ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set(LR) - 3 months short plus spouse issue

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Set(LR) - 3 months short plus spouse issue

Post by haris_zam » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:35 pm

congratulations bro gameover_786
for the success.
bro could you help me with the flr fp application , its me and my wife living here she has recently joined me , the application asks about acomodation in much detail and I am confused wht i should disclose to them . .Being a student i cant afford a flat or a studio , but i live in a well sized room with her with a family, and she understands the circumstance. Do i need to provide details of how many people living and their paspost copies etc with flr fp application, and is living in a room a bad impression on the application ..

can you also tell me when u went to window , were you asked about your wifes application ans how you support her etc. bank statements ,job details..
i know it sounds irrrelevant but my friend got asked and was given 14 days to provide additional evidence requested..

i have some more questions, what are you going to do with your wifes application after u went to p.e.o.. did u vary hers to some other apllication since she doesnt qualify for ilr...??
i need to buy 100 days i want flr fp for me . i am quite satisfied with my application but my recently joined wife is putting me in much pressure, as i dont know how to go about this..

please help

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Long residence - short of a couple of months

Post by Casa » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:41 pm

If you're about to submit a FLR(FP) application for yourself, what category of visa does your wife have if she has only just joined you? FLR(FP) seems a strange application in what appears to be your circumstances.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:10 pm

Casa wrote:If you're about to submit a FLR(FP) application for yourself, what category of visa does your wife have if she has only just joined you? FLR(FP) seems a strange application in what appears to be your circumstances.

flr fp for me to drag 3 months , and dependant section will be hers in flr fp .. is there a bettrr option you know of ??

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:42 pm

You haven't said what category of visa your wife has recently joined you on.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:07 pm

my wife joined me on tier 4 depwhich is valid till 11th april

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:59 am

In which case, how has she only recently joined you here? :?
(Casa, not CR001)

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Long residence - short of a couple of months

Post by haris_zam » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:55 pm

casa mate like i mentioned we are newly married and i applied for her visa when i was in the second semester of my msc programe which was granted and she came here on the october 2015 and leave expires on april 2016.
so she will be 6 months when her and my visa expires.. so on that day i reckon id have to go for flr fp with her in the dependant section , i am not aiming for a flr fp to be granted aince we are both not eligible , I know that but that seems to be the only bet to atleast make me reach till july 17 ( 28 days before 10yrs).
which takes us back to where we started from that what would i apply for my wife when i vary MY flr fp to set LR at window...
I just work under 20 hours so i cant be switching hers to flr m as i dont make 18600.
i would like to know whats the best bed around this scenario please.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Set(LR) - 3 months short plus spouse issue

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:32 pm

Does she work?

You really are taking risk and assuming that you won't be refused outright as HO is aware of migrants using willy nilly applications on FLR(FP) to 'buy extra time' because they no longer qualify for extension or other visas.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:36 pm

I assume that as your wife was only issued a 6 month visa that this was due to the remaining term on your student visa? It would be unwise to apply in person. The Case Workers at the PSC simply don't have the level of seniority to make a decision on what will be considered a complex application.
As you are already aware, it has little chance of success and even less so for your wife who has only just arrived here.
(Casa, not CR001)

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:40 pm

haris_zam wrote:
Casa wrote:If you're about to submit a FLR(FP) application for yourself, what category of visa does your wife have if she has only just joined you? FLR(FP) seems a strange application in what appears to be your circumstances.

flr fp for me to drag 3 months , and dependant section will be hers in flr fp .. is there a bettrr option you know of ??
That won't work. Have you considered returning to your home country, student visa was never a path to ILR?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:45 pm

cheers cr001 for getting back bud,

mate, she works at a clothing store a day in a week , 8 hours a week ,nothing super about our jobs really .

also i apreciate that flr fp has chances of being refused now more than ever and also there are no appeal rights attached to such applications but the aim would be to go on without breaking 3c , wouldnt I still be able to manouver around even after the refusal , say a refusal God forbid comes after 2 month tops id ve given 28 days to apply , i know it wont be an out of time application but i can use them 28 days as a cushion to carry me to the finishing line may be .
I am not overoptimistic but i am not going in the opposite of that either , considering loads of chaps have ended up with an Ilr in similar if not identical situations....

at the end of the day you are the boss , you know things more than I know in this regard but thats what I am aiming for, do feed me with info around this ...

I would need a lot of help and support as i prepare for this menace..

cheers

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:50 pm

...and what are you intending to do when your wife's FLR(FP) application is refused and you don't meet the finance income level to apply for FLR(FM)? :idea: After only 6 months here, your wife can't apply under 'private life'.
You asked in an earlier post about accommodation. If you are living in a room in a shared house you will need to prove that this isn't considered as inadequate and overcrowded. If depends on how many rooms and how many others are living there. Does the family who are renting you the room own the property?
(Casa, not CR001)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:52 pm

I am sorry, could you refrain from calling myself and casa 'mate' and 'bud'. We are female, a bit of respect pls.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:52 pm

Wanderer wrote:
haris_zam wrote:

That won't work. Have you considered returning to your home country, student visa was never a path to ILR?

If you havnt got any thing useful to say then dont be a part of this ...
i smell utter disgust from your comment above ...

nothing was meant to be for anything....

Have you considered your comment is rediculing.
if i wanted to go back home I wont be posting here.

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:53 pm

CR001 wrote:I am sorry, could you refrain from calling myself and casa 'mate' and 'bud'. We are female, a bit of respect pls.
I apologise sincerely . no harm intended...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:55 pm

haris_zam wrote:
Wanderer wrote:That won't work. Have you considered returning to your home country, student visa was never a path to ILR?

Ahh, wanderer is the one who usually says it as it is. He is a qualified lawyer you know, knows a thing or two. :wink:
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:57 pm

Wanderer has actually made a valid point. A student visa was never intended to be a path to settlement and he has politely suggested an alternative which you may have to consider. One of my favourite sayings is 'If you don't like the message, please don't shoot the messenger'. There's no point in anyone sugar-coating the advice and you will have to look at the situation you now find yourself in realistically and have another plan in place. Your timing in bringing your wife to the UK may not have been very well thought through.
(Casa, not CR001)

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:58 pm

Casa wrote:...and what are you intending to do when your wife's FLR(FP) application is refused and you don't meet the finance income level to apply for FLR(FM)? :idea: After only 6 months here, your wife can't apply under 'private life'.
You asked in an earlier post about accommodation. If you are living in a room in a shared house you will need to prove that this isn't considered as inadequate and overcrowded. If depends on how many rooms and how many others are living there. Does the family who are renting you the room own the property?
I know its a very tough call ..
and she is bound to be refused . I am very near to sending her back home because I dont want her to be involved in this , Her passport trapped and that wait kills you , especially when u have to fly to attend an emergency .

I think her beinf here only complicates my case and her life .. but we want to start a family. I am just giving this application a push if things work out in my favour and i get ilr I am a qualified person and can hopefully land a job above the required level..

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:03 pm

I apologise again for my understanding of wanderer.
i know student visa wasnt meant for this but if a student is aplying for something that is available as an option he is using thr options available. i didnt come to settle here either , but things have chsnged ever since and ukba gives you that with the option to apply under private life .. hopefully that can help me .

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:07 pm

The addition of a child would raise your required income level to £22,400 per annum. :|
(Casa, not CR001)

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:09 pm

Casa wrote:Wanderer has actually made a valid point. A student visa was never intended to be a path to settlement and he has politely suggested an alternative which you may have to consider. One of my favourite sayings is 'If you don't like the message, please don't shoot the messenger'. There's no point in anyone sugar-coating the advice and you will have to look at the situation you now find yourself in realistically and have another plan in place. Your timing in bringing your wife to the UK may not have been very well thought through.

I agree with you , but this is how the events turned out to be , she was initally granted a visa in march 2015 but she came in october, because of her studies and other things , but thats in the past now ...

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:11 pm

Casa wrote:The addition of a child would raise your required income level to £22,400 per annum. :|

Indeed it will..

Casa what you would do if you were in my shoes , how would you apply , considering you are an expert on this?? please

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:13 pm

CR001 wrote:
haris_zam wrote:
Wanderer wrote:That won't work. Have you considered returning to your home country, student visa was never a path to ILR?

Ahh, wanderer is the one who usually says it as it is. He is a qualified lawyer you know, knows a thing or two. :wink:
Well I got a Law Degree. Never practiced any law. Went into IT, money is better..
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:15 pm

I'm by no means an expert and there others on the forum better placed to suggest alternatives...if there are any. In my opinion, your wife's expiring visa complicates things.
(Casa, not CR001)

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:17 pm

Also please educate me ;

i need time till july 17 2016
actual 10 years 15 august 2016

If a refusal comes around say june 20th ~ God forbid .

would that mean that i can apply for Ilr on the 28 th day
and will it break my 3c ???

or in case of refusal on that date i will than have to fall back to august since those 28 days wil now be utilised