ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ICT Short Term to Long Term and Visa for child born in uk

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hcd
Newly Registered

ICT Short Term to Long Term and Visa for child born in uk

Post by hcd » Wed May 28, 2014 7:16 pm

Hi Admin/friends,

Sub :Query for Long term visa and visa for child born in uk.

I am currently having ICT Short Term tier 2 visa which is expiring on November,2014.I am currently having a permanent job in UK and my company will sponsor my visa application . I have few queries below:
Am I eligible for Tier 2 General visa or I need to apply for ICT Long Term Visa only ? [My current UK salary is less than 40K GBP]
Is Visa extension be done in UK itself or I have to go back to my home country and apply for fresh entry clearance ?
During my stay here ,me and my wife is expecting a baby in July. I will be applying for Indian birth certificate and Indian Passport for my baby. Does my new born baby will require the same visa and entry clearance when I come to UK again with new long term Visa probably in Dec,2014 or Jan,2015 ?

Thank you in advance.

hcd
Newly Registered

Re: ICT Short Term to Long Term and Visa for child born in u

Post by hcd » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:30 pm

Hi There,

Sub- Tier2 long term to Tier 2 General.

I am currently holding a tier2 long term visa from start date Jan 2015 to Feb 2018 which is even get extended to two more years. This visa is sponsored by A rated sponsor.

But this type of visa dint eligible for Naturalisation.So I am looking for the options here?
1) can I change job and get a new sponsor who file my Tier2 general sponsorship?does cooling off period come into picture?

2) Is there any way my current employer sponsore me for general visa now? Or at the time of extension ,is it possible to apply for a general visa instead of extension?
3)Any other option?

Thanks in advance .

Cheers
Hcd

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:48 pm

1. Cool-off of 12 months will be applicable if you want to change from T2 ICT to T2 General.

2. Not possible.

hcd
Newly Registered

Post by hcd » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:21 pm

moonlight55 wrote:1. Cool-off of 12 months will be applicable if you want to change from T2 ICT to T2 General.

2. Not possible.
Moonlight,
Thanks for quick response.
Regarding your answer to 1 option.
If I change job now then my ict long term visa is not fully utilised.so how that cooling off work ?is it counted from current departure date from uk ?

Well ,Do you think the visa rule will change in future in 2020 ?Do they curtail restrictions? Or Introduce more stringent rules related to naturalisation?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:37 am

is it counted from current departure date from uk
Yes, 12 months starts from date of departure.
Well ,Do you think the visa rule will change in future in 2020 ?Do they curtail restrictions? Or Introduce more stringent rules related to naturalisation?
None of us can possibly guess what the rules will be in 2020.
But this type of visa dint eligible for Naturalisation.
You are a bit confused. Tier 2 ICT does count for naturalisation. Tier 2 ICT however DOES NOT count or lead to ILR.

How long have you been in the UK?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hcd
Newly Registered

Post by hcd » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:03 am

Moonlight,

Initially I got tier 2 short term ict visa from NOv 2013 to Oct 2014 from companyA. After that due to project transfer I got visa from companyB , I got tier 2 ict long term visa from Jan 2015 and it's still valid till Feb 2018.
Do you see if I have any option for permanent settlement here ?

Cheers

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:06 am

I am not 'moonlight55'. If you check the last post, I am CR001.

No, you don't qualify to apply for ILR on your current visa.

You will be subject to 12 months cooling off period.

The only way you can remain in the UK is if you have a spouse and they apply from home country for Tier 2 General and once they return to the UK, you apply as Tier 2 G dependent.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hcd
Newly Registered

Post by hcd » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:48 pm

Thank you again.
Now I got your point