ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Company Name Changing

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raghu.raju457

Company Name Changing

Post by raghu.raju457 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:53 am

Hi Moderators & Experts

Thanks for all your support, I have got my tier 2 visa and came to England Back

Need your help & advise again please. The company which has sponsored me has now decided to acquire another company and thinking to change the company name. Does this will affect any thing to me or do I or my company need to update this to Home office.

Please suggest me to do, your help is much required

Thanks

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Re: Company Name Changing

Post by VirtualWaver » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:47 pm

Yes, they need to inform Home Office about this within 10 days and they might also require to register again as Tier 2 Sponsors. My company had the same and we went through all this headache. Make sure you speak with your HR about this.

raghu.raju457

Post by raghu.raju457 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:49 pm

Hi VirtualWaver

Thanks for your reply. Company has not changed name yet they are going to change from November 1st
You said "require to register again as Tier 2 Sponsors" this means do they need to do all the process and pay for license registration?

Can you please share the detail information that will be great

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:02 pm

raghu.raju457 wrote:Hi VirtualWaver

Thanks for your reply. Company has not changed name yet they are going to change from November 1st
You said "require to register again as Tier 2 Sponsors" this means do they need to do all the process and pay for license registration?

It depends really. You should read the Sponsorship guidance for employers on the UKVI website. Your employer may be able to retain their original license in some circumstances. In any case they will need to inform the UKVI about the change in circumstances. I guess this is something for your company HR to look at, not you but i do understand your apprehensions.

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by VirtualWaver » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:45 pm

Hi mate,

Gag285 is right about this. It all depends on your company's specific circumstances and your HR needs to deal with this. In my case my HR informed them in advance before changing the name and they advised that my company needs to apply for a fresh tier 2 sponsor license within 14 days. I however didn't require to apply for a fresh visa.

So I would say ask your HR to contact their support desk.

raghu.raju457

Post by raghu.raju457 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:02 pm

VirtualWaver wrote:

Hi mate,

Gag285 is right about this. It all depends on your company's specific circumstances and your HR needs to deal with this. In my case my HR informed them in advance before changing the name and they advised that my company needs to apply for a fresh tier 2 sponsor license within 14 days. I however didn't require to apply for a fresh visa.

So I would say ask your HR to contact their support desk.
Thank you very much for information. I will speak to my HR and will ask her to ring customer desk

raghu.raju457

Post by raghu.raju457 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:34 pm

Hi VirtualWaver or Gag285

I have explained to my HR and she changed the company name and declared the reason for change as merger and when submit it come up with a sheet to fill asking to submit the evidence of the document with in 10 working day. while this is under process can I apply my dependents visa where spouse holding t2g visa with curtailment due in 30 days.

VitualWaver as you already been this process can you please tell me how long this process will take and what will it cost

Please some one give me an advise or information

Thanks in advance

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by VirtualWaver » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:54 pm

HI mate,

This is exactly what happened in my case too: my company had 2 daughter companies and they decided to merge into one single company and also change the name. Like in your case, my HR did notify this change via SMS a month before the change took place and Home Office workers advised her to send some paperwork confirming this within 10 working days. I don't know what paperwork she sent.

Once she sent the paperwork they analyzed it and advised that our company has to apply for a new Tier 2 Sponsorship as it is not the same company anymore. They advised this should be completed within 28 days. My HR applied for a new sponsorship license but they refused it for some reason. She applied again then but got another refusal. When she applied the 3rd time she did that on 27th day and we got a visit from Home Office on the very next day. They spent a few hours with her checking all the paperwork (they didn't see me as the branch I work in is located in another city) and advised after that all is good. We got the license approval letter on the same day.

You can imagine how nervous I was, especially when I got my Tier 2 visa just 2 months before that stupid company change happened and I also was the only sponsored migrant in our company. But all was ok for me and still looks good (fingers crossed).

However, your case might be different as Home Office makes that decisions based on specific case and documentations. In my case it took 28 days for my HR to get everything but they refused us 2 times, so I can guess they can do it in a week or so if everything will be ok with your company's paperwork. I don't know how much my company spent on that.

I will strongly advise you to ask the HR to read all the guidance carefully before applying so that they could send all the required paperwork and avoid refusal.

I am not an expert, but I personally think that it would be great for you to wait for this to be sorted and then apply for your spouse. You still have 30 days for your spouse, so if you see that this sponsorship process takes longer you can use same day premium service and get the answer straight away.

If they refuse your company for some reason and your HR decide to apply again then Home Office officers might visit your office like they did in my case.

Hope this helps. Wish you a luck with this mate, I know how it feels!

raghu.raju457

Travelling while company name change in process

Post by raghu.raju457 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:14 pm

Hi Expert members

Need your expert advise please

Recently switched to Tier 2 G from Tier 2 Dependent, Now my sponsor has changed Company name due to Business Incorporation (Merging sisters companies), this change has already notified to home office on Nov 1st but nothing has heard back from the Home office yet, while this is under process due to my HR (who is level 1 use and Authorising officer) left the business without assigning any other Authorising Officer

Now I am Travelling to Home country for a visit, due to these changes to business does it effect anything to my visa or I am I still ok to travel.

New HR will be Joining in Mid of Jan so do I need to wait until She join the Business and request for SMS login and get an update on the name change

Your advise is much appreciate

Thanks

raghu.raju457

Post by raghu.raju457 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:05 pm

Hi Experts

Need advise on my previous post which is till on going
raghu.raju457 wrote:Hi Moderators & Experts

Thanks for all your support, I have got my tier 2 visa and came to England Back

Need your help & advise again please. The company which has sponsored me has now decided to acquire another company and thinking to change the company name. Does this will affect any thing to me or do I or my company need to update this to Home office.

Please suggest me to do, your help is much required

Thanks
going

On the above I had another issue as My HR left without notifying and no sponsor login details, New HR has recently joined and I have explained everything, so she applied for Sponsor login details change and a form was sent 10 days ago. My Junior HR rang the home office yesterday to get an update and the Home office told that they have received the change of login details form and acknowledged the change, they also said they sent an email to my old HR about an update on Company name change on some point January (New HR change was informed 10 days ago as soon as she joined)but the email was bounced back. They have not told what was the subject of the email and not given any update. I am a bit concerned now what would be the email, can someone please advise if they have gone through similar situation or information on above will give some relief

Thank you very much for your advise and support

raghu.raju457

Post by raghu.raju457 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:07 am

Hi All

Can someone shed some light on the above

And also if any one has gone through Authorising official change can let me know how long does it took to update

Thank you all

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Post by ravisb_2014 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:36 am

I am not an expert, but following are my advise.
Regarding changed of Company Name, your employer has to inform HO using SMS within 10 days (i think), but refer Tier 2 guidelines for details.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... dendum.pdf

About getting the login credential changed, keep chasing HO to get an update asap.

namalik
Newly Registered

Post by namalik » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:41 am

Hi All,

I checked every single word and it doesn't say you have to inform HO within 10 days. (I know its better to Inform ASAP) does anyone know timescale for this? , we changed out Company head office and we informed them within 28 days. Request still pending and we sent documentation already.

raghu.raju457

Post by raghu.raju457 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:59 am

Hi Ravi

Thanks for your reply, we have informed name change before couple of days of the change any way, but it's been months now.

Only concern here is they already emailed to my previous HR unfortunately she already left the business.

As I told previously we have submitted circumstances change form to acquire new login details. But worried how long will it take as we previously received email "do not know the content or subject of email"

I am worried will they send email to ask more documents after months or is it a bad news touch wood. But or Old company name still showing in the sponsor registered list

Thanks

cnimbalkar
Newly Registered

Post by cnimbalkar » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:40 am

raghu.raju457 wrote:Hi Ravi

Thanks for your reply, we have informed name change before couple of days of the change any way, but it's been months now.

Only concern here is they already emailed to my previous HR unfortunately she already left the business.

As I told previously we have submitted circumstances change form to acquire new login details. But worried how long will it take as we previously received email "do not know the content or subject of email"

I am worried will they send email to ask more documents after months or is it a bad news touch wood. But or Old company name still showing in the sponsor registered list

Thanks

Hi Raghu,

Hope you had a positive response from UKBA. I am in a same situation as you are . The company has changed their name as part of rebranding and have updated it in SMS along with necessary documents been sent to UKBA. Its been a month and there has been no communication from UKBA neither has there been a update in sponsor list. It still shows the Old name. Can you or someone guide me with the time taken for it to be updated / if there are any issue how soon we may get to know.