ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Benefits affects on FLR (FP) and SET (LR)

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sabuj263
United Kingdom

Benefits affects on FLR (FP) and SET (LR)

Post by sabuj263 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:43 am

Hello,
I have granted ILR in June 2015 under Set (LR). My wife is still on tier 1 entrepreneurs dependent visa will be expired on April 2017 by then she will be spent 7 years and 8 months in UK. I have 2 children born in uk and recently applied for naturalisation. I am claiming Child Benefits on my name.
My question are
1. Can I claim child tax credit and housing benefits in my name?
2. Does these benefits affect my wife visa in future as she will complete her 10 yrs in August 2019?
3. As my wife is still on teir 1 dependant visa I have to apply FLR (FP) as I can't meet the financial requirement of 18600. Can The child tax credit and housing benefit will affect on my wife FLR (FP) application?

Please reply as this will be great help as I am going through financial hardship. Thank you
Many Regards

silentsmile
United Kingdom

Re: Benefits affects on FLR (FP) and SET (LR)

Post by silentsmile » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:17 am

Hello sabuj

Child benefit on your name only
Wtc and ctc on joint name

References of your housing benefit please read my thread which is down below on link.

Please read my thread you and me are in same boat my wife applied flr fp but refused so kids applied for mn1 but stil waiting for outcome. As far as know experts on forum said to me yes i can apply as single person and 2 kids so i am in process

Experts said that's wife will not include in housing benefits so no need to wory about that.

And yes you can apply working tax credit or child tax credit òn joint name( u and ur wife)

Phone hmrc and tell them you are living with your wife married and 2 kids they will send forms by post. These forms will give section to fill one on your name and one on your wife and your singed at the last page ! That's it

I am on set lr and wife on flr fo so you are exactly on same.

If you are in low in come you should get good package .

You need to check on website that you are eligible and how much you will get. I am also paying council tax and i want to get rid of this because i can't afford. I haven't applied yet

Here is my thread link

http://www.immigrationboards.com/claimi ... 03376.html

You can checl you are eligible or not go in my thread and click the link which is sent by experts.

All the best bro

sabuj263
United Kingdom

Re: Benefits affects on FLR (FP) and SET (LR)

Post by sabuj263 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:51 am

Thank you for your reply. I have go through with your thread. I will be applying FLR (FP) early next year. She is on Tier 1 Enterprenour Dependent right now. With this status she can not go out of the country. If I claim, will benefit affect on to apply FLR (FP)? Many thanks.
Many Regards