ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2016 Citizenship Approvals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Star1988
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Re: 2016 Citizenship Approvals

Post by Star1988 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:07 am

pixie12 wrote:
Star1988 wrote:About 2 weeks ago
whats the basis of your application star? Its hard to predict the INIS sometimes. Maybe as long as it is still not on the 6 month mark(like what they stated on the letter) then there's nothing to worry about.
Hi pixie,

Spouse of Irish national. They said %70 of applications are sorted within 6 months, and some applications take longer than that. We will get it, we just have to be patient

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:29 am

Hi My wife sent application on 6 August 2015, they got it on 7 August. First letter came on 13 August (issued on the 12th). Second letter was issued on 30th September. final approval issued on Jnauary 15th, we got it on the 19th. Paid right away the 950 euros and sent it on January 20th.
Still haven't received the invitation for the ceremony, but I do understand next one in Dublin is on April 15th so most likely they will send it middle March

All straight forward.
My wife applied on the basis of 5 years residency, she has been living since 2003 here, we have an Irish child. Never received any welfare, no penalty points etc.

Since her application is approved, I sent mine. I have been living in Ireland since 2002, EU citizen. I sent everything in January 27th, they got it on the 28th. Then again never received any social welfare. Just a couple of time penalties for speeding (low anyway..., the second time was when my boy was born, and I was going to the hospital). So I would not expect any issue.

Nevertheless since it has been just over two weeks and no acknowledgement letter yet, would it make sense for me to contact me by email or phone to see if their letter was lost or if they need anything else?

Many thanks

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:55 am

jumanufer wrote:Hi My wife sent application on 6 August 2015, they got it on 7 August. First letter came on 13 August (issued on the 12th). Second letter was issued on 30th September. final approval issued on Jnauary 15th, we got it on the 19th. Paid right away the 950 euros and sent it on January 20th.
Still haven't received the invitation for the ceremony, but I do understand next one in Dublin is on April 15th so most likely they will send it middle March

All straight forward.
My wife applied on the basis of 5 years residency, she has been living since 2003 here, we have an Irish child. Never received any welfare, no penalty points etc.

Since her application is approved, I sent mine. I have been living in Ireland since 2002, EU citizen. I sent everything in January 27th, they got it on the 28th. Then again never received any social welfare. Just a couple of time penalties for speeding (low anyway..., the second time was when my boy was born, and I was going to the hospital). So I would not expect any issue.

Nevertheless since it has been just over two weeks and no acknowledgement letter yet, would it make sense for me to contact me by email or phone to see if their letter was lost or if they need anything else?

Many thanks
You've done your bit mate so patiently wait for the INIS to send you an acknowledgement which can take between 1 week to 4 weeks.

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:01 pm

Thanks a lot!

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:31 pm

One quick last question, do you know how often do they run ceremony in the year?

zsk_747
Ireland

Post by zsk_747 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:35 pm

Received an invitation letter today for 4th March 2016 in Waterford :D :D :D . Hope those applicants are waiting for their invitation letter, will receive soon.

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:40 pm

Thanks
For my wife should be for April 15th
Mine would be approved by mid July if all goes well
So if there is a ceremony in September or October I could get it then

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:11 pm

jumanufer wrote:One quick last question, do you know how often do they run ceremony in the year?
We have 4 - 5 ceremonies in one year.

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:18 pm

Star1988 wrote:
pixie12 wrote:
Star1988 wrote:About 2 weeks ago
whats the basis of your application star? Its hard to predict the INIS sometimes. Maybe as long as it is still not on the 6 month mark(like what they stated on the letter) then there's nothing to worry about.
Hi pixie,

Spouse of Irish national. They said %70 of applications are sorted within 6 months, and some applications take longer than that. We will get it, we just have to be patient
Yeah we have the same basis of application as my husband is an irish national. Just applied last jan 18, 2016. And im just on the second stage process as what the acknowledgement letter stated when i received it last jan 28,2016. Will get there. And yours will be in the post soon for sure.

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:22 pm

jumanufer wrote:Hi My wife sent application on 6 August 2015, they got it on 7 August. First letter came on 13 August (issued on the 12th). Second letter was issued on 30th September. final approval issued on Jnauary 15th, we got it on the 19th. Paid right away the 950 euros and sent it on January 20th.

All straight forward.

Many thanks
I applied a week before you(jan 18,2016). I actually emailed them, just to asked them is they receive it. And they said yes. And got a letter a few days for acknowledgement on the 28 of january. I applied on the basis of being married to irish national(3years). Been here in ireland since 2012. You'll definitely get it, and if you had it regjstered post you'll be able to see the name who got your application. But for us applicants I know we just want to be sure.(I'm paranoid myself,lol) They might just be busy right now for the upcoming election i suppose.

Punjabi
Newly Registered

Post by Punjabi » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:50 pm

zsk_747 wrote:Received an invitation letter today for 4th March 2016 in Waterford :D :D :D . Hope those applicants are waiting for their invitation letter, will receive soon.
Hi zsk- 747
Are u from dublin or outside . Before getting invition inis contact with you or not , they invite u for 4 march ceremony.
Thanks

zsk_747
Ireland

Post by zsk_747 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:37 pm

Punjabi wrote:
zsk_747 wrote:Received an invitation letter today for 4th March 2016 in Waterford :D :D :D . Hope those applicants are waiting for their invitation letter, will receive soon.
Hi zsk- 747
Are u from dublin or outside . Before getting invition inis contact with you or not , they invite u for 4 march ceremony.
Thanks
@ Punjabi.................I am from Carlow and Inis had contacted me regarding about availability for March ceremony in Waterford. I have received an invitation letter from Inis yesterday for March ceremony in Waterford.

Punjabi
Newly Registered

Post by Punjabi » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:10 pm

Zsk
Congralation and best of lucl ..i hope so we get in dublin 15 april

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:01 pm

Hi guys, just a quick updated I have just received the second letter (including receipt and first letter info), no first letter issued as happened with my wife. So this seems to go pretty fast.

So as summary application sent on January 27th, received on the 28th, second letter issued on February 11th and received today 15th (15 days since application sent till letter was issued).

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:55 pm

jumanufer wrote:Hi guys, just a quick updated I have just received the second letter (including receipt and first letter info), no first letter issued as happened with my wife. So this seems to go pretty fast.

So as summary application sent on January 27th, received on the 28th, second letter issued on February 11th and received today 15th (15 days since application sent till letter was issued).
Wow thats fast! What does it says on the second letter?

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:12 pm

First two line paragraph acknowledge receipt of my application with the fee and all supporting documentation.

Then starts the second letter (as it was sent to my wife) advising that they finalised the initial assessment and I am moving to the second stage, which basically is to send the enquiries to the different offices, etc.

From this letter to the confirmation of naturalisation of my wife took them 3.5 months (and that was during Xmas and new year, etc). To get this letter took her 55 days (15 days to me). So I would not be surprised to get it even before May. Let's see how fast moves from now on. I am totally clean other than the disclosed penalties that I already told them (for speeding).

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:35 pm

jumanufer wrote:First two line paragraph acknowledge receipt of my application with the fee and all supporting documentation.

Then starts the second letter (as it was sent to my wife) advising that they finalised the initial assessment and I am moving to the second stage, which basically is to send the enquiries to the different offices, etc.

From this letter to the confirmation of naturalisation of my wife took them 3.5 months (and that was during Xmas and new year, etc). To get this letter took her 55 days (15 days to me). So I would not be surprised to get it even before May. Let's see how fast moves from now on. I am totally clean other than the disclosed penalties that I already told them (for speeding).
Ohh i got the same. So it means its the acknowledgement and second letter at the same time(in one letter) Thought this is just the first letter. But yeah thanks for that! Hopefully we get sorted early than we expect.

"First paragraph"- acknowledgement of receipt

"Second paragraph"- your application has now been initially assessed and has proceed to the second stage of processing. Your case will be submitted to the minister for decision....blah blah blah

Thats how my letter is

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:37 pm

Those are two letters in one!!

Next one, unless they ask for clarifications or additional documents, will be with the approval

Punjabi
Newly Registered

Post by Punjabi » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:00 pm

You very lucky your applicayion going fast.i hope so u get within
2 or 3 months approval

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:04 pm

I hope so too, although I am not in a hurry, the faster I get it the better

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:43 pm

jumanufer wrote:Those are two letters in one!!

Next one, unless they ask for clarifications or additional documents, will be with the approval
Oh wow!! Thanks for letting me know. Didnt know til u tell me. Hopefully we can be able to join the april ceremony(i wish, lol)
Thanks much! If u didnt tell me i will still be waiting for my second letter til now.

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:55 pm

not for april. that will be too early. for 15 april, I think they send the invitation 3 to 4 weeks before. so unless we get the approval by early march and pay on the spot, then we will have to wait till next ceremony, which will be most likely the case.

no idea when the next ceremony will be.

dublin777

Post by dublin777 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:44 pm

Congrats guys :) it's nice when you see yr application moving fast from one stage to another stage :)

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:57 pm

jumanufer wrote:not for april. that will be too early. for 15 april, I think they send the invitation 3 to 4 weeks before. so unless we get the approval by early march and pay on the spot, then we will have to wait till next ceremony, which will be most likely the case.

no idea when the next ceremony will be.
Yeah just wishful thinking. Lol. Its crazy how fast it was. Hopefully everything will go smoothly and will be able to get our approval soon. Thank u mate!

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:59 pm

dublin777 wrote:Congrats guys :) it's nice when you see yr application moving fast from one stage to another stage :)
Yeah. That was really quick. Mine is just 11 days. Cant complain. Hopefully the approval will come out soon. Maybe 3 months or sooner:)