ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation query reg. the old passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shanjo
Newly Registered

Naturalisation query reg. the old passport

Post by Shanjo » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:12 pm

Hello Experts,

Could you please help me with my naturalisation questions below, I would like to double check on the below things to make sure all are ok?

1. My wife applying along with me this month, as the residence rule of : 4 yrs as Tier 1 dependent + 1 yr in ILR, is she eligible for naturalisation as she covered 5 residence yrs in total?

2. In the application there is no mention of previous passports and that is where I have most of the home office stamped during my arrival to uk from holidays etc, so wondering how the list of absences would be verified? Do I still need to take my old passport to NCS , so that they can take a photo copy of my entry stamps and etc? please clarity

Thanks in Advance
Shanjo

noajthan

Re: Naturalisation query reg. the old passport

Post by noajthan » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:26 pm

Shanjo wrote:Hello Experts,

Could you please help me with my naturalisation questions below, I would like to double check on the below things to make sure all are ok?

1. My wife applying along with me this month, as the residence rule of : 4 yrs as Tier 1 dependent + 1 yr in ILR, is she eligible for naturalisation as she covered 5 residence yrs in total?

2. In the application there is no mention of previous passports and that is where I have most of the home office stamped during my arrival to uk from holidays etc, so wondering how the list of absences would be verified? Do I still need to take my old passport to NCS , so that they can take a photo copy of my entry stamps and etc? please clarity

Thanks in Advance
Shanjo
1) Yes, 1 year free of immigration time restrictions required (unless married to BC).
5 years residency (or 3 years if married to BC)

Was wife physically present in UK 5 (/3) years (to the day) from what will be the date of application?

2) Good idea, take old passports to support your residency.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Shanjo
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalisation query reg. the old passport

Post by Shanjo » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:58 pm

Thanks for the reply noajthan, much appreciated.

The wife date of first arrival to UK : 16/01/2011 (stayed throughout next year, before her holiday).
our NCS appointment is : 25/02/2016, so she was present in UK 5 yrs before the date of the application.