) - 2 X 2.5 year visas - before she qualifies for ILR.

She also has to pay the £500 health surcharge.

Note that the spouse visa fees go up by 25% on 6th April so suggest she applies before then.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

imikhan
Newly Registered

Post by imikhan » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:36 pm

Thanks very much for your reply. I thought the same

Another quick 1. If i had got my ilr through tier1 g route. Would it be 10year route for my wife then?

And also i wanted to ask 1 more qs. she had only spent 2 months in uk aug & sept 2014 in uk after she got entry clearance as tier1 g dependent. and went back to Pakistan to complete her studies which she finished in aug2015 and came back to uk dec2015. Effectively she has been outside uk from September 2014 to dec2015 which is well more than a year. Would it be a straight forward case as she has got a letter from uni and academic transcript to justify. Would you recommend me to take premium service and present the case same day or shall we better post it. We will manage the x6 proof of address easily to show as we are living together. Please let me have your opinion on this. Thanks again

Imran

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:50 pm

imikhan wrote:Thanks very much for your reply. I thought the same

Another quick 1. If i had got my ilr through tier1 g route. Would it be 10year route for my wife then? No, it would have been 5 years on Tier 1 G dependent for her to qualify for ILR.

And also i wanted to ask 1 more qs. she had only spent 2 months in uk aug & sept 2014 in uk after she got entry clearance as tier1 g dependent. and went back to Pakistan to complete her studies which she finished in aug2015 and came back to uk dec2015. Effectively she has been outside uk from September 2014 to dec2015 which is well more than a year. Would it be a straight forward case as she has got a letter from uni and academic transcript to justify. Would you recommend me to take premium service and present the case same day or shall we better post it. We will manage the x6 proof of address easily to show as we are living together. Please let me have your opinion on this. Thanks again It makes no difference, she is switching into another category of visa. All you need to provide is evidence of subsisting marriage (call logs, emails, skype chats, visits etc) for while she was away. She can apply in person.

Imran
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

imikhan
Newly Registered

Post by imikhan » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:00 pm

Thanks a lot for your help and suggestions.