ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NCS - questions, Kindly asnwer if you can

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

london2016
BANNED

NCS - questions, Kindly asnwer if you can

Post by london2016 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:52 pm

Dear Everyone,

Re: Naturalisation Questions

History:
Arrived in the Uk 2004. Switch to student in 2006. From 2006 to 2011- I studied.2011 I did a civil partnership. Got my resident permit in the UK in 2012. Civil partnership broke down in 2013. Civil partnership dissaolved in december 2013. Applied for ILR in November 2014. ILR approved in february 2015.
I obtained my ILR last year in February 2015. The application overall just took 3 months. I had no issues with my application. Based on my immgration history I qualified based on the 10 year period being legally in the UK. I have not been out of the country more than 90 days the last 12 months.

I would like to apply for my citizenship now in February 2016 but I would like to ask a few questions if I may. There might be a few people on here that got answers for me.

I did my ILR application last year and the solictor ate all my savings up until the last penny. And, Im having sleepless nights at the moment, cant make a decision, if I should use my last little pennies in using a solictor again just to look the application form for me, or should I just do it on my own via the National Checking service.

Questions:
1. I got two references; One Staff Nurse which I knew for 4 1/2 years. And another friend which I knew for 8 years which is a Manager for London Transport. Both has completed the refree form section. And both occupations : General Manager and Staff Nurse is on the list of the referee of the Home Office. My question is; Does both need to write additional reference letters for me?

2. Has anyone on here, did their applications via the Hammersmith and Fulham council checking service? Is it better to do it via the NCS ?

3. Do I make the copies of all my documents when attending an appointment at the NCS? Or do I only take my original documents.

4. My civil partnership was dissolved. Do I need to send off my divorce document too with this application ?

5. I ave completed the 2016 version of the Application form. This is a list of all my documents I have. Are they sufficient?
- Completed application form
- two Passport pics
- Resident permit card
- Original passport
- Private medical Bupa Insurance Certificate
- European Health Insurance
- Tax Statement for the last 8 years.
- P60's for the 7 years
- Wage slips from 2012 to date.
- Letters from my employer- Re pay increase
- ife in Uk Test notification
- English certificate - Trinity College B6 - Plus a IELTS certificate of 2011
- Educational certificates
- Character certificates and letters. I do alot of volunteer charity runs and walks and volunteering at local food banks in my spare time.
- Banks Statement - For the last three years.
- Savings Account statement
- Letter when I recieved when my application was successful.

6. Do I need to re-send my ex- partner paper work with this application?

7. Eglish requirement: They ask on the application form for Trinity College SELT unique electronic reference number. Is it the number at the bottom of the Certificate?

8. Employment history in UK during past 10 years, I work at a fertility clinic from 2004 to 2011 full time and switch to part time 20 hours when I was a student. During my college holidays when we were allowed to work full time, I work part time shifts at the hospital where I work at the moment. When I got my stay to work in 2012, I got a full time job at the same hospital that I used to do occasional shifts during my college holidays. On the form, I need to put my work history. Do I put as this :
Employer 1 - 2004 to 2011 - Full time = WE Fertility clinic
Employer 2 - 2008 - 2011- Part time, 2012 - to date as Full time = C HOSPITAL

or do I only put is as:
Employer 1 - 2004 to 2011 = WE Fertility clinic
Employer 2 - 2012 - to date as Full time = C HSPITAL

9. Someone told me that the referees need to sign the back of your passport picture. Is that correct? Or is it wrong information given.

Im sorry for such a long post.

I pray that my application will goes well.But I also pray for any other that is applying.

And if there is anyone in London that would like to assist me I would be greatful.

God bless.

Applicant

8. If my parent is deceased, do I still put they date of births on the form?

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: NCS - questions, Kindly asnwer if you can

Post by ohara » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:05 pm

1. They don't need to write references, just sign the form confirming the photograph is a true likeness. The Home Office might not even contact them.

2. Most applications by people on this forum are done through NCS, it's worth it simply for the fact that you get to keep your documents (otherwise Home Office could have them for 6 months or more).

3. Take the original documents, NCS will copy them to send with the application and give you the originals back immediately.

4. If you're not applying on the basis of marriage to a British citizen, then no.

5. Most of the documents you list here are NOT necessary. You need to send your ID document (passport), passport photos, PR/ILR proof, Life in UK test certificate, language proof certificate, and the payment slip. Tax statements are only necessary for self-employed people. No need for anything else.

6. What "ex-partner paperwork" ?

7. I expect there will only be one reference number, I haven't seen a Trinity certificate yet.

8. As it's the same employer, HO can make checks to see exactly what hours you worked.

9. I believe they do (or at least time I checked the guidance they do).

List parents details regardless of whether they are alive or not.

You don't need to use a solicitor, the form is very straight forward and unless you have an exceptionally complex case (you don't), it will be a monumental waste of money.
Last edited by ohara on Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:10 pm

1. No, you don't need reference letters. They must only complete the section on referees of the form and sign it in the

2. It is better to use NCS as you get to keep all your original documents, including Passport and BRP and they also check your form.

3. No, only take originals. NCS will make the copies for you.

4. No

5. You don't need
5. You don't need most of them
- Completed application form Yes
- two Passport pics Yes
- Resident permit card Yes (assuming you mean BRP card with ILR)
- Original passport Yes
- Private medical Bupa Insurance Certificate Not needed
- European Health Insurance Not needed
- Tax Statement for the last 8 years. Not needed
- P60's for the 7 years (Not needed
- Wage slips from 2012 to date. Not needed
- Letters from my employer- Re pay increase Not needed
- ife in Uk Test notification Yes
- English certificate - Trinity College B6 - Plus a IELTS certificate of 2011 Only the most recent English test not the 2011 one.
- Educational certificates If you have a UK degree, you don't need the English Test certificate. You also don't need all your educational certiicates.
- Character certificates and letters. I do alot of volunteer charity runs and walks and volunteering at local food banks in my spare time. Not needed
- Banks Statement - For the last three years. Not needed
- Savings Account statement Not needed
- Letter when I recieved when my application was successful. Not needed

6. Do I need to re-send my ex- partner paper work with this application? No

7. Eglish requirement: They ask on the application form for Trinity College SELT unique electronic reference number. Is it the number at the bottom of the Certificate? Don't know. see my comment above about a UK Degree.

8. Employment history in UK during past 10 years, I work at a fertility clinic from 2004 to 2011 full time and switch to part time 20 hours when I was a student. During my college holidays when we were allowed to work full time, I work part time shifts at the hospital where I work at the moment. When I got my stay to work in 2012, I got a full time job at the same hospital that I used to do occasional shifts during my college holidays. On the form, I need to put my work history. Do I put as this :
Employer 1 - 2004 to 2011 - Full time = WE Fertility clinic
Employer 2 - 2008 - 2011- Part time, 2012 - to date as Full time = C HOSPITAL
Should be fine but split the Employer 2 onto two lines to show Part time and full time employment and dates separately.

or do I only put is as:
Employer 1 - 2004 to 2011 = WE Fertility clinic
Employer 2 - 2012 - to date as Full time = C HSPITAL

9. Someone told me that the referees need to sign the back of your passport picture. Is that correct? Or is it wrong information given. Yes, they do. Read the AN guidance notes and AN Booklet, it is clearly stated what is required to be written.

8. If my parent is deceased, do I still put they date of births on the form? Yes
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:22 pm

london2016 wrote:Dear Everyone,

Re: Naturalisation Questions

I would like to apply for my citizenship now in February 2016 but I would like to ask a few questions if I may. There might be a few people on here that got answers for me.

I did my ILR application last year and the solictor ate all my savings up until the last penny. And, Im having sleepless nights at the moment, cant make a decision, if I should use my last little pennies in using a solictor again just to look the application form for me, or should I just do it on my own via the National Checking service.

Questions:
1. I got two references; One Staff Nurse which I knew for 4 1/2 years. And another friend which I knew for 8 years which is a Manager for London Transport. Both has completed the refree form section. And both occupations : General Manager and Staff Nurse is on the list of the referee of the Home Office. My question is; Does both need to write additional reference letters for me?

2. Has anyone on here, did their applications via the Hammersmith and Fulham council checking service? Is it better to do it via the NCS ?

3. Do I make the copies of all my documents when attending an appointment at the NCS? Or do I only take my original documents.

4. My civil partnership was dissolved. Do I need to send off my divorce document too with this application ?

5. I ave completed the 2016 version of the Application form. This is a list of all my documents I have. Are they sufficient?
- Completed application form
- two Passport pics
- Resident permit card

6. Do I need to re-send my ex- partner paper work with this application?

7. Eglish requirement: They ask on the application form for Trinity College SELT unique electronic reference number. Is it the number at the bottom of the Certificate?

8. Employment history in UK during past 10 years,

9. Someone told me that the referees need to sign the back of your passport picture. Is that correct? Or is it wrong information given.

Im sorry for such a long post.
I pray that my application will goes well.But I also pray for any other that is applying.

And if there is anyone in London that would like to assist me I would be greatful.

God bless.

Applicant

8. If my parent is deceased, do I still put they date of births on the form?
If you are organised & methodical & have a few spare hours to focus on the application then no need for solicitor.

Suggest apply via NCS for a layer of sanity-checking & so as to hold onto original documents.

1) No letters required. HO will contact directly if they wish to do so.

3) NCS copy everything (except the form).

Make & keep your own copy of form & payment fee form.

4) Can't remember. Check guidance.

5) Probably too much there.
Just follow the AN guidance booklet.

Best bet is take it to NCS anyway.
They will sort it out.

:!: Be sure you have the correct proof of English - as per November 2015 changes.
In general no ESOL (unless, possibly, as used for ILR).

:arrow: By "Residence Card" do you mean a 'confirmation of PR' card (aka EEA4)?
or do you mean a RC (aka EEA2)?

Note PR card is now mandatory

6) No. They are nothing to do with you anymore.

7) Be careful - do you have a SELT :?:

Be sure you have the correct proof of English - as per November 2015 changes.
In general no ESOL (unless, possibly, as used for ILR).

8) Employment: just make it clear & simple, don't jumble it up.

9) Check the guidance.
Make sure referee/s follow/s it exactly.

8) Parents DoB: Yes include it.

Regarding absences:
Can you prove you were physically present in UK 5 years to the day your application will be submitted?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:39 pm

london2016 wrote:9. Someone told me that the referees need to sign the back of your passport picture. Is that correct? Or is it wrong information given.
In addition to the feedback already given this is just a note to make sure you don't confuse the photo requirements of the AN form, with those of the passport application - which comes later after you become a British citizen. For the AN form, your referees are not required to sign the back of the photo you affix to the referee page. Please read the latest AN form, Guide and Booklet carefully to ensure you understand all the requirements.

faize4us
Newly Registered

Kindly help.

Post by faize4us » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:35 pm

Hello ,

if anyone was working more then 20h during their student visa then will it affect their AN application? Is HO looking into working hours ?
Please share your knowledge.
Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Kindly help.

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:39 pm

faize4us wrote:Hello ,

if anyone was working more then 20h during their student visa then will it affect their AN application? Is HO looking into working hours ?
Please share your knowledge.
Thank you
Yes and yes.

Please don't hijack other users topics, it is unfair to them and rude, especially if your query has nothing to do with the original posters question. Better to start your own topic or post in the General Discussion topic towards the top of the page.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jerry111
Newly Registered

Post by Jerry111 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:26 am

Hi i need some info i am Applying for naturalisation can i get it signed for refree from my frind who is british passport holder and bus driver in london living on same address as mine. Please reply. Thanks