ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switzerland Visa Refused

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

madeel
Newly Registered

Switzerland Visa Refused

Post by madeel » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:16 am

I have applied for Schengen visa through Switzerland embassy. Purpose of visit was to attend a 5 days training in Zurich. I have attached all the relevant documents but my visa application is refused with the following reason:
One or more member state(s) consider you to be a threat to public policy, internal security, public health as defined in Article 2(19) of Regulation (EC) No 562/2006 (Schengen Borders Code) or the international relations of one or more of the member states).

I do not understand what threat I possess to any country. I don't want to visit Switzerland anymore but the reason of refusal is quite offensive and I believe I should clear myself by appealing against the decision. Found many cases on internet where applicants receive the similar reason of refusal but cannot find any case where applicant have appealed against this.

Need to know anyone here who faced similar case and filed an appeal. How long it took, what was the reason and decision of the appeal? Appreciate anyone can share their experience and guide me in this matter.

Thanks.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Switzerland Visa Refused

Post by Casa » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:03 am

Have you been refused a visa from any country in the past or have anything in your immigration history which may have flagged up in this application?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

madeel
Newly Registered

Re: Switzerland Visa Refused

Post by madeel » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:56 am

No not at all.
Please guide me what can be done?