ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long stay ILR on mix of tier2 ict+T2 G

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

avinash123
Newly Registered

Long stay ILR on mix of tier2 ict+T2 G

Post by avinash123 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:27 pm

Dear Moderators,

Many thanks for all your suggestions and efforts in helping.
could you please advise

1. I am in ict established staff since aug 2010 and my visa expires on 2018 feb. Im due for ilr in aug 2020 for a legal 10 years continuous stay if my current employers keep on extending till 2020. but practically its not possible
its guarantee the current employee is not extending after 2018 and its confirmed.

2. Now am getting offers from other employers , they r willing to extend tier 2 general for 5 more years . But visa expenses i have to bear.(including my family). current employer assuring 1 year job guarantee...In this option i need to survive until 2020

Option A : Is it better to wait until feb 2018 (my current T2 ict expires) and switch to tier 2 G. Drawback here is i may not to situation of future t2 g if any rules.

Option B : As job is available and company is assuring, Is it better to do switch now itself from ict to tier 2 general, given lot of rules may change in tier 2 general going forward..(just expecting probability of chance of tier 2 g rules changing). The current job is for 1 year, after 1 year not sure whether job continue or not.

if i switch now to tier 2 g, i think my clock starts now and am eligible only 2021 on tier 2 General

as son as i complete 2020 (whatever visa i hold at that time either tier 2 ict or tier 2 general.)..
am i eligible on long stay 10 years continuous stay?
Kindly help

avinash123
Newly Registered

Re: Long stay ILR on mix of tier2 ict+T2 G

Post by avinash123 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:52 pm

Dear Moderators, Kindly reply to my queries, much appreciated your help!

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: Long stay ILR on mix of tier2 ict+T2 G

Post by poper » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:45 pm

avinash123 wrote:Dear Moderators,

Many thanks for all your suggestions and efforts in helping.
could you please advise

1. I am in ict established staff since aug 2010 and my visa expires on 2018 feb. Im due for ilr in aug 2020 for a legal 10 years continuous stay if my current employers keep on extending till 2020. but practically its not possible
its guarantee the current employee is not extending after 2018 and its confirmed.

2. Now am getting offers from other employers , they r willing to extend tier 2 general for 5 more years . But visa expenses i have to bear.(including my family). current employer assuring 1 year job guarantee...In this option i need to survive until 2020
5 years extension for a 1 year job with you paying the visa fees. Something doesn't look right here. Are you dealing with some Umbrella companies?

Option A : Is it better to wait until feb 2018 (my current T2 ict expires) and switch to tier 2 G. Drawback here is i may not to situation of future t2 g if any rules.

Option B : As job is available and company is assuring, Is it better to do switch now itself from ict to tier 2 general, given lot of rules may change in tier 2 general going forward..(just expecting probability of chance of tier 2 g rules changing). The current job is for 1 year, after 1 year not sure whether job continue or not.

Option A/B is purely down to your decision. Nobody can predict what the visa rules will be in 2018 or 2020

if i switch now to tier 2 g, i think my clock starts now and am eligible only 2021 on tier 2 General

as son as i complete 2020 (whatever visa i hold at that time either tier 2 ict or tier 2 general.)..
am i eligible on long stay 10 years continuous stay?
True
Kindly help
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.