ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Tax issue

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sifanaeem

ILR Tax issue

Post by sifanaeem » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:52 pm

Hi All,

I got my Tier 1 General on 5th April 2011 and then switched to Tier 2 General in Sept 2012 and then renewed my Tier 2 in Nov 2014 (after the birth of my son).

I'm eligible to apply for ILR on 8th March 2016, so this would combine 1 1/2 years of Tier 1 and 3 1/2 years of Tier 2.

When applying for my Tier 1 in April 2011, I combined my Salaried income with a Self employed income so that I would be eligible for Tier 1 by earning over £40,000.
The self employed income was about £16,000. After getting my Tier 1, due to technical issues with the web services I provided as part of my self employment business I had to refund a few clients and my actual earnings dropped below £40,000.
Due to the refunds, the amount I showed HMRC was lower than the £16,000 I showed the HO (this was within the same tax year).

So my concern is will that be an issue when applying for my ILR next month? I have an appointment booked at Croydon. Will they dig about the time before the 5 year qualifying period?

Thanks for all your input on this.

SN.

argus7
Wales

Re: ILR Tax issue

Post by argus7 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:18 pm

This is def a problem and a major issue when it comes to TAX evasion and declaration.

HO will def check your SE income and evidence of taxes paid on the same, contact an accountant and sort this before going for ILR!

Shocking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Again a LOCKED thread

sifanaeem

Post by sifanaeem » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:27 pm

argus7 wrote:This is def a problem and a major issue when it comes to TAX evasion and declaration.
Thanks for your reply argus7, but this is not Tax evasion as I had genuine reasons to issue refunds.
But by the time the Tier 1 was already issued.
argus7 wrote:HO will def check your SE income and evidence of taxes paid on the same, contact an accountant and sort this before going for ILR!
You mean revoke the refund notes and pay tax on the full 40k for 2011?
argus7 wrote:Shocking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Again a LOCKED thread
What is a "LOCKED thread"??

What is shocking? my case or the locked thread?

SN

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:37 pm

Due to the influx of tax 'discrepancies' we are unable to advise on these issues. This forum is purely for immigration issue only. You should search for a tax forum or seek legal advice.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.