ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for EEA Family Permit abroad while awaiting EEA RC

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kamoe
European Union

Applying for EEA Family Permit abroad while awaiting EEA RC

Post by kamoe » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:21 pm

Hi guys

Seems I created a crack and I might be falling through it. Long story short, I am traveling abroad on the fifth month of waiting for my RC, and my previous BRP will (likely) be expired when I come back to the UK.

I have identified that a possible course of action is to apply for a Family Permit while abroad (home country), which should be processed relatively fast (10 days).

Question is: Would applying for a Family Permit abroad cancel my pending application for RC? Has anyone done this? What has been your experience? All input welcome.

See my detailed circumstances in a previous post: http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 00502.html

Thanks,
Kamoe
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

dantam
Newly Registered

Re: Applying for EEA Family Permit abroad while awaiting EEA

Post by dantam » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:53 pm

Hi Kamoe,

Someone suggested me to do that.

What happened with you, did you cancel your RC?

Cheers,
Dan

kamoe
European Union

Re: Applying for EEA Family Permit abroad while awaiting EEA

Post by kamoe » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:14 am

Hi Dantam

See my update in this other thread, which has more background: http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... l#p1303118

But short answer is: it all went well. I got my FP in January and, yesterday I missed a DX delivery, which I think contains my RC. So seems like the application for FP did not interfere with the application for RC. I will post on Tuesday to confirm that it is indeed my RC.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.