ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU1 or Stamp4?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Zucker
Newly Registered

EU1 or Stamp4?

Post by Zucker » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:09 pm

Hi guys,

So me(non-EU) and my husband(German) will be moving to Ireland in the summer. We have been living in Germany for over a year now.

From all my investigation, the way to go will be: go to Ireland on the 90day visitors visa and apply for stamp4.
Today I found a site from someone who aid in obtaining these and I wrote them, here is an extract:

QUESTION
Dear Sir/Madam,
I am a South African passport holder married to a German citizen and we are moving to Ireland in June 2008.
My question is: will you be able to help me obtain a spousal visa (stamp4 I believe), how long will it take and how much will it cost. Do you offer any guarantees?

ANSWER
Please advise us of your current country of residence. If you are located in an EU country now you may apply for an EU residence card which would confer immediate working rights. A stamp 4 would issue to you after you have been resident here for 12 months. Prior to that you would have a Stamp 3 which does not give you the capacity to work.

Now I am really really confused. I thought you get stamp4 right away without having to be in Ireland for 12 months. HELPPPPP please ? :wink:

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:25 pm

That sounds like very uninformed advice...if you have a residence card from Germany you can apply for a stamp4(E.U Fam) right away using the E.U1 application form from here...There is no need to bother with a stamp3.
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/EU ... y%20Rights

Bear in mind there is usually a delay of 6 months before your application will processed due to the volume of applications.

Zucker
Newly Registered

Post by Zucker » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:19 am

thank you archigabe :wink:

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:56 am

Do you want to work right away upon arrival in Ireland?

Zucker
Newly Registered

Post by Zucker » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:10 am

Yes, we plan to arrive in Ireland in June and taking up employment asap is my goal.

I looked at the link Archigabe gave, the EU1 form says it needs to be sent to Burgh Quay.

Will it work if I get all the documents together and send it off with an explanation letter, saying that because it takes six months and I want it ready by then, I am applying in advance from outside of Ireland?

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:02 pm

I don't think it's a good idea to send your passports out of the country since DOJ want your original passports along with your E.U1 application.