ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query About Why Children Are Not Included In FLR's Applicati

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kolaxy

Query About Why Children Are Not Included In FLR's Applicati

Post by kolaxy » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:41 pm

Good day 'forumites' and wonderful moderators. My spouse received a letter from home office today asking why our two kids are not included in her FLR(M) application as they're neither settled nor British citizenship.
They also asked us to send a document each either from their school or GP or Health visitor.

The reason why I didn't include their application was because as I'm settled, I intend to send their application to register as British Citizens next month when their Birth certs(the part that contains parent's names) come back as we sent it with their mum's application.

Now we intend to reply home office but in addition to the docs required, we plan to apply for their British citizenship registration and include the acknowledgments and receipts. but I don't know if we can apply for MN1 with just the original copies of birth certificates(the one without pparents names)?
We have the copy of the other ones. Can we include a note that the originals are with home office? Help pls

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Query About Why Children Are Not Included In FLR's Appli

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:52 pm

If your children are UK born, order certified copies of their birth certificates from the http://www.gro.gov.uk website. They do a quick turnaround if you pay a bit extra but standard waiting time is around 7-10 days.

Write to HO and advise them that you will be registering them as British.

Do you meet the financial requirement of £24800?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kolaxy

Post by kolaxy » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:57 pm

Thanks a million CR001. You're a star. Sorry for the late response. Thanks for that site. I'll do as you've suggested 100% and, we met the £24,800 financial requirements.

Thanks once again. I'll keep the forum update. Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:56 pm

Also make sure when you write to HO that you say you are registering them under Section 1(3) of the Nationality Act.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kolaxy

Post by kolaxy » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:49 pm

Thanks CR001, I wasn't thinking of adding that. I can't thank you enough for your advice. Thank you so much. Respect.

kolaxy

Post by kolaxy » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:34 pm

Thanks CR001. My wife's FLR(M) has been granted just within two days of sending the additional docs. God bless you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:34 pm

Congratulations, very happy all went well and visa granted. Thank you for updating us.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

kolaxy

Post by kolaxy » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:25 pm

Thanks ever so much CR001. I've updated my spouse's FLR(M) Timeline. Next target is Children's Registration as British Citizens.Cheers.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:44 pm

Am really pleased for you.

Good luck with the MN1 applications and post any questions you might have in the 'British Citizenship' forum a bit further down the main page of the board.

Remember that fees are increasing in April and I would suggest you use NCS to submit their applications so that you get to keep all your original documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

kolaxy

Post by kolaxy » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:14 pm

Thanks, really appreciate.I'll send their applications next month by God's Grace and I'll use the NCS most certainly. Thank you so much.

Pls I have a quick question if you don't mind. Is it possible to apply for ILR on 10years basis with FLR(M) Visa. For instance, if one's spouse switched to FLR(M) after 9years in the UK, can she apply for ILR when she's spent 10years in the UK or does she have to spend all the extra 5years under FLR(M)?

Sorry if I'm asking for too much. Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:25 pm

kolaxy wrote:Pls I have a quick question if you don't mind. Is it possible to apply for ILR on 10years basis with FLR(M) Visa. For instance, if one's spouse switched to FLR(M) after 9years in the UK, can she apply for ILR when she's spent 10years in the UK or does she have to spend all the extra 5years under FLR(M)?

Sorry if I'm asking for too much. Thanks.
Yes, any combination of valid leave to remain counts for 10 years long residence provided she meets all of the requirements and the qualifying period is calculated from the date she entered the UK the first time. She does not have to wait 5 years on FLR(M) alone.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

kolaxy

Post by kolaxy » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:49 pm

Wowwwwwww!!!! Really? This is two good news in a day. Wow! Thank you so so so much CR001. It means she can apply next year. My wifey will be over the moon for this good news. You've been very helpful CR001. May God bless you sooooo much. That's it. No more questions.Cheers.
Last edited by kolaxy on Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:52 pm

kolaxy wrote:Wowwwwwwwweee!!!! Really? This is two good news in a day. Wow! Thank you so so so much CR001. It means she can apply next year. My wifey will be over the moon for this good news. You've been very helpful CR001. May God bless you sooooo much. That's it. No more questions.Cheers.
You are very welcome and happy to answer any other further questions you might have.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

kolaxy

Post by kolaxy » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:55 pm

Cheers CR001. Thanks for your time.