ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vinayunited

Please help

Post by vinayunited » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:01 am

Hi All,

I have been in a relationship with a European for over 7 years and married for three years. Unfortunately our marriage is not working and we are about to file for divorce in the very near future. I was wondering if there is any situation in which i can continue to reside in the UK. I am currently having the EEA2 family member visa. Another titbit to add is that I will complete 10 years in this country in July. Is there anything i can do in order to stay considering that i have spent most of my adult life in the UK.

Any help would be much appreciated.

noajthan

Re: Please help

Post by noajthan » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:07 pm

vinayunited wrote:Hi All,

I have been in a relationship with a European for over 7 years and married for three years. Unfortunately our marriage is not working and we are about to file for divorce in the very near future. I was wondering if there is any situation in which i can continue to reside in the UK. I am currently having the EEA2 family member visa. Another titbit to add is that I will complete 10 years in this country in July. Is there anything i can do in order to stay considering that i have spent most of my adult life in the UK.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Shoot for RoR.
See https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/retain ... -residence
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

vinayunited

Post by vinayunited » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:19 pm

Can i apply for this before my divorce has come through ?

Deek141
Newly Registered

Post by Deek141 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:26 pm

vinayunited wrote:Can i apply for this before my divorce has come through ?
you need to apply for divorce and get decree absolute before you can apply ROR as its a major requirement.

vinayunited

Post by vinayunited » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:47 pm

By the way my divorce will be finalised, I would have completed 10 years in this country. Would that entitle me to apply for ILR or do I still have to apply for ROR.

Thanks