ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Tier 2 ICT - Cooling Off Period

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hk2014
Newly Registered

UK Tier 2 ICT - Cooling Off Period

Post by hk2014 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:14 pm

Hi,

I know that there has been recent changes to the cooling off period but that only helps the people who are on ICT Short Term Visa. I am on Long Term Visa and in order to switch my visa to T2 General, I still need to serve the cooling off period of 12 months. My question is - Can I serve the cooling off period in Republic of Ireland? I am getting few offers from there so wanted to check if this is an ideal option rather than going back to my Home country. Please suggest.

Regards
HK

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK Tier 2 ICT - Cooling Off Period

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:59 pm

Yes, probably possible, served anywhere that is NOT the UK. Republic of Ireland is not part of the UK.

In order to apply for a Tier 2 General from Ireland though, you have to have the right to reside there (not a visitor).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hk2014
Newly Registered

Post by hk2014 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:09 pm

Thanks CR001,

That's helpful. What do you mean by right to reside? If I stay in Ireland on work permit for 1 year, will I be treated as visitor and will I not have the right to reside? Please clarify.

Regards
HK

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:15 pm

Recently someone tried to apply for a Tier 2 G from the USA where they were working temporarily, their Tier 2 was refused. Will have to dig up the thread to read through the detail.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.