ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 visa holder rights

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chbabar87
Newly Registered

EEA2 visa holder rights

Post by chbabar87 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:04 am

Hi All: i will be verythankful to you in advance if someone please advice me. I am having EEA2 visa since 2013 and i want to visit my family back home Pakistan, my question is can i go to back home on holidays without my wife (she is busy and cant take 4 weeks holidays from work)? so will i have any problem? we went on holidays in Cyprus and we had to go together i am not sure about my home country do we ahve to go together or i can visit alone? thanks

vinny

Re: EEA2 visa holder rights

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:01 am

Should be okay, if you are returning to join your EEA wife who is exercising treaty rights in the UK.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sandy88

Post by sandy88 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:39 pm

Hi mate,

I have looked at EU regulation regarding non eu family member holding resident card

it says, you can travel without your partner as long as you satisfy the border control by showing Resident Card, Marriage/ Civil Partnership Certificate and proof that he/she exercising their treaty rights in the UK

johnny9765

Post by johnny9765 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:07 pm

Should be fine to leave the country for 4 weeks. I recently was is asia travelling around for almost 2 months and i currently hold a eea2 residence card unmarried partner, came back through Gatwick no questions asked from immigration and the process took less than 10 seconds to get through

So you are allowed to travel without your parthner

chbabar87
Newly Registered

Post by chbabar87 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:31 pm

Thanks everyone for your help..really really thankful...