ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa in UK for Stamp 4 Holders

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MalinaQ
Newly Registered

Visa in UK for Stamp 4 Holders

Post by MalinaQ » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:54 am

Lads, who knows something about how to receive visa in UK for Stamp 4 holders (spouse of Irish citizen)? How much will it cost? I tried to find info but I found nothing about this.

zafarzafar80

Post by zafarzafar80 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:57 pm

as a spouse of Irish citizen u can get a 6 months entry clearance visa without any cost. but if u want a visit visa for a longer period u can apply for 6 months upto 10 years but u have to pay the visa fees.
the benefit of 6 months entry clearance visa on the bases of ur irish spouse is that u can get NI number in the UK, u can get bank account and u can apply to home office for the spouse visa with the intention to live there.
hope it helps.

MalinaQ
Newly Registered

Post by MalinaQ » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:11 pm

zafarzafar80 , thank you very much! :)

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:28 pm

zafarzafar80 wrote:as a spouse of Irish citizen u can get a 6 months entry clearance visa without any cost. but if u want a visit visa for a longer period u can apply for 6 months upto 10 years but u have to pay the visa fees.
Certainly, one can apply for a longer term entry visa but that doesn't mean that it will be granted esp. when applying first time. The 'entry clearance' is called EEA family permit. (Note, a visa is also an entrance clearance).
zafarzafar80 wrote:the benefit of 6 months entry clearance visa on the bases of ur irish spouse is that u can get NI number in the UK, u can get bank account and u can apply to home office for the spouse visa with the intention to live there.
No. A spouse visa can not be applied for on the basis of an EEA family permit. What you mean is an EEA residence card in this context.

MalinaQ
Newly Registered

Post by MalinaQ » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:25 pm

86ti, that means , I should apply for touristic visa and pay for that?

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:35 am

If you travel together or you follow your spouse at a later date then you can choose the EEA FP (Alternatively you may even skip that and rely on the fact that UK border forces do not check documents on arrivals from ROI. Your entry would still be legal because you are the family of an Irish citizen entering the UK together. I cannot really comment on that but some people here claim that that should work). If you need/wish to travel alone you will have to pay for a visit visa.

MalinaQ
Newly Registered

Post by MalinaQ » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:43 pm

86ti wrote:If you travel together or you follow your spouse at a later date then you can choose the EEA FP (Alternatively you may even skip that and rely on the fact that UK border forces do not check documents on arrivals from ROI. Your entry would still be legal because you are the family of an Irish citizen entering the UK together. I cannot really comment on that but some people here claim that that should work). If you need/wish to travel alone you will have to pay for a visit visa.
86ti, Thank you!

lkpone

Re: Visa in UK for Stamp 4 Holders

Post by lkpone » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:45 pm

MalinaQ wrote:Lads, who knows something about how to receive visa in UK for Stamp 4 holders (spouse of Irish citizen)? How much will it cost? I tried to find info but I found nothing about this.
What passport are you travelling on? Just be careful if you're still on a passport which is subject to entry clearance before arrival. For example, South African passport holders would need an entry clearance visa before arriving in the UK, whether they're married to an Irish citizen or not (and even though there is no immigration control between Ireland the UK when you arrive here!).

Lindsay :wink:

lkpone

Post by lkpone » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:56 pm

86ti wrote:Your entry would still be legal because you are the family of an Irish citizen entering the UK together.
This isn't true unfortunately, unless you are on a passport which isn't subject to entry clearance to the UK. My friend (SA passport) travelled here for my wedding reception with her Irish hubby and had to apply and pay for entry clearance visa before coming, which was bizarre, since there is no immigration control!

The airline won't let you on the plane if you haven't got this stamp - although technically, it should work not having one, since they don't even look at your passport! It's Ireland side you'd be stopped, not UK side.

acme4242

Post by acme4242 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:09 pm

lkpone wrote:
86ti wrote:Your entry would still be legal because you are the family of an Irish citizen entering the UK together.
This isn't true unfortunately, unless you are on a passport which isn't subject to entry clearance to the UK. My friend (SA passport) travelled here for my wedding reception with her Irish hubby and had to apply and pay for entry clearance visa before coming, which was bizarre, since there is no immigration control!

The airline won't let you on the plane if you haven't got this stamp - although technically, it should work not having one, since they don't even look at your passport! It's Ireland side you'd be stopped, not UK side.
86ti is technically correct,
see
http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... dlaw/ecis/

Chapter 3

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... iew=Binary

Before an Immigration Officer refuses admission to a non-EEA national under
Regulation 11(2) because s/he does not produce an EEA family permit, the IO must
give the non-EEA national reasonable opportunity to provide by other means proof
that he/she is a family member of an EEA national with a right to accompany that
national or join him/her in the UK.
But as you point out, the airline usually don't follow the laws and
immigration rules and will refuse you boarding, if you don't have
the EEA family permit already in your passport.

------------------------------------------------------
http://acme.posterous.com/if-no-eea-british-visa

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:22 pm

lkpone wrote:
Well, the experience of your friend does not mean that what I have said is no true. I suggest reading Article 5(4) of Directive 2004/38/EC. As acme4242 pointed out UK border guards are advised to comply with this regulation. It is unclear to me why your friend paid for a visitor visa although she could have had a EEA FP (see answer above). There is no immigration control on the UK side because the UK takes the CTA still seriously. The CTA applies only to citizens of the UK and ROI.

lkpone

Post by lkpone » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:31 pm

As I mentioned though, this would only be a problem if you hold a passport which is subject to entry clearance.

As already said, TECHNICALLY, this is true, however, in practice, most people have problems, if not all of them.

To each their own! But be prepared to have arguments with the airline, I was only giving some advice! :)

MalinaQ
Newly Registered

Post by MalinaQ » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:50 pm

thanks everyone for advice. To tell the truth all that questions about visa are so strange because I asked a lot of people, who have ukrainian (i am from ukraine) passports and stamp 4 an they all tell me different answers. I decided to do as it written on UK embassy site - to apply for visa of irish citizen's spouse (thanks God it' free of charge). Hope I'd have no problems

habib_ali
Newly Registered

Post by habib_ali » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:22 pm

hello, who knows something about how to receive visa in Ireland for Stamp 4 holders (spouse of british citizen)? How much will it cost? I tried to find info but I found nothing about this

lguimaraes
Brazil

Post by lguimaraes » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:16 pm

I have Stamp 4 EUFam in Ireland and my partner moved with his work to work in London. I basically had to start a whole new application in London from the zero (that how it works). I applied in August of 2015 for an extended family permit, submitted a pile of documents as an evidence of relationship, also my residence card from Ireland plus INIS letter, and still waiting for a reply from UK Home Office, what can take at least 6 months. I didn't get any temporary work permit because we are not married. If you are married you get a temporary work permit of 6 months until your case is investigated and decided.

habib_ali wrote:hello, who knows something about how to receive visa in Ireland for Stamp 4 holders (spouse of british citizen)? How much will it cost? I tried to find info but I found nothing about this

habib_ali
Newly Registered

Post by habib_ali » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:16 am

[quote="lguimaraes"]I have Stamp 4 EUFam in Ireland and my partner moved with his work to work in London. I basically had to start a whole new application in London from the zero (that how it works). I applied in August of 2015 for an extended family permit, submitted a pile of documents as an evidence of relationship, also my residence card from Ireland plus INIS letter, and still waiting for a reply from UK Home Office, what can take at least 6 months. I didn't get any temporary work permit because we are not married. If you are married you get a temporary work permit of 6 months until your case is investigated and decided.

what visa did you apply for an extend family permit or an uk residency visa? as i am married and my spouse is British citizen can i apply for an UK residence visa or do i still have to get an family permit? thanks

lguimaraes
Brazil

Post by lguimaraes » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:06 pm

habib_ali wrote:
what visa did you apply for an extend family permit or an uk residency visa? as i am married and my spouse is British citizen can i apply for an UK residence visa or do i still have to get an family permit? thanks
Hi you have to apply for the visa EEA-FM family member
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _07_15.pdf

When you apply and collect your biometrics, you will receive a 6 months COA with right to work, and wait about 6 months until they decide and check the backgrounds of your relationship. When approved you will recive you RC - Residence Card.

Good Luck

Akii
Newly Registered

Post by Akii » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:21 am

hi i have get recently stamp 4 visa 6 month visa my wife is british can i appy uk permanent residence on my 6 month stamp 4 visa please help me?