ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Extension - CoS allocation limit

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

thirupathikallem
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General Extension - CoS allocation limit

Post by thirupathikallem » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:48 pm

Hi All,

My name is Thiru, I am currently on Tier 2 General visa and i work as Software Engineer (SOC 2136) and my visa is about to expire on 26/12/2015. My employer is a A rated Tier 2 sponsor and we had a annual limit 1 for CoS allocation.

Earlier in this month my employer created a CoS and assigned to me so i can apply for extension. However he made mistake by selecting wrong option for Shortage occupation list instead of Labor Market test. So i did not submit my application.

My employer withdrew the CoS and now we don't have CoS allocation. We requested the CoS allocation increase on 14/12/2015 and called Home Office contact center on 17/12/2015. The person on the phone said as, send an email as urgent and explain the situation along with BRP scanned copy. So we did send an email on 17/12/2015.

Nothing happened by 18/12/2015, so we called them again, the person on the phone tried to transfer the call to CoS allocation team but did not go through so she forwarded the email to the allocation team as an urgent matter and she sent us the confirmation email as well.

So i would like to ask you all what are my chances/options.

1. Do you think by 26/12/2015 they will increase CoS allocation limit?
2. If we don't get increase by 21/12/2015 12:00 should we call them until we get the limit increased?.
3. Can i submit the application without CoS number and submit the CoS with my documents?. Is it possible if so what are the chances that they don't refuse my visa application?.
4. If i don't get the allocation limit increased should i just leave the country?.
5. Lets say we didn't get the limit increased and i left the country on 26/12/2015. Subject to my employer doing the Labor market test and applying for a Restricted CoS, what are the chances of getting visa from my own country?.
6. If i get the visa from own country, will i qualify for ILR at the end my visa?.

Hope you understand my situation and please answer whatever you know.

Regards,
Thiru

thirupathikallem
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 General Extension - CoS allocation limit

Post by thirupathikallem » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:53 pm

Hi All,

Just so you know, after calling them today they said, they are doing everything they can do to increase the CoS allocation as an urgent matter and in couple of hours later they increased it.

Now we have CoS allocation limit to assign CoS to me.

Jay1012
Newly Registered

Post by Jay1012 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:40 pm

Hi Thiru,
First of all, Congratulations and all the best for your visa approval.

I am Jagan. I am in the same situation as you were in. We applied for the COS on 15/12/2015 and my visa expires on 29/12/2015. And my sponsor is kept calling them, no response yet. We did also send an email with my Visa copy. What else would you suggest us to do to get this approved? And also could you please advise me of how long does the SMS takes to assign a COS?
I am communicating every two hours with my HR. Any suggestions or help on this will be much appreciated. Many thanks.

kashramz
Newly Registered

Post by kashramz » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:44 pm

Hi Jay,

I wondered if your employer's COS limit was increased in time for you to get the visa.
I am in a similar situation. My employers sent an email to the UKVI but have not had any response.
Can you suggest something?

Thanks
Kashif

jan01283
Newly Registered

Post by jan01283 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:12 pm

Hi Kashif,

I am the same as you! We have requested on Monday 15/2 but haven't heard anything back yet.

Thanks.