ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help filling SET (O) form

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shace318

Help filling SET (O) form

Post by shace318 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:50 am

Hi All

can anyone help me filling this section please
currently I am on Tier 1 General and applying for ILR on SET(O) form

Q 1. I have already paid should I still fill in payment details or can i leave it blank
Q 2. home and finance 5.3 i have full time and part time income, i am showing
only my full time income for this application, yet should i mention total income(full time+part time)
for the question " what is your income after tax..."

Thank you
Shash

Mind_The_Gap

Re: Help filling SET (O) form

Post by Mind_The_Gap » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:36 am

Hi Shash,

Welcome to the forum!

Q 1. I have already paid should I still fill in payment details or can i leave it blank
Answer: Fill it in with details of the card you used

Q 2. home and finance 5.3 i have full time and part time income, i am showing
only my full time income for this application, yet should i mention total income(full time+part time)
for the question " what is your income after tax..."

Answer: Total income

MindTheGap

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:38 am

If you're having a PEO you don't need to fill in the payment sheet, just take the world pay receipt.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

shace318

Post by shace318 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:04 am

Thank you "mind the gap" and "amber" for your prompt reply
my Q2: If i add the total income in 5.3 should i show my bank details and
employer details for the 2nd income as well. this will end up giving more documentation

i am confused because i have my HMRC report instead of P60 which shows both employment
will i end up having too many documentation???please help

Thank you
Shash

Mind_The_Gap

Post by Mind_The_Gap » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:29 pm

my Q2: If i add the total income in 5.3 should i show my bank details and
employer details for the 2nd income as well. this will end up giving more documentatio
n

For Tier 1 (General) migrants, points are awarded according to their previous earnings in a consecutive 12 month period (within 15 month window) preceding the application. You’re a required to show documents to corroborate your earnings. Page 28 of 59 - SET(O) Application form (Version 12/2013)

i am confused because i have my HMRC report instead of P60 which shows both employment
will i end up having too many documentation???

The case worker may ask you to prove your economic activity during the last 5 years. Thus, it may be wise to carry the HMRC report with you.

MindTheGap

shace318

Post by shace318 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:42 pm

Hi Mind the gap
can i avoid showing the 2nd income as my first income full fills the points requirement, but give the HMRC report which will have both income.

will this be acceptable?
Shash

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:33 pm

Ideally , The income that you are going to declare to HO should be in sync with HMRC . If it results in more documentation so be it .

katwmn6

Post by katwmn6 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:56 am

dk2011 wrote:Ideally , The income that you are going to declare to HO should be in sync with HMRC . If it results in more documentation so be it .
I don't know that I agree with this. There is no requirement that you declare all of your income, only enough to meet your relevant income threshold. So long as you're not over-declaring I don't know why this would be an issue. I have successfully made Tier 1 applications only declaring some of my income, and I don't see evidence that this is different for ILR.

Whatever you put in section 5, however, needs to match the documentation you have provided (i.e. only input what you have provided evidence for).

shace318

Post by shace318 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:10 pm

Hi dk2011 & Katwmn6
Thanks you for the advise. suppose i decided to declare all my income
what should i mention for Q 5.3 " what is your income each month"?
should it be average income for the month?

my income
Job 1 - Monthly paid (this gives the points that i needed)
Job 2 - Paid once in 4 weeks

also at the 12th month i get a bonus from Job 1 which is added to my last pay slip.
now should i add all the above income and divide by 12 and answer question 5.3?

Thank you
Shash

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:40 am

Correct.

katwmn6

Post by katwmn6 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:56 am

shace318 wrote:what should i mention for Q 5.3 " what is your income each month"?
should it be average income for the month?

my income
Job 1 - Monthly paid (this gives the points that i needed)
Job 2 - Paid once in 4 weeks

also at the 12th month i get a bonus from Job 1 which is added to my last pay slip.
now should i add all the above income and divide by 12 and answer question 5.3?
Hi Shash,

Yes, that is what I did. I took the total amount of income I was declaring (I also received irregular and one-off payments) and divided it by 12 (i.e. the maximum number of months you can claim for). I entered this figure in 5.3 and 5.6, and then in the box under 5.6 I wrote the following:
The figures detailed at 5.3 and 5.6 are approximate monthly earnings based on total earnings generated for period START DATE to END DATE [period of earnings being claimed for]. See letter from Representative and Accountant for a detailed breakdown of previous earnings.
Remember that they are only looking for evidence that you can support yourself in this section, not detailed proof that your earnings are correctly documented (as they want for Section 9, the points scoring assessment).

N2012

Post by N2012 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:55 pm

katwmn6 wrote: Yes, that is what I did. I took the total amount of income I was declaring (I also received irregular and one-off payments) and divided it by 12 (i.e. the maximum number of months you can claim for). I entered this figure in 5.3 and 5.6, and then in the box under 5.6 I wrote the following:
The figures detailed at 5.3 and 5.6 are approximate monthly earnings based on total earnings generated for period START DATE to END DATE [period of earnings being claimed for]. See letter from Representative and Accountant for a detailed breakdown of previous earnings.
I was wondering about this question - is calculating an average the common way to answer it? I am an employee, not self employed but I did get different salaries each month in the past year for various reasons (different amount of overtime, changed jobs, got a raise). I thought I'd mention the last month's salary, although it doesn't necessarily represent my past year's average. Would it be better to mention an average then?

katwmn6

Post by katwmn6 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:21 pm

N2012 wrote:I was wondering about this question - is calculating an average the common way to answer it? I am an employee, not self employed but I did get different salaries each month in the past year for various reasons (different amount of overtime, changed jobs, got a raise). I thought I'd mention the last month's salary, although it doesn't necessarily represent my past year's average. Would it be better to mention an average then?

I suppose there's no 'common' way to answer much any of this, but I did base my decision on advice I read on this board. (My lawyer agreed.)

N2012

Post by N2012 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:14 pm

katwmn6 wrote: I suppose there's no 'common' way to answer much any of this, but I did base my decision on advice I read on this board. (My lawyer agreed.)

Only now I saw your reply - thanks! That's very helpful.

vishal123

Post by vishal123 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:22 pm

In income section ,only small box provided,I have got income from two companies how should I fill little box,gross yearly salary,hourly rate.should I write name of companies and put income next to it