ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Filling FLR(M) form - your advise needed as stuck in parts?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cyborg001

Filling FLR(M) form - your advise needed as stuck in parts?

Post by cyborg001 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:41 pm

Dear moderators, I have been reading this amazing forum with a lot of interest over the past month to gain knowledge and also been helping out others where I could. The time has now come for me to fill in my own FLR(M) form for my PSC application mid Feb and so I have some burning questions to ask where I'm unsure of my answers and will GREATLY APPRECIATE YOUR GUIDANCE. Thought I'll structure them all in one place for ease.

Background: I will be switching from my Tier 2 (Gen) (left my job at the end of December but have not received a curtailment letter yet) visa to spouse and my sponsor "to-be" wife is a British citizen by birth who meets the 6 month salaried financial requirement. I will use my flat (I own it) as housing and have UK taught university degrees for English so documents should be OK.

Questions:
A) Payment details page - do I leave the whole thing blank as pre-paid full premium appointment fee?

B) 2.2 Is this the first time you have applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above categories (including previous leave granted as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner) with your current sponsor?
I say Yes?

C) 2.3 Please indicate what stage of extension of leave you are applying for or why you are choosing to extend your current leave in one of the above categories.
I choose "You are making a first application from within the UK but have not previously had leave to enter/remain as a partner."?

D) 3.9 How long has your sponsor lived in the UK?
Can I write "Since birth"? Do I need to provide her parents' passport copies as note 10 on page 62 says so?

E) 3.10 Your sponsor’s UK address
My wife would have "officially" only moved into my flat the day after our wedding for cultural reasons, and we would apply just 10 days after the wedding so do I put my address here?

F) 3.11 How long has your sponsor lived at this address?
Can I just say 10 days? Is that an issue and does she need proof?

G) 5.5 Have you ever been refused a visa for any country, including the UK?
In 2005 (i.e. before I first entered UK in 2006) my father mistakenly included me as his dependent along with my mother as part of HIS UK work visa application. This was purely due to misinformation (i.e. 18 year age limit on dependent children) and no deception was intended.
So do I declare this and say yes or is it irrelevant now since so many visas granted since then?

H) 6.4 When did your relationship begin?
Is this a formal relationship such as spouse or when we officially started dating post first meeting?

I) 6.7 When did you start living together in a relationship?
This clashes with 3.11 and 6.4 above. In my case do I only put in that same date and also say "officially" on that date but we lived just 20 mins apart so spent 3-4 days per week together anyway?

J) 6.8 Add all addresses you and your sponsor have lived at in the 2 years preceding this application if you have lived at your current address with your sponsor for less than 2 years.
This is very confusing and related to 3.11 and 6.7. Do we put all our individual addresses here (i.e. my/our current one and her 2 previous ones) or only my/our current one as we never lived together before marriage?

K) 6.9 If relevant, have you lived together permanently in the UK with your sponsor since your last grant of limited leave to remain as a partner?
Can I just leave this blank as N/A?

L) 6.21 Have you lived with your sponsor since your marriage or civil partnership?
Again, yes as we will be for the 10 days after the wedding?

M) 6.33 Do you and your sponsor have any shared financial responsibilities?
We have a joint bank account and I have added her name to the council tax bill (not sure when updated one will arrive in post). She is also named on my car insurance policy. Do I say yes and just state these three? Do I need to provide proofs e.g. bank statements? Are these sufficient in our case or not needed at all?

N) 7.3A Income from salaried employment
Having quit my job in Dec but still on Tier 2, can I leave the "You" bits blank or need to say I'm not currently employed? Is this a catch or issue for me and explanation needed?

O) Do I need to check the the boxes on page 62? We don't have 6 items of correspondence from when we started living together!

P) Which declaration do we sign? Pages 64, 65, 66 (as she is financially supporting me?), 68 and 69?

Many thanks in advance! :)

cyborg001

Re: Filling FLR(M) form - your advise needed as stuck in par

Post by cyborg001 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:41 pm

Casa, CR001 and others, sorry to bump but please could you help me with the above form questions?

I want to finalise the form by tomorrow. I suspect most of these should be standard yes/no for experienced guys like you :)

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:36 pm

:cry:

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:15 pm

Please is there anyone who can help answer some or all of my form questions? I tried to post them in a nice orderly manner hoping they will make it easy for the readers.

Would really appreciate any responses.

cyborg001

FLR(M) application form queries

Post by cyborg001 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:46 pm

Regarding this Question 6.8 - Are these addresses those at which we have lived at TOGETHER in the past 2 years? I'm really confused by this as well. Me and my future wife will only start officially living together at my flat AFTER our marriage i.e. the next day. Currently she lives in her own place just 20 min away from me. We will apply 10 days after our wedding.

So,
1) do I leave this blank, or
2) put only my address since she would have lived with me for 10 days only, or
3) we put all our individuals addresses over past 2 years i.e. our new joint address and her 2 past addresses

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:56 pm

This one. The 2 years cohabitation etc is not relevant if you are switching to FLR(M) from Tier 2 G.

Please stop posting your questions in other member's posts.

Your original post above is so long with so many questions, which is probably why no one has responded. In addition to this, you have started a new topic with almost every question you have and it is unfair to expect members who can or are willing to help you, to trawl through all your threads to understand you are applying from Tier 2 G to FLR(M). You should keep your questions on the same application in one topic.

Multiple Posting (Click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:25 pm

OK. I'm sorry. Just that I saw that some others have posted form questions (as long if not longer) in one place so thought in one place is best rather than you answer one and then I ask another and so on..? I even colour coded the text to make it easy compared to many unstructured posts where you need to ask for clarification from OPs like 4-5 times!

In other threads I am asking questions related to those threads BUILDING on the information there rather than starting new threads. Should I not be asking questions and start new threads? Now I'm confused as you are telling me to not start new threads but not ask questions either?! :? :?:

The above are all mostly yes/no questions so please could you forgive my errors and please help me? As you can see I have also been helping others on the forum and am not here to just take advise only but to offer something back as well...
Last edited by cyborg001 on Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:29 pm

In other threads I am asking questions related to those threads rather than starting new threads. Should I not be asking questions?
You are not asking questions about the posters thread. You are asking round about questions about your own application, like this example you posted in someone else topic, which I have moved to this thread (and deleted the one you posted a second time).
Regarding this Question 6.8 - Are these addresses those at which we have lived at TOGETHER in the past 2 years? I'm really confused by this as well. Me and my future wife will only start officially living together at my flat AFTER our marriage i.e. the next day. Currently she lives in her own place just 20 min away from me. We will apply 10 days after our wedding.

So,
1) do I leave this blank, or
3) we put all our individuals addresses over past 2 years i.e. our new joint address and her 2 past addresses
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:36 pm

But that exact same question related to the form was asked on that thread as it was related to the form too (and as long a OP as mine which you said is too long). So it makes complete sense for me to ask it there no? Or would you rather have duplicate threads for similar questions? Thought best I ask in a RELATED THREAD.

So if I ask in a related thread then I'm told off. If I start a new thread I'm told off. I feel like I am being selectively targeted here for being active and vocal on the forum. As you can see I have also been answering other people's questions or have I not? Do I get any credit for that compared to people who only ask and have no knowledge to offer back?

I know you guys are doing us a favour and are not obliged in any way and have personal lives etc .etc. and I really do appreciate your work. But I feel that your telling me off is a tad unfair... :cry:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:51 pm

Well I have just spent 20 minutes typing a reply to ALL your questions and decided after seeing your most recent comment, not to reply.

There are forum rules about posting and Terms and conditions. Asking questions about your application (when you have many threads going yourself) is unfair to the other members as it then creates confusion when people respond to you and a question and answer situation arises.

You might find it unfair but it is is very time consuming to move posts when people persistently post randomly mostly due to not being patient and waiting for their own topic to be viewed and answered.

You asking repetitive questions in your own and other threads has no bearing on any advice you provide to members. They are two separate issues. Credit for what? I post daily and a lot during the day and I don't get much credit, mostly myself and other mods get flak and arguments like you have just posted. I am not here to win favours or be liked, I am here to try keep the forum clean, free of spammers, multiple posts and to help people should I choose to reply to anyone's post. I tell many posters off, no one is targeting only you.

I might repost my answers, will see how I feel before I finish work at 6pm.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:56 pm

I can only apologise again...I only posted in other thread as no one answered my thread for days. Felt I was being overlooked.

I take your points and I hope you will post those answers back for me. Like I said, I appreciate your personal time spared and never took it for granted. :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:40 pm

A) Yes, not required if you apply in person and pay online. You will need the email of proof of payment only.

B) Yes

C) Correct yes.

D) Yes you can write 'since birth'. No to parents passport copies if your future spouse has a passport.

E) Yes, where BOTH of you live.

F) Not sure if she will need proof. However, as you will only just be married, the cohabitation documentary evidence is not relevant to you.

G) Add a note in additional information. They will have a record of this and if you say now, then it is deception or 'with holding facts'.

H) Dating/boyfriend/girlfriend

I) The actual date you start living together. You can add any other short detail in the additional information.

J) Yes, individual addresses as that is what is seems to ask for.

K) N/A or no is fine.

L) Yes is correct.

M) Not sure, but you can state yes. It is not about cohabitation and names on documents. It is about 'you pay rent, she pays utilities' for example.

N) As previously advised in one of your many posts, you would have been better off applying to switch BEFORE you resigned. Fine to say you are unemployed but they might scrutinise your application a lot due to you being on a work sponsored visa. There are no 'catch' questions. HO likely already know you have left your employment. Does your spouse meet the financial requirement on her own?

O) No, not relevant at this point.

P) All of them.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:57 pm

CR001 wrote:N) As previously advised in one of your many posts, you would have been better off applying to switch BEFORE you resigned. Fine to say you are unemployed but they might scrutinise your application a lot due to you being on a work sponsored visa. There are no 'catch' questions. HO likely already know you have left your employment. Does your spouse meet the financial requirement on her own?
Yes, she meets the full requirement under category A as is permanently employed with current employer since July 15 earning well over £18.6k. So we will use her salary from Aug - Jan i.e. 6 months.

As you point out, I am worried about this part but if we meet everything else clean cut then hoping it is OK. Our parents will also write us an introduction letter and we will have over 70 guests at our civil ceremony followed by an evening reception in her home town in UK. Plenty to show it is not a sham haha!

Also, I would like to sincerely apologise again for arguing earlier and genuinely appreciate your time taken to reply and help me out! :)

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:33 am

Hi guys, I'm filling in my form today for my premium application on 17th and wanted to ask you whether there have been any changes to the rules/form etc. over the past month that I should be aware of?

And are there any major proposed changes from April onwards for spouse visa and 10 year residence routes?

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:59 am

cyborg001 wrote:Hi guys, I'm filling in my form today for my premium application on 17th and wanted to ask you whether there have been any changes to the rules/form etc. over the past month that I should be aware of?

And are there any major proposed changes from April onwards for spouse visa and 10 year residence routes?

Thanks!
None I am aware of. No major changes, other than price increase, for spouse visas. What do you mean '10 year residence routes'? FLR(M) is a 5 year process to ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:03 pm

So in July this year I will complete my 10 legal years in UK so can switch from spouse to ILR as until now spouse does not reset ILR clock on 10 year long residence SET(LR) route.

Wondering if they have plans to keep you stuck on spouse and not let you switch to ILR even if you complete 10 years? :?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:06 pm

cyborg001 wrote:Wondering if they have plans to keep you stuck on spouse and not let you switch to ILR even if you complete 10 years? :?
No such plans. Any legal stay counts for 10 years long residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:09 pm

Thank you :)

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:03 pm

Hi CR001. Last Thu I have been offered a permanent job starting March subject to me obtaining my own right to work as they don't sponsor. Should I include this offer letter in my application if it helps in any way?

If so, then where do I add this? Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:12 pm

It won't be relevant to your application, which will be decided solely on whether you meet all the conditions in the Regulations.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:10 pm

"Are either you or your sponsor currently married to or in a civil partnership with another person?"

It doesn't specify if other than us each other! It will be yes as we are married to each other but no if they mean apart from each other haha!

What to mark?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:12 pm

FLR(M) is used for unmarried partner visa too. Some countries don't allow divorce.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:56 am

Got my visa at Croydon yesterday! It was unbelievably smooth as butter! So happy and thanks for your help :)

Will write an experience post later with details of what I submitted and observations.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:07 am

Congratulations, very happy it went well and thanks for updating us.
Char (CR001 not Casa)