ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation and Passport Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

admanager
Newly Registered

Naturalisation and Passport Application

Post by admanager » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:54 pm

Hello Gurus,
My application for naturalisation started late October 2015, in progress now having received and done my biometrics and now awaiting approval and ceremony etc.
The Home Office requested for some more documents (I already sent using NCS)last couple of weeks giving me a limited time to returns bills, p60s and employment records but by God's grace and mercy, I got all documents from HMRC within the 10 days I was given and returned all a day before their unreasonable deadline. I am a bit surprise they haven't sent my approval but....

My question today is around application for passport.
Do I still have to start passport application after approval and ceremony?

If so, do I or can I start it now to save time?

Also, any advice on going ahead at this stage?

Thanks a million !!!

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalisation and Passport Application

Post by Casa » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:00 pm

As you haven't submitted your BC application through the (currently limited) NCS pilot scheme which enables you to apply for BC + passport at the same time, you won't be able to apply for your passport until after you have attended your citizenship ceremony.
Have you applied for BC as an EEA national?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

admanager
Newly Registered

Post by admanager » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:17 pm

I am applying as a family member of EEA.

Our divorce was completed over 3 years ago and I have been on my own having got ROR.
Now that it has past 6 years I have applied for BC.

Thanks for clarifying that it is after the ceremony that I can start the passport application.

How much is the app and how long does it take?

Cheers

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:22 pm

See FAQs Citizenship/Passports (click)

Current waiting times are around 3 weeks. It gets busier the closer it gets to summer then the applications take longer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.