ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice regarding ILR via Tier 2 General

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mobiusrex
Newly Registered

Advice regarding ILR via Tier 2 General

Post by Mobiusrex » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:47 am

Hello everyone , seeing many topics around ILR refusals due Tax discrepancies , I would like to seek some guidance for my ILR application which is due in a couple of months.

I will be eligible to apply for ILR via the Tier 2 route on 25/04/2016. The immigration history I would be using for my application would be as below.

23/05/2011 - 2/02/2016 - Tier 1 General
03/02/2016- 14/02/2017 - Tier 2 General

For most of the above period I have been employed via big IT companies and all the salaries and taxes have been correctly paid and are reflected in HMRC records and I would have the P-65s and SA records etc.

But for a 10 month period from April 2015 till February 2016 I was self employed through my own company. The annual submissions for the company would be towards the end of April 2016 as that is when the company would complete 1 year of existence . I have ceased to be the director of the company from the date the Tier 2 visa was granted.

My queries are

1. As per Tier 2 General route for ILR , I only need to submit the most recent payslip from the employer and corresponding payslip . Please let me know if I have misunderstood the guidance

2.Since the company for which I was self employed won't have submitted its annual records to HMRC by the time I would go for an ILR interview , what are the things that I need to be prepared with ? I know that for the Tier 1 route i would have had to show the invoices etc or am I being paranoid and should I just supply only what is required for Tier 2 route ?

Any guidance would be much appreciated as I have had a ILR refusal last year as I had inadvertently included Tier 2 ICT (issued after Apr 2010) for the 5 year calculation and so would like to be careful this time

bgamba
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Re: Advice regarding ILR via Tier 2 General

Post by bgamba » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:27 pm

I can only answer your first question. I got my approval yesterday Tier 2 General and i just submitted one payslip that is the most recent payslip

Mobiusrex
Newly Registered

Re: Advice regarding ILR via Tier 2 General

Post by Mobiusrex » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:17 pm

Thanks for your reply bgamba . Much appreciated