ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa appointments - British Embassy Albania

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SuzMcFluz
Newly Registered

Visa appointments - British Embassy Albania

Post by SuzMcFluz » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:38 am

Hi

I am currently in Albania with my husband (we got married last Friday) and have completed an on-line application form for his settlement visa, there were technical issues on the website but it said it was okay to conitue with the form. We completed the application with no problems and have a reference number but are unable to book at appointment on-line, we have tried a number of times. We have been to the embassy in Tirane and they just say we have to keep trying on-line.

We are hearing that appointments have been suspended until the new year, has anyone else experienced this or knows whats going on?

Thank you

Suzanne

jacquelineg
Newly Registered

Post by jacquelineg » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:15 am

Hi Suzanne

Not sure what's happening with the on line applications. We had problems also.

Congratulations on your wedding. I also got married in Albania last Monday (Koplik in the north). Where did you marry?

I applied on line before I went over and given a date for handing in documents for 17th Jan. When I viewed to see if there were any earlier dates a couple of days later, it stated the orignal date and time was no longer available. I emailed to find our what was going on and luckily for us it was brought forward to 6th December while I was still there, stating they had a cancellation. So it proves they do make errors. When we went I took all proof of both dates and the man at the counter said they do not have cancellations just additions (I could see a list of approx. 10) so it's worth looking into and pushing your case.

Good luck. I know how frustating it is as we also tried to speak to the Embassy in Tirana and it is useless. The lady on switchboard said could not help on visa queries and visa section do not take phone calls. At the end of the day, sometimes you just want to speak to a person instead of a computer.

Wishing you all the best.

Jacque x

SuzMcFluz
Newly Registered

Post by SuzMcFluz » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:26 pm

Hi Jacque

Thanks for your reply and congratulations to you.

We got married in Bathore (20 minutes from Tirane). I tried to apply before I left the UK but the application form has changed and you are not able to put in a married date in the future only the date you are completing the form or before!

We will keep trying on-line. If we have no luck in the next couple of days I am thinking of completing the application form again to see if that makes any difference, do you think it will be a problem if we have completed two forms?

What date is your interview?

Thanks again.

Suzanne x