ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 (registration) - after approval process query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

visa_query
Newly Registered

MN1 (registration) - after approval process query

Post by visa_query » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:01 pm

I have few queries, once "MN1 - Registration of a 6 year old child born aborad" application is approved.

Given the child situation and questions in below. Kindly share your input. Thanks.

Child: 6 year old Child Born aborad.
Visa status: Child got ILR in Oct 2015. Father British (naturalisation) Expecting passport in a month. Mother ILR.

Planning to apply "MN1 - Registration" for above child on beginning of April.

Once MN1 is approved, How he will get the "naturalisation" certificate to apply his passport ?

1) will he get the "naturalisation" certificate along with approval letter by post?
OR
2) Needs to wait for Ceremony date from register office and he/someone can go and collect it?

3) When his ILR visa will become invalid? After receiving "MN1 - Registration" approved letter or only after receiving naturalisation certificate?

Note: He is planning for a summer term holiday to India. I am worried, if the "MN1 Approved" letter comes during his india stay or just before fly (end of july), will he face any issue on going out or coming to UK with ILR?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: MN1 (registration) - after approval process query

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:09 pm

Once MN1 is approved, How he will get the "naturalisation" certificate to apply his passport ?

1) will he get the "naturalisation" certificate along with approval letter by post? Approval letter and certificate of REGISTRATION arrive by post separately (note, only adults are naturalised)
OR
2) Needs to wait for Ceremony date from register office and he/someone can go and collect it? Children DO NOT attend a ceremony.

3) When his ILR visa will become invalid? After receiving "MN1 - Registration" approved letter or only after receiving naturalisation certificate? After receiving the REGISTRATION certificate
He is planning for a summer term holiday to India. I am worried, if the "MN1 Approved" letter comes during his india stay or just before fly (end of july), will he face any issue on going out or coming to UK with ILR?

Might be an issue returning. No issue leaving the UK. Who is the child traveling with? Who will be in the UK to check the post?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

visa_query
Newly Registered

Post by visa_query » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:51 am

Might be an issue returning. No issue leaving the UK. Who is the child traveling with? Who will be in the UK to check the post?
Answer: He is going with his mum....Father will be in UK....There won't be any issue on receiving the POST in UK....

If anyone faced this situation, please share your experience or comment

"Received the registration certificate, when child is in abroad for Holidays... Will Border Control allow him with his ILR?"

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:24 pm

Yes, he should be fine to re-enter the UK. If you are meeting them at the airport and you have received the registration certificate and approval, take it with you just in case.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

visa_query
Newly Registered

Post by visa_query » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:35 pm

thanks very much for response. Very helpful