ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP name change

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nickmpco

BRP name change

Post by nickmpco » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:29 pm

Hi All,

My wife is a dependent on my tier 2 visa and she recently changed her surname to my surname. I am having a hard time finding out what exactly we need to do to get a new BRP (the call centre was less than helpful). On this website: https://www.gov.uk/transfer-visa, they make reference to TOC forms, NTL forms, Change of circumstances forms etc... But from what I understand, she just needs to apply for a whole new bioresidence permit and nothing else. Is that the case? Has anybody gone through this?

Also, I can't seem to find anything about processing times (once again, the call centre did not know about processing times). Any ideas about this? Can we travel while applying for a new BRP?

Many thanks.

josh_smiith
Newly Registered

Re: BRP name change

Post by josh_smiith » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:01 pm

Hello nickmpco,

Did you change your name on the BRP card as well ? If yes, could you let me know the process & an approximate duration for the same ?