ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLRM few questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

stitaprajna

FLRM few questions

Post by stitaprajna » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:09 pm

I am applying for FLR M in few weeks and need help in filling the form.

My wife is now British Citizen and my kid also is a British citizen.

1. In 'Section 4 - Dependent children' it says 'In In this section you must include any dependants that are applying with you'. Though I have a kid, he does not need any visa so he is not applying with me. Hence I am leaving this section blank. Is this fine?

2. In 'Section 7A - Financial requirement' it says '7.2 What is the financial requirement you are required to meet'. Which one of the below I should select here:
  • Applying with no child dependant
    Applying with ONE child dependant
Though we have a kid, since he is not applying and he is British, I guess I should select "Applying with no child dependant".

Thanks in advance.
Many Thanks,
Stit

Daywalkr

Re: FLRM few questions

Post by Daywalkr » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:04 pm

UK citizen is not dependent in immigration applications. Its only who need visa to come to UK.
So, You got ur answer.

stitaprajna

FLRM - On what basis did your sponsor obtain settlement

Post by stitaprajna » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:34 pm

I am applying for FLRM and need help in answering this :
3.16 On what basis did your sponsor obtain settlement in the UK?

My sponsor visa history is :
First visit mult-entry (don't know what is this called)
 Then visa post graduate professional (don't know what is this called)
 Then HSMP
 Then Tier 1
 Then ILR
 Then citizenship.

Please help me with how to answer the above question.
Many Thanks,
Stit

stitaprajna

Post by stitaprajna » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:39 pm

Daywalkr wrote:UK citizen is not dependent in immigration applications. Its only who need visa to come to UK.
So, You got ur answer.
So, I need not fill the entire Section 4?

Thanks.
Many Thanks,
Stit

stitaprajna

FLR M - 6.9 If relevant, have you lived together..

Post by stitaprajna » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:58 pm

Please help what to answer for

6.9 If relevant, have you lived together permanently in the UK with your sponsor since your last grant of limited leave to remain as a partner

Yes
No/Please provide details of any periods when you have not lived with your sponsor since your last grant of limited leave to remain and any reasons why you have not done so.

My situation is:
After marriage in my home country, we were together there and my sponsor came back to UK. I then applied for Spouse visa and joined her after few months. Then I had to go back to join work. After 3 months, I again came to uk and started working here. We have been living together in UK since then except:
- when my sponsor alone visited home country
- and then now on maternity leave for last few months.

Please help.
Many Thanks,
Stit

stitaprajna

FLRM - 6.11 - Have you ever lived with your sponsor ...

Post by stitaprajna » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:04 pm

I am applying for FLR M and need help on 6.11:

6.11 Have you ever lived with your sponsor within or outside of the UK?
Yes No If yes please provide details of when and where you previously lived
with your sponsor

My situation is, I have lived with my wife in my home country and in UK and on various dates and to provide the complete date-wise list is very complicated.
There are times we visited different countries on work and personal travel and were together or alone on various dates. To hunt these dates and put it accurately is really tedious.

Please suggest.
Many Thanks,
Stit

stitaprajna

FLRM Application form - the most complicated

Post by stitaprajna » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:09 pm

This is not a question but a comment.

I have been filling the FLR M application form and it feels like this is the most complicated, confusing, irritating application form in any category in the entire world. Is this a deliberate attempt to trouble applicants and make them sweat it out for no reason and may be to force them to approach the immigration lawyer?

I guess if others also put in their thoughts here, hopefully it will be simplified someday !! :(
Many Thanks,
Stit

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: FLRM Application form - the most complicated

Post by Casa » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:49 pm

I doubt that the HO are particularly interested in our comments on the forum. They are historically known for being inept at producing coherent application forms. The new NHS surcharge system is a prime example,
What in particular are you stuck on?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

michali
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: FLRM Application form - the most complicated

Post by michali » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:39 pm

I have been doing a practice run on the form for later this year. When I read through it, it seemed complicated but when I actually started filling it in, it was not so bad.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:15 pm

I have now merged all 5 of your separate topics. Please DO NOT start a new topic/thread with each question you have on the same application. Keep all your FLR(M) questions in one place.

See Multiple Posting (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

stitaprajna

Post by stitaprajna » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:42 pm

CR001 wrote:I have now merged all 5 of your separate topics. Please DO NOT start a new topic/thread with each question you have on the same application. Keep all your FLR(M) questions in one place.

See Multiple Posting (click)
I thought it helps the forum users if we ask each question separately as there will be focus on one question though it is convenient for me to ask in one question.
Apologies if I violated the forum guidelines, I will ask the future questions to the existing ones.
Many Thanks,
Stit

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:51 pm

No, it does not help 'the forum users' if you post each question as a new topic as you can end up with 5 threads of mostly the same questions/answers eventually. It clutters up the forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.