ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Companies which dont give payslips

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

apply4hsmp

Companies which dont give payslips

Post by apply4hsmp » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:09 am

I thought its a good idea to start a thread with (Indian) companies which dont give payslips while in UK. They do body shopping and try to keep employees through various means like giving half salary in india, not giving salary slips etc. etc.

Can some members with these companies highlight which companies are those so that while getting HSMP people are aware of that they are falling in a trap ? and should not work for such employers.

I am from India and this definitely affects me.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:54 am

I dont think people should start a list of companies not providing payslips. I think it is incumbent on the individual to get their own payslips and not to blacklist companies how don't do it.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: Companies which dont give payslips

Post by pantaiema » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:48 pm

Some companies are doing this in the effort of avoiding tax (Tax Evasion).

I do not really know whether it is legal or not. But I have not read anywhere the documents which mention that the Indian companies are exempted from the tax when come to HSMP earning.

In this case you definitely have the problem if U r about to extent your FLR.

apply4hsmp wrote:I thought its a good idea to start a thread with (Indian) companies which dont give payslips while in UK. They do body shopping and try to keep employees through various means like giving half salary in india, not giving salary slips etc. etc.

Can some members with these companies highlight which companies are those so that while getting HSMP people are aware of that they are falling in a trap ? and should not work for such employers.

I am from India and this definitely affects me.
Pantaiema

apply4hsmp

Post by apply4hsmp » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:59 pm

SYH wrote:I dont think people should start a list of companies not providing payslips.
Why ? What is the harm ?
SYH wrote:I think it is incumbent on the individual to get their own payslips and not to blacklist companies how don't do it.
I agree partially. If your employer says they will not provide salary slips what will you do SYH even though you are eligible ?

Can you black list companies if u list them here ?

And if companies dont follow good practises and use means to keep employess like that whats the harm in naming them publicly ?

I firmly believe it should be an even playing field which is not the case.

apply4hsmp

Re: Companies which dont give payslips

Post by apply4hsmp » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:04 pm

pantaiema wrote:Some companies are doing this in the effort of avoiding tax (Tax Evasion).

I do not really know whether it is legal or not. But I have not read anywhere the documents which mention that the Indian companies are exempted from the tax when come to HSMP earning.

In this case you definitely have the problem if U r about to extent your FLR.
No worries pataemia, I escaped through the hands of an employer narrowly, i work for a UK employer now who gives me proper sal slips but it was a very bad experience.

Just dont want others to be in same soup as I was so that is why I want everybody to share their experiences and name employers anonmously who follow bad parctises.

This will help prospective employees for these employers.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:10 pm

apply4hsmp wrote:
SYH wrote:I dont think people should start a list of companies not providing payslips.
Why ? What is the harm ?
The harm is that it doesn't focus on the real issue.
Why are they not issuing them. Sometimes it is about saving the environment, you need to ask them to do it. I had one employer say, you dont need a p60 but here it is anyway. They could be just not thinking of it from your point of view as most nationals don't care about payslips as long as they get paid and the tax is paid properly.
SYH wrote:I think it is incumbent on the individual to get their own payslips and not to blacklist companies how don't do it.
I agree partially. If your employer says they will not provide salary slips what will you do SYH even though you are eligible ?
I woudn't work for them. In fact, I have one employer now who I am getting fed up with the way they are paying me. When it comes time to renew my contract. I am not going to renew and they will listen to everything I want because they need me.

Can you black list companies if u list them here ? Are you trying to be funny? It is a phrase not absolute. What is your point of listing them if you are not trying to blacklist them? Are you trying to shame them?? Not very effective.
And if companies dont follow good practises and use means to keep employess like that whats the harm in naming them publicly ? I already answered it, you are naming companies for something they may not know better.
I firmly believe it should be an even playing field which is not the case.
You are spouting rheteric by saying evening the playing field. What was so uneven?[/quote]

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:56 pm

A lot of firms do this because they are avoiding tax. A lot do it because they are paying less than they are supposed to according to the Work Permit. Many employees get screwed, but don't realise it until they come to switch jobs, apply for ILR or try to get the HSMP, by which time it is too late.

However, there is something called defamation, and I would say it is a bad idea to name an shame unless you have evidence of law breaking.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:17 pm

VictoriaS wrote:A lot of firms do this because they are avoiding tax. A lot do it because they are paying less than they are supposed to according to the Work Permit. Many employees get screwed, but don't realise it until they come to switch jobs, apply for ILR or try to get the HSMP, by which time it is too late.

However, there is something called defamation, and I would say it is a bad idea to name an shame unless you have evidence of law breaking.

Victoria
I do not disagree. Just that it may not be the only reason.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:19 pm

If they are in the UK, it is either as I have said or because they are lazy, as it is a legal obligation.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:22 pm

VictoriaS wrote:If they are in the UK, it is either as I have said or because they are lazy, as it is a legal obligation.

Victoria
absolutley correct
Fraud
or lazy
but required.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:23 pm

Well done apply4hsmp

I think this is something to do with business ethics (and probably legal matter as well). Some companies have no ethics in doing business. People on HSMP should do their bit not to support the dodgy companies doing bad practice if they could.

I have been reading this forum for a few years now and I have seen that there are quite reasonable people have been working in the UK for over 1 year in work permit but they still get allowance rather than salary.

What is quite abnormal is that these employees still feel/believe as if they were working in their home countries rather than in the UK. They expect that they will be included in category D countries when come to earning. Although they are on WP fro over 1 year, they are still thinking that they are seconded. This is certainly not entirely the employees fault.

People who are working in the UK know that Pay slip is a very reliable evidence when come to earning evidence. (I am not talking other countries).
No worries pataemia, I escaped through the hands of an employer narrowly, i work for a UK employer now who gives me proper sal slips but it was a very bad experience.

Just dont want others to be in same soup as I was so that is why I want everybody to share their experiences and name employers anonmously who follow bad parctises.

This will help prospective employees for these employers.
Pantaiema