ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Umbrella Company Tax issue

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Asif517
Newly Registered

Umbrella Company Tax issue

Post by Asif517 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:06 pm

Hello Gurus,

Let me explain you a bit of background.

Background -

I applied under Tier 1 General in 2011 and was granted leave to remain and when I submitted my tax returns for the year ,I disclosed less earnings and to save some tax , after reading the earlier post from other members and their experiences I submitted amended Tax returns to HMRC in Oct 2015 and received amended tax returns for the year 2011 on 6st Feb 2016 which I paid in full on 10th Feb ( Tax plus Interest , no penalty was charged ). I am hoping they will amend my tax return and send me a revised copy of SA302.

I established a new Limited Company in May 2012 and started functioning from June 2013, Last year I applied for Mortgage and at that time I requested for SA302( 2013, 2014) from HMRC which I do hold a copy and Last week I was going though the documents and reviewing the SA302 and also I requested for SAR from Home office to check all the records they hold in my name. Reviewing SA302 for the year 2013 I noticed that when I submitted for extension I showed my total income to as 56,000 even though I fall in the income band to 50 to 55k . The income that was submitted to HO holds 2500 from Umbrella Company and 53,500 from my Limited company I paid the tax on 53,500 which is reflected in the SA302 however when I confronted the Umbrella Company they confirmed that the withed tax wasn’t paid to HMRC.

My accountant suggested submitting the amended tax return for the year 2012/2013 and including 2500 as an income to keep the records match and without waiting any time and ending up in further argument and discussion for non payment . I submitted the amended tax return for 2013 on Feb 11th . I am a bit curious and not sure how long this will take for the amendment to be done by HMRC as the last one took nearly 3 ½ months. My current leave to remain expires in May.

I have already reached the threshold for this year i.e. 2015/216 and I am near ready to apply, I can appear any time after April 6 and my current leave to remain expires on May 21st

Reading the members post looks like HO wants compare the records from HMRC,

I am in a dilemma, please can some one advise whether to wait for the amendment from HMRC or apply with the 2013 tax as it stand, as i have paid the tax within the earning band any way and fulfilled my requirement .

Many Thanks
xxxxx

noajthan

Re: Umbrella Company Tax issue

Post by noajthan » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:17 pm

Asif517 wrote:Hello Gurus,

Let me explain you a bit of background.

Background -

I applied under Tier 1 General in 2011 and was granted leave to remain and when I submitted my tax returns for the year ,I disclosed less earnings and to save some tax , after reading the earlier post from other members and their experiences I

Reading the members post looks like HO wants compare the records from HMRC,

I am in a dilemma, please can some one advise whether to wait for the amendment from HMRC or apply with the 2013 tax as it stand, as i have paid the tax within the earning band any way and fulfilled my requirement .

Many Thanks
xxxxx
This is a concern:
... and when I submitted my tax returns for the year ,I disclosed less earnings and to save some tax ...
Naturally HO & HMRC partners will compare notes when an application is assessed.
There was a post made yesterday in which a member reported their application for privilege of ILR was refused despite zero tax being owed.

Whatever advisors someone may or may not use the applicant themselves is always ultimately reponsible for any submissions & applications to government agencies, including for immigration purposes (visas etc)..

Kindly note this is not a tax forum & there are no tax consultants here.
For tax advice suggest find a tax forum.

Members are also reminded of Board T&Cs

If this topic strays from the path of immigration-related matters it will be closed down.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.