ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA(PR) - Sections 11 & 12

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AlexPagal
Newly Registered

EEA(PR) - Sections 11 & 12

Post by AlexPagal » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:39 pm

Hi,

I am Romanian and came to UK back in late 2010 on a "blue" registration certificate. Since then I have worked continuously. My wife did not require a registration certificate as basically she was exercising a treaty right by being married to myself. She has also worked continuously.

I am now looking to get a PR and I am a bit confused on the EEA(PR) form as I would like to include her and my new born son. I do not understand if I need to complete Section 11 for her (nowhere on that section that is say who the section is for...) or that is because it assumes you can only have 1 spouse?
I assume I need to complete Section 12 as well (for the baby)?

The strange part is that by going logically on the form, after I complete section 3, it then says to move on to 5, 9, 16, 17, 18 & 19. But if I read the headings on Sections 11 & 12, they kind of apply.

Even more confusing is that Sections 11 & 12 refer to the "sponsor in Section 2" but I have not entered anything there. So if I complete then, that makes the Declaration at the end strange, as I would be signing it myself?

Can anyone please clarify this for me?

PS: Although I was working full time, I did an Uni course part time. Shall I add this as well - assume it's not mandatory, and is probably more paperwork to gather...

Thank you,
--Alex

AlexPagal
Newly Registered

Re: EEA(PR) - Sections 11 & 12

Post by AlexPagal » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:16 am

up

csabapalfi
Newly Registered

Post by csabapalfi » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:54 pm

We're also applying (me and my wife) and yes, you need section 11 for her (at least that's my understanding).

I'd also send Section 12 for the baby.

We're not planning to fill Section 2. I guess you'd only need that if the sponsor is not applying (this was more common previously when EEA PR wasn't needed for a qualifying person to get British Citizenship so mostly just family members of qualifying persons were submitting the EEA PR form)

Hope all goes well! Good luck!

maverickstoned
Newly Registered

Post by maverickstoned » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:49 pm

hello,

section 11 is for unmarried partner /durable partner .

just fill as guided by section 3 whichever category you belong .eea national don't require sponsors.As per the child is considered if born in uk i wouldn't include them in the application ,just apply for citizenship after acquiring PR.
cheers