ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

baby born in india for UK citizen CoE/RoA

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amitbalaji
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

baby born in india for UK citizen CoE/RoA

Post by amitbalaji » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:24 pm

Moderator apologies in advance to reply in this post as I couldn't find how to start a "New Thread"!

So my questions is -
I am a Naturalised British Citizen and my wife got ILR for UK. She is India and baby due very shortly. We would like to apply for British passport for the new born in India before I make plan to bring them back to UK.
I will be visiting India soon for few days so please let me know documents and forms I need to submit.

I believe there is also Right to Abode option which is easier but do not know anything about this. I was given below link by Liverpool HMPO but I would really be greatfull if someone can share their personal experience with me.
https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports/y ... hild/india

Many Thanks in advance
Amit

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: baby born in india for UK citizen

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:54 pm

You click on the 'new topic' button at the top left of the forum you are in.

A passport application from India can take 6-12 months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:12 pm

In the top-right hand corner, there is a Search field that searches all the forums for relevant threads.

Search for terms like "UK India child passport", "British Indian child RoA", etc to get the threads and read through them. You are not the first who is in this situation and you won't be the last. Many of the threads are quite detailed, such as the one about applying for Certificate of Entitlement-Right of Abode (CoE-RoA) in an Indian passport. Read up on them. To be forewarned is to be forearmed.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

amitbalaji
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by amitbalaji » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:55 pm

Thank you CR001.
I have heard horror stories for British passport taking very long time so I believe ROA is better option if I have to think of time.

I get confusing answers on applying ROA from India or needs to be done from UK. Please can some one guide me including forms and documents needed ? It will be of great help.

Thank you

amitbalaji
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Right to Abode for Baby born in India

Post by amitbalaji » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:03 pm

Hello,

I am a Naturalised British Citizen and my wife got ILR for UK. She is India and baby due very shortly. We would like to apply for ROA for the new born in India before I make plan to bring them back to UK.
Reason for applying ROA instead of British passport is that I heard ROA process is much quicker.
Further once baby in UK, I can renounce Indian passport and get british passport very easily.

I will be visiting India soon for few days so please let me know documents and forms I need to submit.
Or else guide me to an existing recent post as I could not find a relevant one.

Thanks
Amit

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: baby born in india for UK citizen CoE/RoA

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:06 pm

Not necessary to start a new thread when you have one already. Please keep your queries in this thread. I have merged your two topics and changed the heading.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

amitbalaji
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by amitbalaji » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:14 pm

ok cool cr001.
can answer my query please. it is mind numbing with so many contradictory answers :oops:

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:29 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

amitbalaji
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

British passport for Baby born in India

Post by amitbalaji » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:14 pm

Hi,
I am a Naturalised British Citizen and my wife got ILR for UK. She is India and baby due very shortly. We would like to
apply for British passport for the new born in India before I make plan to bring them back to UK.
I will be visiting India soon for few days so please can you go through below list and confirm these are fine. I have attached the application form which I will be completing.
Please confirm of this is the correct one. Please note that as I have to travel back to UK hence I can only submit coloured photocopy of British passport and PIO card.

A. Parents’ Identity proof (UK):
1. PHOTOCOPY Father’s full British passport colour photocopy and mother’s ILR card colour photocopy.
2. PHOTOCOPY Father's photocopy of PIO Card
3. ORIGINAL Father’s old cancelled Indian passport
4. ORIGINAL Father’s naturalisation certificate.
5. ORIGINAL Father’s and mother’s UK driving license.
6. ORIGINAL Mother’s maternity benefits letter given by her employer
7. ORIGINAL Father's 3 recent bank statements.

B. Parents’ Identity proof (India):
1. ORIGINAL Mother’s & Father's Indian driving license
2. ORIGINAL Mother's Indian bank recent statements.
3. ORIGINAL Mother and Father's PAN card.

C. Baby’s identity proof:
1. ORIGINAL Birth certificate issued by the local municipal authority
2. ORIGINAL Birth certificate issued by the hospital where the birth took place

D. Maternity records (UK NHS):
1. ORIGINAL As my wife was living in the UK up until week 22, we had an NHS file which had her appointment letters, scan reports, blood reports etc.

E. Maternity records (India):
1. ORIGINAL This file included all the maternity records from the hospital in India where my wife delivered the baby like few bills, discharge summary etc.

Thanks
Amit

Attachments

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:53 pm

Have you actually read page 12/13 of the passport guidance notes? Most of the documents you have listed are NOT needed. You are applying for a passport NOT a visa.

And please stop starting new topics about the same question. I have merged your posts now.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:23 am

You have to decide what you want to apply for; either a British passport or CoE-RoA.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

amit13yogi
Newly Registered

Post by amit13yogi » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:12 am

Hi Vinny,
Some people say as I am Naturalized British Citizen hence baby not eligible for ROA. Others say baby is eligible for ROA regardless of parent BC by birth or by Naturalization. Because of this ambiguity I have decided for British passport on to be safer side although its longer process in comparison to ROA.

Thanks
Amit

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:04 am

amit13yogi wrote:Some people say as I am Naturalized British Citizen hence baby not eligible for ROA.
That's a misunderstanding.