ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Born in UK Naturlization Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sajid08

Child Born in UK Naturlization Process

Post by sajid08 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:36 pm

Hi All,

My daughter was born in the UK in Oct 2014, me and my wife got our ILR in Nov 2015 (we didn't apply for our daughter's ILR), now we need to apply for my daughters Naturalization and passport, we plan to visit our home country in early July so we need her passport before that, can you please guide me about the fastest way of applying? This is what I have got so far by browsing different sites and threads.

1. We need to fill in the MN1 form with references
2. Take appointment from a local Nationality Checking Service
3. Go there with MN1 form and documents and have the application submitted
4. Then once we receive the Registration certificate, we need to apply for passport (since our daughter is less than 2 years old, we won't need to attend oath ceremony for her, right?)

Questions
1. Is above the right sequence of events?
2. What are the documents we need to attach with the MN1 form?
3. Is this the fastest way of application or can we do something else to expedite the process?

Thanks in advance for your help.

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Re: Child Born in UK Naturlization Process

Post by zahmed05 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:00 am

The above sequence is correct.
You will need her birth certificate and copy of BRP with your passport. Her foreign passport if present is a bonus.
Unfortunately there is no fast track option. You can apply passport and registration at the same time but it may not make much difference in terms of end result. It may save you passport application hassle and time though.

July seems just fine and you need to make a move quickly as HO is taking time processing applications.

I recommend to follow MN1 timelines for better idea of how long it's taking to orocess application

sajid08

Post by sajid08 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:57 am

Thanks for your quick reply. Regarding BRP, she doesn't have one, her original visa was pasted on her foreign passport which we have. Also won't we need to submit my BRP proving that I have ILR?

Regards
Syed

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:45 am

sajid08 wrote:Thanks for your quick reply. Regarding BRP, she doesn't have one, her original visa was pasted on her foreign passport which we have. Also won't we need to submit my BRP proving that I have ILR?

Regards
Syed
Yes, one parent's BRP (proof ILR) is required.
See MN1 guidance for evidence required.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by zahmed05 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:30 am

zahmed05 wrote: You will need her birth certificate and copy of BRP with your passport.
I meant copy of your BRP for ILR proof. Apologies for not being very clear.