ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Italian Passport of Filipino wife middle name question

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gabrio
Newly Registered

New Italian Passport of Filipino wife middle name question

Post by gabrio » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:46 pm

hi guys,

i have a bit of an odd question...my wife is filipina w/ italian citizenship and i am italian.

we just received today my wife's new Italian passport (happy days) however something looks a bit strange...

On the new italian passport they put like this - fictional names used -

Name : Anna Core
Last Name : Brown

it's fine to keep unmarried names since that's what happens in Italy, but the "strange" part is that "Core" is her mom's family name (which goes in as "Middle Name" on filipino passports), so that looks as though they changed her name, like "Anna Core", where "Core" is NOT her name.

On Filipino passports, they have 3 spaces

Name
Middle Name
Last Name

on italian passports, we don't

the only thing i can think of is that they took that from the Citizenship documentation, in fact I just checked her italian's citizenship confirmation and it states Anna Core BROWN.

so i guess it was our fault using the "Core" in the citizenship application in the first place? so we just forget it and leave as it is?

does it all make sense to you? Is there a point in going there and ask to remove that "Core" from the "name" bit?

thanks,
Gabrio

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: New Italian Passport of Filipino wife middle name questi

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:02 pm

A passport will be issued in the name of the citizenship certificate and the foreign passport. So yes, leave it as it is.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gabrio
Newly Registered

Post by gabrio » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:05 pm

CR001 wrote:A passport will be issued in the name of the citizenship certificate and the foreign passport. So yes, leave it as it is.
arghhh that's what i thought.. the interesting thing is that on her passport - her latest filipino passport - she actually had:

Anna
Brown
MY LAST NAME (bc on filipino passports they allow to have husband's last name unlike ita's)

so they removed the "Core" all together - but as you said, i believe they took it from the citizenship.

thanks,
Gab

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:16 pm

gabrio wrote:
CR001 wrote:A passport will be issued in the name of the citizenship certificate and the foreign passport. So yes, leave it as it is.

so they removed the "Core" all together - but as you said, i believe they took it from the citizenship.

thanks,
Gab
I think you are talking about Italian citizenship here.

However, if your wife has ambitions for privilege of UK citizenship you may hit problems if any uncancelled foreign passport is different from the name she uses day to day &/or from the name she is naturalised in (in UK).

See british-citizenship/passport-refused-un ... 83170.html
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

gabrio
Newly Registered

Post by gabrio » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:17 pm

noajthan wrote:
gabrio wrote:

thanks,
Gab
I think you are talking about Italian citizenship here.

However, if your wife has ambitions for privilege of UK citizenship you may hit problems if any uncancelled foreign passport is different from the name she uses day to day &/or from the name she is naturalised in (in UK).

See british-citizenship/passport-refused-un ... 83170.html
nope not really, it took forever to have the ita citizenship + passport, no need for another one now! :)

thanks,
gab