ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply for Naturalization 3 months earlier?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kaba

Apply for Naturalization 3 months earlier?

Post by Kaba » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:11 am

Hi there,

1 year after somebody gets the PR(EEA) document, somebody can apply for naturalization if he meets all the other requirements like good character, not being outside the UK for more than 90 days etc etc.

I was just wondering...Could somebody apply for naturalization 3 months earlier if he doesn't leave the UK at all in these 12 months? i.e. Assuming that somebody got the PR(EEA) issued in Januray 2015, he could apply for British Naturalization in January 2016. If he doesn't leave the UK at all in 2015, could he apply for British Naturalization in October 2015?

Thanks

noajthan

Re: Apply for Naturalization 3 months earlier?

Post by noajthan » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:13 am

Kaba wrote:Hi there,

1 year after somebody gets the PR(EEA) document, somebody can apply for naturalization if he meets all the other requirements like good character, not being outside the UK for more than 90 days etc etc.

I was just wondering...Could somebody apply for naturalization 3 months earlier if he doesn't leave the UK at all in these 12 months? i.e. Assuming that somebody got the PR(EEA) issued in Januray 2015, he could apply for British Naturalization in January 2016. If he doesn't leave the UK at all in 2015, could he apply for British Naturalization in October 2015?

Thanks
No :!:

#fail
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Kaba

Post by Kaba » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:22 am

I was just wondering :) But thanks for clarifying that...

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:24 am

Kaba wrote:I was just wondering :) But thanks for clarifying that...
No problem.

Trying that approach would result in instant refusal (no appeal).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Kaba

Post by Kaba » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:00 am

The only reason I did ask this question is because from mouth to mouth some people I know said that it could be possible. When reading the guidance books for naturalization it says that the applications should be made 12 months after acquiring the PR. But saying that if you don't leave for 90 days the UK you can apply 90 days earlier, sounds unreasonable but I would give it 1% chance :)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:07 am

Make that zero chance. It appears that you have misunderstood the guidance. :| The only concession to the 12 month qualifying period is if the applicant is married to a British citizen.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Kaba

Post by Kaba » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:21 am

Thanks guys :)