ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pls sign my petttion to stop rise immigration fee

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

makeitlast1987
Newly Registered

Pls sign my petttion to stop rise immigration fee

Post by makeitlast1987 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:38 pm

I’ve made a petition – will you sign it?

Click this link to sign the petition:
https://petition.parliament.uk/petition ... gnodZVchdl

My petition:

Proposed changes to rise immigration fees by 25% in 2016-17 is "discriminatory"

Last month government has proposed changes for 2016-17 to rise immigration fee by 25% for settlement and nationality applications while on the other hand only 2% increase for visit, study and work visas which is not only unfair but total discrimination with peoples who made contributions

Click this link to sign the petition:
https://petition.parliament.uk/petition ... gnodZVchdl

imi121
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Pls sign my petttion to stop rise immigration fee

Post by imi121 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:26 pm

Hi All,
I have already signed and i encourage every one here to sign this petition, everyone of us has either gone through this process or will soon be coming to this end. Imagine if this rise continues then fee may reach to around £3200 per person and can go beyond this.
This is pure discrimination to the people who have lived in this country for either 5/10 years lawfully paid all or their taxes and in some cases made huge contributions in different sectors of UK life.
Since this is a non-EU issue they are doing whatever they want to, we appreciate that there is pressure on the economy however why they have legal immigrants to put all the burden. Please sign this petition, this at least needs 5 signatures before this can become alive and then we can share it on social media and other forums to get the right number of signatures or atleast make it significant numbers so we can talk to the concerned institutes.
I think we must approach our local MPs as well as all the MPs whose parents were immigrants to raise this concern in the parliament.

harshitguptaiitr
India

Re: Pls sign my petttion to stop rise immigration fee

Post by harshitguptaiitr » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:28 pm

There is no point in having multiple petitions.

There is one petition from another member on this forum and it has 106 signatures.

You can view it at

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/119025

I suggest you should promote this existing petition.
Please DO NOT send me a Private Message for immigration advice.

My responses are not a substitute for professional legal advice. My response does not create an attorney-client relationship, nor is it a solicitation to offer legal advice.