ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC timelines when applied within UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

crowbar6
Member of Standing

EC timelines when applied within UK

Post by crowbar6 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:49 pm

Folks,

I am currently in the UK on a work permit and received my HSMP approval last month. I submitted my EC application form, passport & usual documents yesterday (10th December) and Royal Mail has confirmed that they have been delivered on this date.

Can someone please give me an idea of tentative timelines for EC from within the UK, and when I can expect my passport back? I have to plan a business trip early Jan 2008 so would be good to get my passport back by then.

Regards,
crowbar6

gorajim

Post by gorajim » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:01 pm

Hi,

Guess you should start using the right terminology. EC stands for Entry Clearance and is applicable when you are outside the UK and wish to gain entry.

If you are within the UK, you apply using the form FLR (HSMP) and the timelines for this is anytime between 2 to 14 weeks. There is no clearcut guideline about how long an application should take. It depends on how well you convince the HO that you can be granted FLR based on your HSMP.

What you can be 'normally' assured of is you will receive a reference number within a day or two of your payment clearance. You can then use it to track your application.

Even after you convince HO, there is still the matter of fate / luck / destiny / fortitude / etc.,- whatever you call it - that your application is processed faster / slower than say another application of the same date.

Cheers.

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:47 pm

Thanks, but would like to hear from someone who had applied for HSMP FLR recently, from within the UK, and share the timelines involved.

Regards,
crowbar6