ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation enquires

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

david1955
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Naturalisation enquires

Post by david1955 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:18 pm

Hi Everyone,

I hope someone can help me with this enquiries.

My wife has been in uk since june 2012. Me and my wife were granted ILR on nov 2014.

I have received approval from home office for my british citizenship today , so i will be booking my ceremony soonly.

My enquiries are :

(1) will my wife would be able to make naturalisation application as soon as i receive the ceremony certificate or does she has to wait until i receive my British passport.

(2) During ILR, to satisfy the english requirement , my wife gave IELTS test. However now her IELTS certificate has expired. So to satisfy the english requiremnet ,can my wife choose the option " I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013 "

or is she required to give the english test again coz of the SELT requirement and expiry of her IELTS certificate.

Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation enquires

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:24 pm

1. Yes, as soon as you attend ceremony and receive your certificate she can apply provided she meets all the requirements for 3 year residence applications.

2. Yes, it seems to be fine to select that.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

david1955
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalisation enquires

Post by david1955 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:57 pm

CR001 wrote:1. Yes, as soon as you attend ceremony and receive your certificate she can apply provided she meets all the requirements for 3 year residence applications.

2. Yes, it seems to be fine to select that.
Thanks for your reply