ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea family visa for ireland for brother

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mcflurri
Newly Registered
Pakistan

eea family visa for ireland for brother

Post by Mcflurri » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:58 pm

Hi obie. I am new to the forum and require your serious help. I go through the forum regularly and it has been helpful eversince. my brother is Dutch national and I live in uk with my wife and child. I wanted to apply for eea family dependant visa. We went through a solicitor and gave him £12000 as he said we can get visa through ireland. It ended up as nothing. Could you please please advise what us good for me and how shall I apply.

Obie
Ireland

Re: eea family visa for ireland for brother

Post by Obie » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:41 am

I am not sure how I am expected to assist in this case.

Need to speak to this person who took your 12k. Possibly call the police for them as this conduct is just wrong.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Mcflurri
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Mcflurri » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:26 pm

Thankyou so much obie for your reply. It's highly regarded. I am not bothered about the money as I know these people know our situation and take advantage. Thankfully we came back to uk after living in ireland for 2.5 months. Got bills there of my sponsor as well. I just wanted to know can I apply here in uk for the same visa as we have applied two years back but went into appeal. We didn't appeal as the solicitor said it's good to apply from ireland. I have got decency proofs from last 2 years such as living at same adress, bills, etc. Could you please guide me what's good for us and what channel shall we go though. Just a guideline as we are in a very bad situation and want to get this thing sorted. I have a 2.5 year old baby and I am reall upset. Can't find a way out. Please your help and guidance will be highly appreciated as I have seen lots of people being befitted through this forum.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:45 pm

Your case appear very complex, and I am just surprised why you did not apply for residency in Ireland.

If you were going to apply from UK, at the very least, you should have kept some trail of evidence of dependency in Ireland, evidence of dependecy of 2.5 months is likely to be insufficient.

Mcflurri
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Mcflurri » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:03 pm

My brother and me were registered in Ireland since last 5 months. We had a bill on our name. And wage slips for two months. That is what I was saying that our survival was being difficult there so we had to come back. The solicitor whom we went through already took 12000 for nothing. They couldn't make my brothers pps number and account. Things were clear when we went there. Please could you guide me as I was told because my sponsor is European so we can apply again here. As we have applied earlier as well it was the previous solicitor who messed it up and now this one. Don't know seriously what to do. This forum is really helpful and I thought I might get a solution here. Please advise me what I can do in this situation. Thanks

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:20 pm

If he is exercising treaty right in the UK and you can demonstrate that in the country from which you have come, you are able to demonstrate dependency or membership of his household, then you may be able to qualify .

Mcflurri
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Mcflurri » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:56 pm

Thanks for the guidance obie. Yes he is registered here since last two years in uk with us. House hold bills, tenancy, bank transfers, plus in addition back home I am the youngest of all and my father passed away when I was one year so he was the eldest. so I can gather the backhome proofs. Could you assist me that is my case strong enough to apply and what other documents do I need. Thanks

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:32 pm

The case seems reasonably ok.

Obviously it will depend on the strength of your supporting documents.

Mcflurri
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Mcflurri » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:33 pm

So shall I go ahead and apply here in uk

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:45 pm

The prospect of success will depend on the evidence you obtained in Ireland .

If the evidence is strong them I see no reason why you can't apply but be rest assured that if the evidence is week and you are refused, this may well facilitate the commencement of enforcement proceedings.

Mcflurri
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Mcflurri » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:56 am

This is where I am struck that wether I shall apply or not. I guess the documents of Ireland are not strong enough as my bro didn't had a pps or bank account. Or is it possible I don't go through the Ireland documents and apply straight from uk as I did earlier and provide documents from backhome. Or shall I provide ireland proofs too

malik0543

Post by malik0543 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:57 pm

Just go a head, maximum they can refused it what else !!

or do you have any other option ?

Mcflurri
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Mcflurri » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:28 pm

Thanks malik your words are really support . But as obie said they can go towards enforcement proceedings. So get a bit worried.

malik0543

Post by malik0543 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:48 am

HI

so whats ur plan ?

you can either apply in Ireland or UK.

if you fear from enforcement, it can be happen any time while your brother have no legal status in UK. so risk is same.

Mcflurri
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Mcflurri » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:07 pm

Imran it's not the fear of enforcement it's just the way and guide to how to apply that makes the case strong.

malik0543

Post by malik0543 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:57 pm

Hi

why not you come to Ireland and apply ?

what applicant circumstances, i mean age, education etc

how he is dependent on you ?

also who the person who charge you 12K ?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:34 pm

Please OP will not be allowed to name any firm of solicitors on this forum.

He will not be permitted to name which ever firm he had the 12k transaction with, as those firm will not be able to defend themselves, it will be wholly inappropriate for their names to be mentioned on the forum.

Mcflurri
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Mcflurri » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:42 pm

Hi malik. I did went to ireland to apply but came back as I was completely lost there. I have mentioned it in my earlier posts. As I already paid so much so till the time I understood the whole situation it was too late. In addition my brother is sponsoring me as I was completely dependant on him because my parents passed away when I was 2.

Obie I won't be mentioning any names as I do understand. The only reason to even mention this issue was just to create a bit of awareness amongst people of how they could be trapped and that they should be extra carefull with money transactions as they could be easily trapped.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:09 pm

I am most troubled by your predicament.

It is most unfortunate.

Slkking1
Newly Registered

Post by Slkking1 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:54 am

Obie I apply family member of eu dependent visa frm Pakistan in November it's about 3 n half months ago but still waiting for decision how much time it take ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:51 am

Slkking1 wrote:Obie I apply family member of eu dependent visa frm Pakistan in November it's about 3 n half months ago but still waiting for decision how much time it take ?
Is it for your spouse or an extended family member? See the link below which will provide some delay information.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/irelan ... 03581.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mcflurri
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Mcflurri » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:01 pm

Yes obie. I really need some serious and helpful advice so that I can proceed. I want to come out of this award situation. Any kind of advice will be great.