ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 extension: a few questions

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Tier 2 extension: a few questions

Post by VirtualWaver » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:11 pm

Hi guys,

I am preparing to extend my Tier 2 General visa and have some questions please.

1. Is it worth applying for a visa for my baby? I am not really planning to travel with her but not sure if it's better to apply or not? Will applying / not applying give any advantages or priorities? Will she be able to get an ILR if she will be on visa once I will get my ILR after a few years (hopefully)?

2. Do both my wife and baby need to use the same application form or it is different for children? Could you please point out the link to the application form? The one in gov.uk is either for those who apply from outside the UK or apply from inside but on their own.

3. The heathcare subcharge: can I pay for all my family from my single account or need to open a separate account for each dependant?

4. Do we need to take any tuberculosis test?

5. Could you please confirm these are the required documents for my dependants:

My wife:

1. Current passport
2. Previous passport with previous UK visa
3. Biometric Residence Permit card
4. Police Registration Certificate
5. Two recent passport sized photographs with her name written on the back
6. Our marriage certificate with notarized translation
7. Healthcare subcharge

My baby:

1. Current passport
2. UK birth certificate
3. Two recent passport sized photographs with her name written on the back
4. Healthcare subcharge

I believe we won't require to provide bank statements to show we can cover our baby even though she never had any visa and applying for the first time.

Could you please confirm this documents are correct? Any more documents I need to include please?

Thanks a million!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 extension: a few questions

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:52 am

1. Do you intend to apply for childs citizenship, assuming child born in the UK? How long till you qualify for ILR?

2. Tier 2 General dependents is online only.

See Tier 2 General Dep Partner (click)

See Tier 2 General Dep Child (Click)

3. Separate as you need separate IHS reference numbers.

4. No, not if they are in the UK.

5. See Guide to Supporting Documents for Tier 2 G Dep (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Echoes
United Kingdom

Post by Echoes » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:46 am

@CR001 Apparently, OP is applying to extend his visa and his dependants are applying at the same time, which is a similar situation as mine. Can you please confirm if all those documents are needed for dependants. I've been getting conflicting advice regarding dependants and I can't decide if we need to send just the passports, current visa/BRP and photos or detailed documents e.g. evidence of subsisting relationship etc. Could you please advise?

Many thanks.

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by VirtualWaver » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:24 am

CR001 wrote:1. Do you intend to apply for childs citizenship, assuming child born in the UK? How long till you qualify for ILR?
Yes, I do intend when we will qualify. My baby was born in the UK. I will qualify for ILR in Jan, 2019. Not sure if applying for her visa will make any difference / make it worse? Which is better: apply or not apply?
CR001 wrote: 2. Tier 2 General dependents is online only.

See Tier 2 General Dep Partner (click)

See Tier 2 General Dep Child (Click)
Thanks, I was checking these links earlier too but a bit confused as it says "You should use this service if you are applying after the main applicant has already submitted their application or been granted leave in one of these categories". My dependants are with me in the UK and will apply on the same time as I will. Does it mean that they cannot apply on the same time as I if they use these forms?
CR001 wrote:3. Separate as you need separate IHS reference numbers.
Thanks a million!
CR001 wrote: 4. No, not if they are in the UK.
Thanks a lot!
Thanks, it however says in this guidance that it is for applicants applying outside the UK only while my dependants are with me in the UK and will apply from within UK on the same time as I.

Also, correct me if I am wrong but I do not need to provide any bank statements even though my baby will apply for a first time with me do I? Thanks.

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by VirtualWaver » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:27 pm

Guys, can anyone confirm asap these are the correct online application forms for dependants that are applying on the same time as the main applicant in the UK?

Partner: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-partner
Child: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... dant-child

A bit confused because it says these are the forms to apply on their own whilst they should apply with the applicant on the same time.

Also, do I need to complete a separate application form for the child or it can be included in dependant's form? A bit confused.

Thanks a lot!

nisarmalik

Post by nisarmalik » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:32 pm

U can submit online with all dependant in one application.
Before submitting the application u have to pay health charge for all by applying online.
U will get ihs no that they will ask u to enter when u submit ur visa application.
U can pay the health charge in one time by card.
They will tell u what document u have to send.
U need to send
1 passport new and old for all
2 biometric card
3 1 photo for each and write the name on back of photo

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by VirtualWaver » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:30 am

Thanks a lot!

So you mean that I can complete only 1 online application which is mine and mention my 2 dependants there and they do not need to complete any application form online? It will be 1 single application for 3 of us? My wife already has a visa as my dependant but baby is applying for the first time. I want to use same day priority service.

nisarmalik

Post by nisarmalik » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:26 pm

Yes

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by VirtualWaver » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:21 am

Thanks a million mate!