ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FM 5 year route both applicant n sponsor outside uk

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ash210

FM 5 year route both applicant n sponsor outside uk

Post by ash210 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:52 am

Hi Everyone,
As always this is the first place i seek help and i had never been disappointed, so please need the expert advice of anyone who can help
I am planning to apply for my spouse's visa, i am a British citizen and my kids too are, she was on ILR but we have been away for 3 years so her Returning resident visa was rejected last week, refusal reason not maintaining ties with UK, yes we did not visit or had any ties as we went to India on every annual vacation, now the only option left for me is i guess to apply for dependent of a british citizen.
I have been reading guidance and its kinda confusing when i read FM Section 1.7 financial requirement
1)my query is do i need a job offer? is this mandatory or can i show enough cash savings from last 6 months and don't need to have a offer letter?
2) for meeting language requirement through UK NARIC language assessment, do i have to submit college/uinversity letter stating that course was taught in english, is Degree and transcripts not enough?
3) what is the waiting time in the middle east, if anyone has any idea

thanks everyone and hope to get some good information at the earliest
god bless you all

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: FM 5 year route both applicant n sponsor outside uk

Post by Wanderer » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:01 am

You can show savings of £62,500 in lieu of income. These savings must be liquid and have been held at that level or more for the last six months.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

ash210

Post by ash210 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:11 am

Thanks for your reply Wanderer
are you sure i can only show savings and not the offer letter? i can show 62,500 easily in my NRO held for more than 6 months, i don't have a offer letter thats what i am worried about
Regards

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:19 am

ash210 wrote:Thanks for your reply Wanderer
are you sure i can only show savings and not the offer letter? i can show 62,500 easily in my NRO held for more than 6 months, i don't have a offer letter thats what i am worried about
Regards
If you are able to show the £62,500 savings have been held in an accessible account for 6 months, job offer isn't required. NARIC assessment is mandatory unless your wife's degree was awarded in the UK. You will need proof of adequate accommodation for your family available on your arrival.
Your wife will have to pay the NHS surcharge of £500 online before submitting her visa application. The visa will be issued for an initial 30 days, during which time she must enter the UK and collect her 2.5 year BRP from a designated Post Office within 10 days of arrival.
Be aware that visa fees are increasing on the 6th April.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ash210

Post by ash210 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:27 am

Thanks Casa, you are very kind
Yes i am aware that the fee is increasing but i am not too bothered about that as my job is still continuing so thats the least of my worries
Now to get the UK NARIC done as a first step, other requirements i think i am ok as my family has been with me all the time, stayed as my dependents here and been married for 11 years and also she got 4 different visas from HO already as my spouse.
Regards

ash210

Post by ash210 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:40 pm

Hi Casa,
Sorry one more thing, the required funds are in my account and my wife is not a joint account holder, is that ok?
Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:29 pm

ash210 wrote:Hi Casa,
Sorry one more thing, the required funds are in my account and my wife is not a joint account holder, is that ok?
Regards
Yes, it is fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ash210

Post by ash210 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Many thanks CR001

ash210

Post by ash210 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:43 am

Hi Casa, CR001 and Wanderer,
If i show the cash savings for the first time, do i have to fulfil the same financial requirement at the time of extension or i can opt for any of the available choices to meet the requirement?
Regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:58 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ash210

Post by ash210 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:11 am

Thanks Vinny for your quick response.

ash210

Post by ash210 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:19 am

Hi Vinny, Casa, CR001 or anyone who can reply,

Say if I submit my wife’s application in UAE and I am planning to do that whenever I get the redundancy notice, which means I will have to leave UAE within 30 days, so if I send my wife’s passport along with her application she won’t be able to travel, and looks like it’s a 3 months average processing time so we will be stuck here.
1)Do we have to send her passport for processing?
2)If not, and if it’s like an approval letter, can we collect that in India and not in UAE where we applied?

Kind Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:20 am

1. You have to submit the passport.

2. Visa is issued and collected in the country of application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ash210

Post by ash210 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:28 am

ic, thanks for your reply
so I wont a choice but to go to India and apply
Regards