ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Expat_in_UK
Newly Registered

Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General

Post by Expat_in_UK » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:15 pm

Hi all -

I've done my research and I think I understand everything but just would like a 2nd (or 3rd) opinion. I know this is a common topic but can't find specific answers - apologies for repeating!

Background:
Tier 2 ICT Long Term admitted before April 2011 (so just over 5+ years now)
Renewed several times, currently renewed until 2019

I understand my T2 ICT can be renewed indefinitely as long as I stay with the same employer and my role doesn't need to go thru any external market, etc, testing. (If anyone disagrees please shout)

Questions:
1. If I switch to T2 General, it must be with a new employer. But most of my confusion is around, since I'm already >5 years in the UK, would I effectively then hit the new 5 year T2 General cap?? I've read differing opinions of this.
2. Will the new role with the new company need to go thru UK market testing, etc, under such a switch?

Anything else anyone thinks I should be aware of is much appreciated.

Cheers
CMB

anivijay
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General

Post by anivijay » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:52 pm

Sorry, I can't answer for questions you have asked.

But, there is another option you can try. Stay in ICT and get your visa extended for 2 more years until 2021. You will be eligible for ILR in the 10 year route.

Regards

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:03 am

anivijay wrote:Sorry, I can't answer for questions you have asked.

But, there is another option you can try. Stay in ICT and get your visa extended for 2 more years until 2021. You will be eligible for ILR in the 10 year route.
if 10 year route stays till 2021
Regards
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:31 am

There are currently no plans or any indication that the 10 year route with legal status in the UK will be changed/discontinued.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.