ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set(LR) - 3 months short plus spouse issue

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Re: Set(LR) - 3 months short plus spouse issue

Post by haris_zam » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:19 pm

Casa wrote:...and what are you intending to do when your wife's FLR(FP) application is refused and you don't meet the finance income level to apply for FLR(FM)? :idea: After only 6 months here, your wife can't apply under 'private life'.
You asked in an earlier post about accommodation. If you are living in a room in a shared house you will need to prove that this isn't considered as inadequate and overcrowded. If depends on how many rooms and how many others are living there. Does the family who are renting you the room own the property?
dear casa ,

i will be moving from this property before i aplly i am looking for a new place since i have given a notice..

i will look for a place which provides a tenancy agreement . my current landlords are famiky friends and it was more of a casual verbal agreement

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Long residence - short of a couple of months

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:20 pm

Wanderer wrote:Well I got a Law Degree. Never practiced any law. Went into IT, money is better..
Think of all the money you could have made or be making helping migrants? :wink:

I work in the legal field and certainly would not want to be an actual lawyer either :shock:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:21 pm

Can you not find a Tier 2 work sponsor? After ten years as a student you must be highly educated by now and able to find some role in research or something?

Worth a punt.....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:22 pm

Casa wrote:I'm by no means an expert and there others on the forum better placed to suggest alternatives...if there are any. In my opinion, your wife's expiring visa complicates things.

you are right . i have the same feeling ....

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:23 pm

You see? I said there were others better placed to come up with a plan B than me. :|
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:24 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wanderer wrote:Well I got a Law Degree. Never practiced any law. Went into IT, money is better..
Think of all the money you could have made or be making helping migrants? :wink:

I work in the legal field and certainly would not want to be an actual lawyer either :shock:
Unfortunately I have something that would never make a successful lawyer - a sense of what's right.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:26 pm

Wanderer wrote:
CR001 wrote:

Unfortunately I have something that would never make a successful lawyer - a sense of what's right.
Yea, I have the same problem. I operate in black and white world / right and wrong. No shades of grey at all. Plus I am a lousy liar so wouldn't be useful as a lawyer :wink:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:26 pm

Wanderer wrote:Can you not find a Tier 2 work sponsor? After ten years as a student you must be highly educated by now and able to find some role in research or something?

Worth a punt.....
I can not unfortunately, my visa status has been a biggest impediment...
i was close to get one when i was on a psw , but things didnt work out dear.

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:15 pm

gurus , I was also contemplating whether my wife can be granted an flr fp leave once i get IlR ,hopefully.
if a settled person cant meet the financial requirements , csn their partners get the visa on flr fp basis... .since then a settled person can produce their biometric permit to the h.o holding their spouse's case ..

if yes .. how long would that visa be for...

in terms of language requirement , can a naric certificate for my wife be an ample evidence or would she require to undertake the basic test from trinity etc..

thanks a ton

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:22 pm

She would need to be in the UK to submit an FLR(FP). It cannot be done from outside the UK.

FLR(FP) is a 10 year route to ILR as a partner (4 X 2.5 year visas). Immigration health surcharge of £500 plus the fee (which goes up by roughly 25% in April) is payable.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:30 pm

CR001 wrote:She would need to be in the UK to submit an FLR(FP). It cannot be done from outside the UK.

FLR(FP) is a 10 year route to ILR as a partner (4 X 2.5 year visas). Immigration health surcharge of £500 plus the fee (which goes up by roughly 25% in April) is payable.
thanks , considering she stays in U.k which is highlly probable . she could be granted the 1 st 2.5 year visa.... thats a good news .
the fees is a killer ..

thanks for the prompt reply. will try that hopefully..

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:37 pm

Her problem will be that if you're fortunate and are granted ILR, by that time her visa will have expired and she will have no valid leave.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:46 pm

Casa wrote:Her problem will be that if you're fortunate and are granted ILR, by that time her visa will have expired and she will have no valid leave.
but she would be applying flr fp with me and then considering theres no reply till i get ILR , i can simply send my biometrics to the address as an added evidence with a new cover letter ... ??
she would have an flr fp pending , which shant render hers invalid.. correct me if I am wrong please.

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:15 pm

also if she is refused flr fp i would be too right ? because its the same form we are applying through..
or will her application be decided seperately than mine ?

if God forbid . a refusal comes in for both of us , we will have 28 days,
and if with in those 28 days i reach the time period i need i can apply for IlR and a new flr fp for her ???
and upon decision on my case, since i will be using window , which i am praying will be a quick positive reply.
can i then send my ilr as an added pivitol evidence for her to be granted flr fp ...

thanks for clarifying that a dependant of settled person can get
visa even if they dont meet the finances. I know that later when swirching to flr M the clock starts from zero .. ??

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:57 am

Any opinion or advise on the above wohld be much apreciated :D

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:21 pm

Any one please.

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:04 pm

moderators , can you please advise me on this as much as you can.

thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:18 pm

Moderators don't necessarily have any more knowledge that other members...and they will respond if they have relevant advice to give you. I'm afraid I don't.
(Casa, not CR001)

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:36 pm

Casa wrote:Moderators don't necessarily have any more knowledge that other members...and they will respond if they have relevant advice to give you. I'm afraid I don't.
Thanks casa,

would you know roughly how long before a decision is madeeon flr fp , any idea if one application can fill my gap of 3 months and seven days..