ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FP confusion

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

LisaP
Newly Registered

EEA FP confusion

Post by LisaP » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:57 pm

Hello everyone,
So my husband (american) and I (British) have been married for 3 years and have been residing in Ireland for 8 months now. He just received his stamp 4 EU FAM. We just recently found out that I am pregnant and I want to go back to the UK to have my mom help me through the baby process. Now my husband and I just began to look over the EEA FP application online and its so confusing. Some of these question don't make any sense. Example under the section EEA National it ask how are you related to the EEA national. What??? How am I related to myself?? The questions are repeated and basically mixed all around. So please any help and guidance would help us greatly! Thank you in advance

noajthan

Re: EEA FP confusion

Post by noajthan » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:20 pm

LisaP wrote:Hello everyone,
So my husband (american) and I (British) have been married for 3 years and have been residing in Ireland for 8 months now. He just received his stamp 4 EU FAM. We just recently found out that I am pregnant and I want to go back to the UK to have my mom help me through the baby process. Now my husband and I just began to look over the EEA FP application online and its so confusing. Some of these question don't make any sense. Example under the section EEA National it ask how are you related to the EEA national. What??? How am I related to myself?? The questions are repeated and basically mixed all around. So please any help and guidance would help us greatly! Thank you in advance
You are British and so do not need a FP to (re)enter UK.
So you do not complete the form as 'you', your husband does (as 'himself').

You are also considered to be the EEA national (due to enjoying SS/centre of life in Eire) so you are the sponsor.
The FP (& the form) is for your non-EEA spouse, your dependent family member.

Suggest printing out the paper form & practising on that one - see how it shapes up.
If you are not coming to the UK as a family member of an EEA National then you are completing the wrong form
Ref: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 0/vaf5.pdf

PS Unfortunately you can't apply on the paper form - that is for use by people in N. Korea (yes, really).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

LisaP
Newly Registered

EEA permit application surinder Singh route ireland

Post by LisaP » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:28 pm

Hey everyone,
OK so now my husband and I are entering the next part of our process which is the EEA family permit to go back to the UK. The application is a bit weird because our case is different because we are using the surinder Singh route. So we filled in as much as we could and as honestly as possible. Now my question is what supporting documents should I send? So far I have:
My passport
My husbands passport
Marriage certificate
Passport photos
6 months of payslips (most recent for me)
5 months of payslips (most recent from husband)
Copy of stamp 4EUFAM ID ( my husband)
Signed employment contract (me)
Signed letter of employment ( me)
Tax certificates (my husband and I)
Appointment letter from maternity hospital (me)
Ptrb letters ( my husband and I)
Tenancy agreement (10 month both names)
Library cards ( my husband and I)
Letter from gas company
Most recent bill from virgin media ( phone, internet, TV)
Online payments to bin collections
Letter addressed to both from AIB bank

Anything else that we should include. I am also writing a cover letter stating the reason for going back to the UK (pregnancy) and requesting from them to allow my husband entry. Should I include pictures? I thought that would be too much especially since we been married for almost 4 years. I think that would eliminate the thought of marriage out of convenience Lol.

I am sorry about the long post. Anyone with any experience with this part of the process, I would love some advice. Thank you in advance

Hamza2013
Member of Standing

Re: EEA permit application surinder Singh route ireland

Post by Hamza2013 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:49 pm

Hi LisaP,

Could you not apply for EEA2 when in Uk.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:06 pm

You may need more to show you shifted your centre of life' to Eire.
Any night school?
Language lessons?
Gym?
(etc)

Did you keep a place in Uk?
If so EU case law is on your side but a cynical caseworker applying 'c-o-l' may not be.

Playing Devil's Advocate, can you address potential HO criticism you always planned to return to UK with baby?

Hamza2013
Member of Standing

Post by Hamza2013 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:24 pm

Hi noajthan,

What will be a more strong COL move to Ireland?

Also is it necessary to enter UK with family permit to apply EEA2? As per my understanding non EU member can enter with EU citizen on residence card and the apply EEA2 in uk,

Please reply with details, thanks

kunfayakun
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by kunfayakun » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:09 pm

If they have EUFAM card issued under article 10 then they can enter the UK without the family permit but if unfortunately some UK boarder officers who don't know the rule and refusing the entry to the UK.. that's why we people applying for the family permit when return to the UK to avoid headaches
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:58 pm

Hamza2013 wrote:Hi noajthan,

What will be a more strong COL move to Ireland?

Also is it necessary to enter UK with family permit to apply EEA2? As per my understanding non EU member can enter with EU citizen on residence card and the apply EEA2 in uk,

Please reply with details, thanks
There is nothing wrong with a move to Ireland from an EU point of view.
It's pure free movement whatever the motivation & (after 3 months) however long for.
(Disclaimer: And, for the record, I'm all for it).

However, from a hard-bitten HO caseworker's point of view, (ie someone applying the UK's controversial centre of life criteria), and in the current geopolitical climate, SS is bordering on pure scam & not much more than a loophole.

Playing Devil's Advocate again, (as this is all contrary to EU law), a stronger c-o-l move would appear to be one of many (not just a few) months duration (or over a year or so) and also involving property purchase.

The family member of an EEA national can present themselves at the UK border (with supporting documentation in lieu of FP) and shoot for an entry stamp (previously known as a 1A stamp).

(The Border Force Operations manual covers such scenarios & the conditions & opportunities for entry into UK in such circumstances).

LisaP
Newly Registered

Post by LisaP » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:10 am

Thank you for your reply everyone. Well our intentions were to stay here in Ireland but we just found out that I was pregnant 2 months ago. Our plan was to stay in Ireland but due to my pregnancy and the need of my mothers support on taking care of a new born, is the only reason why we going back. We both work full time so we don't have the time to go to a gym or do community service etc. We've been here 9 months now its not like we come here for 3 months. So will my application most likely fail because I didn't join a gym or do any community service?

LisaP
Newly Registered

Post by LisaP » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:13 am

Also we both speak English ( I am from the UK, husband is from the US).

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:57 am

LisaP wrote:Thank you for your reply everyone. Well our intentions were to stay here in Ireland but we just found out that I was pregnant 2 months ago. Our plan was to stay in Ireland but due to my pregnancy and the need of my mothers support on taking care of a new born, is the only reason why we going back. We both work full time so we don't have the time to go to a gym or do community service etc. We've been here 9 months now its not like we come here for 3 months. So will my application most likely fail because I didn't join a gym or do any community service?
Under pure EU rules you appear to have been exercising treaty rights in the spirit of free movement.
You should not fail just because you didn't join a gym.

In the context of returning to UK it depends on how the caseworker weighs your case up.

KAMRAN143
Newly Registered

Post by KAMRAN143 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:39 pm

hi mates.. hope you all are good. i need some information on eu applicantion in ireland and getiing back to united kingdom with eea british spouse after working and living in ireland for more than 6 months... any idea

Hamza2013
Member of Standing

Post by Hamza2013 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:02 pm

Hi Lisa,

Did you managed to apply uk permit on E4FAM?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:21 pm

KAMRAN143 wrote:hi mates.. hope you all are good. i need some information on eu applicantion in ireland and getiing back to united kingdom with eea british spouse after working and living in ireland for more than 6 months... any idea
I have deleted your duplicate post.

See http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 69701.html

But also be aware of this - or just switch on radio/TV:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 03556.html

KAMRAN143
Newly Registered

Post by KAMRAN143 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:25 am

noajthen@ thanks for your reply could you please share any updated story of surrinder singh success story ?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:55 am

KAMRAN143 wrote:noajthen@ thanks for your reply could you please share any updated story of surrinder singh success story ?
You could start here:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... %20success

- but do keep abreast of the latest developments & changes out of Europe (from recent days) via the media :!:

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:41 am

noajthan wrote:
KAMRAN143 wrote:noajthen@ thanks for your reply could you please share any updated story of surrinder singh success story ?
You could start here:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... %20success

- but do keep abreast of the latest developments & changes out of Europe (from recent days) via the media :!:
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016 ... t-eu-rules
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Hamza2013
Member of Standing

Post by Hamza2013 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:33 pm

Thanks casa,

The draft only talks about spouses doesn't it mean other qualifying members such as parents etc will be affected,

KAMRAN143
Newly Registered

Post by KAMRAN143 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:38 pm

noajthan:

thanks for your reply. i have done most of it now i have stamp4 for six months and i am going to apply re entry visa. if i cant not find anybody at the uk port what should i do ? shall i get out from the airport and make a move with my eu spouse to our intended home in uk and apply eea2? what is your advise? as we both are living in ireland from last six months and my eu british wife is self employed from last six months in ireland is it enough time to exercise treaty rights?

thanks

LisaP
Newly Registered

Post by LisaP » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:25 am

Hello everyone ,
So my husband sent the EEA application 2 weeks ago and he got an email that a decision has been made. We have to wait until I get another email asking him to go pick up my documents. After we pick up the docoments is when we find out the answer. I am Sooo nervous. Hopefully we got it... just in case we don't, what would be the next step? (I am confident he did get it but you never know with the UK)

LisaP
Newly Registered

Post by LisaP » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:13 pm

Hey guys
So a big update we went to pick up our documents and we got approved for my husbands EEA permit!! I was so afraid because all the new changes that will be coming.Thank you all for your help so far. Now on to the next step and that is UK residence. If anyone has questions about anything that I gone through, don't be afraid to ask

KAMRAN143
Newly Registered

Post by KAMRAN143 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:34 pm

congratulation on eea family permit. where did you apply it? and what documents you attached with your husbands applicaiton?

LisaP
Newly Registered

Post by LisaP » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:39 am

My husband applied in Ireland and all the documents we provided are in my first post. ( just scroll up) :). Thank you we are excited to go back home. I m guessing that the EEA 2 should be straight forward now that they acknowledge my treaty rights and gave my husband his EEA FP.

KAMRAN143
Newly Registered

Post by KAMRAN143 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:07 pm

could you please explain whole your process step by step? because i am in the start of the process here in ireland with my british eu wife. did you husband went in dublin and apply for eea family permit hisself or in post? it will be great of you if you explain me whole your story step by step so it will be helpful for me thank you so much and early reply will be appreciated... thanks again

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:19 pm

KAMRAN143 wrote:could you please explain whole your process step by step? because i am in the start of the process here in ireland with my british eu wife. did you husband went in dublin and apply for eea family permit hisself or in post? it will be great of you if you explain me whole your story step by step so it will be helpful for me thank you so much and early reply will be appreciated... thanks again
See
My husband applied in Ireland and all the documents we provided are in my first post. ( just scroll up)