ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Surinder Singh 3 Month Success Story

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

noajthan

Re: EEA2 Surinder Singh 3 Month Success Story

Post by noajthan » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:27 pm

mefaisalus wrote:hi everyone i am British national living in uk would like to apply my parent dependency visa on eu treaty through Ireland has anybody applied for their parent dependency visa through surrinder singh route any suggestion would be appreciated
Searching for the term: "Surinder parent" in the EEA forum returns 26 matches (as of now)

- suggest try that & take a look
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

msk95
Newly Registered

Post by msk95 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:13 pm

Hi

Thank you for sharing your success story.

My question should I go to ireland and stay few month
First, or should apply for a visa for my wife then go
to ireland, which I assume you did right?

emdadsworld
Newly Registered

Post by emdadsworld » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:59 pm

hi user st2447. can I have your email address then I can contact u personali. thx

mak35

Post by mak35 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:32 am

Hey guys,

I am back here to seek your advice, especially st2447, DanChak, Candy2012, Kunfaykun, Abs566, Hamza2013, MODERATORS and the people who have applied for their dependent parents.

Basically i am at the cross roads of deciding between the route I should take. All options have down sides to them. Please comment which options are best considering the delays occuring at INID and Britain exiting EU.

As posted previously I am British Citizen and currently my parents are residing in Pakistan and I want to bring them to the UK via SS route. I have following options in mind.

1. Apply for a Long term D visa:- One option is to set the record straight from beginning and apply for Long Term D Visa.
a. For this category which visa type will I be applying for? Join Family Visit visa? even though the intention is to stay longer than 3 months? very confused about the type I need to choose!!
b. For this type of visa do I need to be present in Ireland and be employed/self employed before applying this visa for my parents? Can I be still in UK and apply D Type visa for the parents?
c. If 'b' above is a requirement then can I divide my time both in UK and Ireland. for example continue to work in UK but open up a self employed business in Ireland and run it until my parents get the visa sorted. Of course, I will do the rest like applying for the PRTB, PPI, Docs registrations etc. What I am trying to do here is to avoid waiting for 6 months (possibly without work or on very little income if self employed). When the parents get the visa then I can move to Ireland full time because then I would have to establish the 'Center of Life'. I assume center of life condition is only for SS route when you are applying to come back to UK and is not required to obtain any type of Irish visas.

Could this above activity be problematic in proving Center of Life condition? Of course, i will take all measures not to tell the UK authorities but does the first part of the journey (i.e. getting my parents to Ireland) really matter in relation to center of life?

d. How is the Irish job market for IT related work. I am hearing from solicitors and some other people that it is not very difficult to find an IT related job in Ireland at the moment. Is that true?
e. Please let me know your thoughts on this proposed approach. What could be the issues/problems I need to be aware of and what is any other best option apart from this?

2. Apply for Short Stay 'C' Type Visa:
I read that this type of visa used to be issued between 10-12 weeks but it is now taking more than 5-6 months. In this climate of delay is it really worth applying for C type visa when I can get D type visa in the same duration any way. What are the pros and cons of both 'C' and 'D'?

I guess one of the benefits is that I dont have to move to Ireland first to make C type visa application?

The current processing times are showing that Visitor applications from 2/12/2015 are getting processed in the week 25/1/2016 so that doesnt seem too bad but is this the reality? can someone comment how long is it taking for short term visit visas plz?

Can we apply for EU1 card when the parents are in Ireland on C type visa? I read somewhere on INID website that any visitors will not be extended or be allowed to change their type of stay in Ireland.

If the EU referendum happens by the end of 2016 or Mr. Cameron gets his deal with EU in restricting the movement what could happen then?

If Ireland is taking so long what are the options in other EU countries? I guess main thing is the job perspective. But I was thinking if other EU countries can process applications quickly then is it worth going there instead of Ireland. Any thoughts here please?

Apologies for so many questions but with the time running out I really need to make a decision as soon as.

Jet Wings
Newly Registered

Post by Jet Wings » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:52 pm

Dear Sir,
Many Thanks for creating this thread, I am a Pakistani Passport Holder having Indefinite Leave to Remain in UK and applying for naturalisation this week, my daughter holds a British Passport and wife is my dependent.
I actually want to bring my mother and 2 younger brothers to UK from Pakistan but cannot find an easiest route to get them British or nationality of any EEA/EU country, could you please assist me if any possibilities.

Many Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Aaron-Law

Post by Aaron-Law » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:47 pm

mak35 wrote:Hey guys,

I am back here to seek your advice, especially st2447, DanChak, Candy2012, Kunfaykun, Abs566, Hamza2013, MODERATORS and the people who have applied for their dependent parents.

Basically i am at the cross roads of deciding between the route I should take. All options have down sides to them. Please comment which options are best considering the delays occuring at INID and Britain exiting EU.

As posted previously I am British Citizen and currently my parents are residing in Pakistan and I want to bring them to the UK via SS route. I have following options in mind.

1. Apply for a Long term D visa:- One option is to set the record straight from beginning and apply for Long Term D Visa.
a. For this category which visa type will I be applying for? Join Family Visit visa? even though the intention is to stay longer than 3 months? very confused about the type I need to choose!!
b. For this type of visa do I need to be present in Ireland and be employed/self employed before applying this visa for my parents? Can I be still in UK and apply D Type visa for the parents?
c. If 'b' above is a requirement then can I divide my time both in UK and Ireland. for example continue to work in UK but open up a self employed business in Ireland and run it until my parents get the visa sorted. Of course, I will do the rest like applying for the PRTB, PPI, Docs registrations etc. What I am trying to do here is to avoid waiting for 6 months (possibly without work or on very little income if self employed). When the parents get the visa then I can move to Ireland full time because then I would have to establish the 'Center of Life'. I assume center of life condition is only for SS route when you are applying to come back to UK and is not required to obtain any type of Irish visas.

Could this above activity be problematic in proving Center of Life condition? Of course, i will take all measures not to tell the UK authorities but does the first part of the journey (i.e. getting my parents to Ireland) really matter in relation to center of life?

d. How is the Irish job market for IT related work. I am hearing from solicitors and some other people that it is not very difficult to find an IT related job in Ireland at the moment. Is that true?
e. Please let me know your thoughts on this proposed approach. What could be the issues/problems I need to be aware of and what is any other best option apart from this?

2. Apply for Short Stay 'C' Type Visa:
I read that this type of visa used to be issued between 10-12 weeks but it is now taking more than 5-6 months. In this climate of delay is it really worth applying for C type visa when I can get D type visa in the same duration any way. What are the pros and cons of both 'C' and 'D'?

I guess one of the benefits is that I dont have to move to Ireland first to make C type visa application?

The current processing times are showing that Visitor applications from 2/12/2015 are getting processed in the week 25/1/2016 so that doesnt seem too bad but is this the reality? can someone comment how long is it taking for short term visit visas plz?

Can we apply for EU1 card when the parents are in Ireland on C type visa? I read somewhere on INID website that any visitors will not be extended or be allowed to change their type of stay in Ireland.

If the EU referendum happens by the end of 2016 or Mr. Cameron gets his deal with EU in restricting the movement what could happen then?

If Ireland is taking so long what are the options in other EU countries? I guess main thing is the job perspective. But I was thinking if other EU countries can process applications quickly then is it worth going there instead of Ireland. Any thoughts here please?

Apologies for so many questions but with the time running out I really need to make a decision as soon as.

Hi Mak35,

Firstly; the SS route has only been successfully utilised by "Non-EEA spouses" of qualifying EEA nationals returning to their respective EEA state/ country together. At this stage I would suggest that you get yourself registered in Ireland before applying for any visas for your family members to either Ireland or the UK.

Once you have a base in Ireland (Obtain a place to stay/ work/ other legal documents etc..) then you can either ask your parents to apply for an Irish visa or get them a UK visa. Please don't read and misinterpret the
INIS website, it does not mention anything about EEA dependants.
Further to your question where you mentioned that some EU countries process the EU dependant application for non-EEA nationals quicker is not factual and can be tricky to explain. It all depends on the supporting documents and facts. Please do not generalise cases for the mere self-empathy. I have seen some straightforward cases take almost a year for obtaining residency.
The Brexit may or may not happen, nobody knows yet. But that shouldn't hinder what you set out to accomplish. Have your parents travelled to the UK before?
Please advise.

Thank you,
Best regards,

Aaron.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:00 pm

Aaron-Law wrote:Hi Mak35,

Firstly; the SS route has only been successfully utilised by "Non-EEA spouses" of qualifying EEA nationals returning to their respective EEA state/ country together. At this stage I would suggest that you get yourself registered in Ireland before applying for any visas for your family members to either Ireland or the UK.

Thank you,
Best regards,

Aaron.
Interested to know what is meant by this statement - & what it it is based on?

@Mak35,
if Ireland doesn't float your boat you could think about looking at somewhere like Malta.

Why not shoot for Malta:
  • good climate;
    seasonal tourist industry;
    gaming/IT sector;
    English-speaking/Anglophile country

mak35

Post by mak35 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:19 am

Aaron-Law wrote:
Hi Mak35,

Once you have a base in Ireland (Obtain a place to stay/ work/ other legal documents etc..) then you can either ask your parents to apply for an Irish visa or get them a UK visa. Please don't read and misinterpret the
INIS website, it does not mention anything about EEA dependants.
Further to your question where you mentioned that some EU countries process the EU dependant application for non-EEA nationals quicker is not factual and can be tricky to explain. It all depends on the supporting documents and facts. Please do not generalise cases for the mere self-empathy. I have seen some straightforward cases take almost a year for obtaining residency.
The Brexit may or may not happen, nobody knows yet. But that shouldn't hinder what you set out to accomplish. Have your parents travelled to the UK before?
Please advise.

Thank you,
Best regards,

Aaron.
Hi Aaron, thank you for your reply.
Not sure i fully understand your comment "successfully utilised by "Non-EEA spouses" of qualifying EEA nationals". I have seen many people successfully using this route for their elderly parents. Besides, if the EU law entitles the family members in addition to the spouse then the judgement should be based on the rules of law. I know in most of the cases the law is not properly followed by the country especially in the case of UK where the Home Office can give non-sense reasons for rejection just to make people's lives difficult.

I agree that timing of the issuance of Resident permit depends on how strong your case/documents is but there is also a dependency on how busy the authorities of that country are. They may have back log issues which I am certainly sure is the case with Ireland at the moment.

And yes my parents have traveled several times to UK in the past 15 years and not even once they over stayed in this country

mak35

Post by mak35 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:35 am

noajthan wrote:
@Mak35,
if Ireland doesn't float your boat you could think about looking at somewhere like Malta.

Why not shoot for Malta:
  • good climate;
    seasonal tourist industry;
    gaming/IT sector;
    English-speaking/Anglophile country
Hi Noajthan,
Thanks for your reply. Malta is a good suggestion and as you said the climate is a big pull factor. But since it is a tiny country I am a bit skeptical about how big its IT job market is?

It would be ideal if I could secure a job in any EU country first (even though i know language could be an issue in places like France, Germany etc. and that is in addition to the current immigrants issue).

Are there any resources where I can look for job in IT in Malta, Denmark, Sweden etc. what are your thoughts.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:46 am

mak35 wrote:Hi Noajthan,
Thanks for your reply. Malta is a good suggestion and as you said the climate is a big pull factor. But since it is a tiny country I am a bit skeptical about how big its IT job market is?

It would be ideal if I could secure a job in any EU country first (even though i know language could be an issue in places like France, Germany etc. and that is in addition to the current immigrants issue).

Are there any resources where I can look for job in IT in Malta, Denmark, Sweden etc. what are your thoughts.
You could start here:

mak35

Post by mak35 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:28 pm

Thanks noajthan, this is a good read.

For Center of Life I guess one needs to have as much proof as possible from library to gym membership to other minor things but my question is:

On the way back to UK or when apply for Family permit from EU, could the UK authorities ask that why am I moving back to UK. Do we need to give them a solid reason in the family permit form or on the border?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:22 pm

mak35 wrote:Thanks noajthan, this is a good read.

For Center of Life I guess one needs to have as much proof as possible from library to gym membership to other minor things but my question is:

On the way back to UK or when apply for Family permit from EU, could the UK authorities ask that why am I moving back to UK. Do we need to give them a solid reason in the family permit form or on the border?
Under EU law you don't have to do any such things or answer such questions.

Of course UK plays hard ball with c-o-l but, as a returning BC, you should not entertain such questions nor have to explain why you want to return to Blighty.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:39 pm

What you must avoid is saying that you have been exercising your Treaty rights in another EU State in order to make use of the Surinder Singh route. There have been refusals due to 'circumventing the Immigration Rules' with the prior intention to settle via SS.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:43 pm

@wssw, kindly do not post repeated questions everywhere.

You already have your own thread (with answers) here:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/irelan ... 03279.html
- posts merged

Hamza2013
Member of Standing

Post by Hamza2013 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:30 pm

Hi All,

I am planning to apply for UK permit for my parents on stamp 4 and am gathering as much information as possible, any suggestions regarding this would be really appreciated,

mak35

Post by mak35 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:05 pm

Noajthan/Casa and anyone who can help,

Guys in your expert opinion how the new UK-EU deal has affected the freedom of movement right for non-EU parents? I can clearly see more difficulties in the spouse case but could not work out how these new rules will create problems for the non-EU parents. Please can you shed some light?

Hamza2013
Member of Standing

Post by Hamza2013 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:40 pm

Hi mak35,

Based on my little information (and I will request gurus input here) I haven't come across any forum yet where qualified members i.e. Parents are discussed yet. I reckon the affect on parents could not be significant as long as they enter EU under qualifying member I.e. Directive. Once parents are in EU they will be your house hold member and if and when you take them back to satisfy Uk own law for dependent parents will be no as harsh as spouse requirement is.

I reckon if you can bring your parents to EU and register them a) the dependency can be more clear and shown stronger way b) there will be human rights consideration too if and when you take them back to your own EI home country. This all is my speculations and need loads of input from experienced member.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:52 pm

mak35 wrote:Noajthan/Casa and anyone who can help,

Guys in your expert opinion how the new UK-EU deal has affected the freedom of movement right for non-EU parents? I can clearly see more difficulties in the spouse case but could not work out how these new rules will create problems for the non-EU parents. Please can you shed some light?
Good question.
Parents are a critical piece of the jigsaw.

And there has been a remarkable silence on the situation for dependent & minor children too.

Frankly at this state of play, with all bets seemingly off, I do not know.
And I just seem to get DC's voicemail at the moment, he must be busy :wink:

An interesting take on developments to be found here - but no clear answers yet:
https://eumovement.wordpress.com/2016/0 ... ng-abroad/

nt16
Newly Registered

Post by nt16 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:51 am

st2447 wrote:The letter I used was for accompany spouse, i guess for join spouse there is not much to change except to explain that your EEA spouse is in Ireland and include proof of him/her exercising treaty rights there. You don't need proof of exercising treaty rights if your spouse has been in Ireland for less than 3 months.
Alhamdulillah. That is great. Couple of questions if you could shed some light:

1. When you arrived UK and looking for a stamp for your wife but did not find any, did you get any other stamp or visa? I.e. did she have any stamp or UK visa prior to getting the EEA2?

2. Am i not correct in assuming that whether it is Ireland or any other EU country you can still come to the border without FP but with all the documents as according to the rules they need to give you the chance to prove.

3. Did you have to get your Wife's NIC and Passport updated to be on your name? i.e. stating husband's name on these?

4. I am looking to move to NL for my mom and wife however I will be working over there but still employed by my company in the UK, although they will be paying me in EURO, paying taxes locally and in the bank account there. similar to an NL resident working for a UK company. Do you think this should matter in showing if you have exercised your treaty rights?

Thanks for sharing

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:51 pm

@mak35, to avoid confusion & jumbled responses, I have moved your question to its own thread:

See http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 04013.html

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:13 pm

@pyaris, to avoid confusion & jumbled responses, I have moved your question to its own thread:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 04196.html

gillacious_505

Post by gillacious_505 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:53 pm

Can someone please clear the air on my dilemma.

If a british citizen wants to bring the dependent daughter to Germany from a non-EU country then is it necessary for the british citizen to live in Germany first or the british citizen can directly apply for short term visa for her daughter from Germany embassy in NON-EU country under the 2004/38 directive and can accompany with her daughter directly from the non-eu country ?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:58 pm

gillacious_505 wrote:Can someone please clear the air on my dilemma.

If a british citizen wants to bring the dependent daughter to Germany from a non-EU country then is it necessary for the british citizen to live in Germany first or the british citizen can directly apply for short term visa for her daughter from Germany embassy in NON-EU country under the 2004/38 directive and can accompany with her daughter directly from the non-eu country ?
Either case...
Your family members, irrespective of their nationality, have the right to accompany or join you in an EU country other than that of your nationality.

This right applies regardless of whether they have previously been residing in another EU country or with which visa the family member entered the host EU country
Get up to speed on EU free movement here:
http://ec.europa.eu/justice/citizen/doc ... 013_en.pdf

Abdul_1230
Newly Registered

Post by Abdul_1230 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:14 pm

Hi Guys.

I have few questions and some advice will be greatly appreciated.
I am planning to apply for accompanying spouse visa under directive 2004/38/eu for Ireland

1. Does anyone know, how long does it take at the moment to approve?
2. Is it better to move there first and than apply, I mean will it take less time, because I had some advise from a consultant that if you move there and start working than it will take 4 months and if you are moving after the visa is granted, it will take up to 6 months.

thanks guys
looking forward to your advice.

Hrmandhindsa
Newly Registered

Post by Hrmandhindsa » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:12 pm

Hey,
Taking it as a case, if they allow 1 month of entry in ireland to the non-eu family member travelling with eu national. Then what documents should we try to collect/gather. Because 1 month is a really short time and we cannot show our utility bill n everything.. So if you could help me in this and let me know which documents i should prepare for !? That will be really appreciated.
Many thanks