ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation and Passport Pilot Scheme

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Re: Applying Naturalization and Passport at same time

Post by zahmed05 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:09 pm

I called Brent few times and fortunately had a very good experience each time.

I'm submitting my application via them next week so will be sharing the experience after it.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:29 pm

tehminamazher wrote:Please can someone confirm me the digits in the tracking number provided by the NCS

I tried tracking my parcel and its not coming as its saying the enter the correct info.

My tracking number has 9 digits and the postcode I am using is L3 9JQ

To me it looks like that they have omitted one digit from the tracking number.
NCS Brent do use DX, it's a 9 digit tracking number, but I think you've got the wrong post code there. It should be L39PP.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:32 pm

fielddrive wrote:Brent is getting a lot of 'unlove' from this forum... This was my experience as well with them the caller was rude so ended up using Wandsworth way nicer and more professional to deal with.

Another possible reason is they could be very busy and they were the first to introduce NCS service in the country when it was first introduced so getting tired of being asked same questions lol

Just speculating :roll:
I guess it's all a mixed bag of experiences. I personally had a excellent experience from start to end. Both phone conversations before and after booking appointment and also the experience on the day of the appointment.

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:33 am

Thanks once again cs95tdg

I rang DX and they told me that I am using the wrong post code and gave me the correct postcode.

Again i think BRENT staff should have written the post code next to the tracking number to avoid such confusions.

Dec17

Post by Dec17 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:44 am

Hi guys I am due to apply naturalisation on 02 April ,I want to apply through the pilot scheme or combined application I got my ILR on 02/04/2015 for the English I did person exam . 1)Do I need to do the English exam again ? 2) can I book appointment with NCS on 01/04/2016 because they don't do combined application on Saturday 02/04/2016? 1 day early ! 3)home office did not return my Life in the Uk certificate but I do have the copy of it is it ok when I attend the NCS appointment ? Plz any one I am waiting for your kind advice.thank you

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by zahmed05 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:49 am

You don't need to do English Exam again.

You cannot book one day earlier. Have to be after 02/04 if they don't do Saturday.

They should have returned the original at the time of ILR. Are you sure they didn't return it?

Dec17

Post by Dec17 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:33 pm

zahmed05 wrote:You don't need to do English Exam again.

You cannot book one day earlier. Have to be after 02/04 if they don't do Saturday.

They should have returned the original at the time of ILR. Are you sure they didn't return it?
. Thanks a lot for your kind replay they don't return my original certificate (LIUK) I send them a letter to return back I only got the copy .do you know when will the naturalisation application fee increase normally every April they increase the fees !!!

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by zahmed05 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:52 pm

I believe a copy and covering letter will do as they already got the original in the file. Moderators can confirm.

I don't know the exact date but normally it's something like 5/6 April.

Why don't you use the NCS which offers weekend appointment like Wandsworth or many others in the country.

Dec17

Post by Dec17 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:05 pm

zahmed05 wrote:I believe a copy and covering letter will do as they already got the original in the file. Moderators can confirm.

I don't know the exact date but normally it's something like 5/6 April.

Why don't you use the NCS which offers weekend appointment like Wandsworth or many others in the country.
Ya I know the problem is they don't do combined application on week end I want to apply naturalisation and passport application same time any way I will give a ring to wandsworth council today. Thx

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:34 pm

cs95tdg wrote:I guess it's all a mixed bag of experiences. I personally had a excellent experience from start to end. Both phone conversations before and after booking appointment and also the experience on the day of the appointment.
it def is a mixed bag like you say you had an excellent experience yourself..

someone else i referred to in Wandsworth applied on 12th jan got approval yesterday

saleem19k

Post by saleem19k » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:37 pm

Hi Guys,
I Booked appointment in London Brent NCS to send AN application with passport application. I am really confused now heard bad reviews about Brent NCS. What you guys suggests should book another appointment in Wandsworth NCS for peace of mind. According to fielddrive staff really helpful and cooperative.

Kind regards,

Saleem

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by zahmed05 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:48 pm

Hi Saleem,

when is your appointment?

You will not get a refund from Brent so no point wasting money somewhere else.

Many ppl had good experiences as well :)

saleem19k

Post by saleem19k » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:55 pm

Hi Zahmed05,
Next month : I know about refund policy but want to book another appointment for peace of mind.

Regards,

Saleem

zahmed05 wrote:Hi Saleem,

when is your appointment?

You will not get a refund from Brent so no point wasting money somewhere else.

Many ppl had good experiences as well :)

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by zahmed05 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:04 pm

I'm going there next week :P

I'll share my experience. I would suggest waiting until that time.

on top of that NCS will only dispatch application and they are done.

As long as your case is straight forward, NCS won't make much of difference.

ra_ahul
Newly Registered

Post by ra_ahul » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:06 pm

[quote="saleem19k"]Hi Guys,
I Booked appointment in London Brent NCS to send AN application with passport application. I am really confused now heard bad reviews about Brent NCS. What you guys suggests should book another appointment in Wandsworth NCS for peace of mind. According to fielddrive staff really helpful and cooperative.

Kind regards,

Saleem[/quote]

Hi Saleem,

No issue with Brent NCS, I had my MN1 appointment last week and overall it was a good experience and helpful staff as they did thorough check on my application and explained well all the steps and timelines.

Good luck.

hadi2012

Post by hadi2012 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:27 pm

fielddrive wrote:
cs95tdg wrote:I guess it's all a mixed bag of experiences. I personally had a excellent experience from start to end. Both phone conversations before and after booking appointment and also the experience on the day of the appointment.
it def is a mixed bag like you say you had an excellent experience yourself..

someone else i referred to in Wandsworth applied on 12th jan got approval yesterday
Hi field drive can you tell me his biometric given date . I already applied on 04/02/16 .and fee taken 16/02/16. I am waiting for biometric .

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:09 pm

One more bad review from Brent Council.

I advised my friend to use Brent NCS and his appointmnet was today.

On his return he told me his bad experience
He paid naturalization fee over the phone and apoointment was booked at 13:30, he reached at 13:00
There was no one except him in the waiting area and the time passed at 13:45 he went to the reception to inquire whats happening and unfortunately the same advisor who served us came out and asked him to follow him.

To cut the long story short after finishing his naturalization aplication when it came to passport application, advisor said you have not paid for the passport checking and I cant check it , he requested to take the payment now but she simply refused.

My poor friend came back by submitting his naturatilization application.

He rated Brent NCS 0/5 as he has wasted approx 5 hrs going and coming back , paid £15 parking and if his naturalization application is successful , to ppaly for passport he has to attend the interview simplly due to arrogant advisors at Brent NCS

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:23 pm

Sorry to hear about your friends bad experience. When you say he paid the naturalisation fee over the phone, I presume you mean the NCS fee. One point to note is that unless you make a booking for both NCS + Passport, they will not normally allow you to submit your passport application at the same time. So make sure you book and pay for both beforehand to avoid that dissapointment as its the procedure they follow at Brent.
Last edited by cs95tdg on Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:27 pm

cs95tdg you are right but there are posts on the forum where some applicants have paid Passport checking fee over the counter ( other councils) as as he was of the view that he will pay when he will go there.

Anyways he cant do anything now?

We can just wish him BEST of LUCK in his naturalization application :)

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:33 pm

Ok, so that at least was just a misunderstanding on his part. Either way sorry about his dissapointment. As you say nothing can be done for him now, but wish him well.

My comment was for anyone else planning to apply in the future. Do not assume that the procedure at one council will be exactly the same at others.

narsii

Post by narsii » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:16 pm

I don't say that NCS team @Brent were rude , but definitely they are not helpful ,when ever I tried to contact them .

Not all councils charge for passport application while booking . Eg Kent Charges the extra 10£ while you are booking and Wandsworth takes payments for passport application at the time of appointment .
NCS teams at kent and Wandsworth were really helpful and they very patiently and politely answered all my questions when I contacted over phone . I booked the appointment for AN application only , but when I called the Council , They told me " If you want to apply for passport also , you an pay the free On the day of appointment " which I did.

Now every one knows about Brent .

Regards ,
Narsii

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:02 pm

Before I booked mine, I called quite a few councils to check up on the pilot prog.From my own memory, Kent advisor went out of her way to help me and told me everything there was to know about the pilot programme.

Wandsworth wasn't offering this service at the time but I had already booked with them (before knowing about the pilot scheme) so when I checked with them, they told me they will start this from 3-4th week in November and sent out instructions for the joint scheme via post.

Brent call wasn't my nicest experience so if you want I suggest try Kent or Wandsworth. Some have had good experiences at Brent and some not so good...

umg04
Newly Registered

Post by umg04 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:35 pm

Hi All,

I also applied through NCS Barnet and must say wasnt the best experience for me as well.

I got question for every who applied for combined application but in particular to guys who applied in January 2016.

I applied on 20th Jan n got money deducted for AN application on 04th Jan n done my Bio on 08th Jan but still no money has been deducted for Passport.

Looking at all previous post m seeing normally either its on same date n in some case after couple of days money going off for AN they take money out for passport Application but in my case still no money gone out for Passport, should I be worrying or do we know any other example of this kind , please?

umg04
Newly Registered

Post by umg04 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:37 pm

Correction *****

You may have guessed it already but just to be clear , Money taken for AN and Bio was done in Feb.

srivisaN

Post by srivisaN » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:32 am

Hi,

I have done my Naturalization + Passport application through Southwark (Tooly Street Office) yesterday 18th Feb.

I was told by customer serivce that they will take application fee over the counter at the office, but came to know that it is not the case, I filled payment forms. Clearly many people at the council don't know exact process. I paid NCS booking fee of £20 initially when I booked (over phone) and (£43 (Naturalization) + 10 (passport)) over the phone after the appointment yesterday.

It was a quick 20 mins process for me, they took below documents and made below corrections in my AN form. The only downside was Tooly Street office is not the main office and my application need to be carried back to Pekham office and they will handover it to Royal mail, so need to wait 1 more day before I start tracking the delivery.

Documents: (they didn't encouraged me to send any more documents)
AN Form
Passport application Form
Payment Forms
Photos
Life in UK Test
BRP, Passports

AN Form Correction: (not sure how tricky this correction will be)
6.7 BRP enclosed? "Yes" go to 6.11 "No"
I selected "Yes" initially, but the lady at NCS stricked it off and selected "No" and made me write "Applied through NCS". And even then she asked me to goto 6.11 and select "No" to confirm that I will return BRP in 5 days.

Thanks,
Sri.