ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How does it work?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Agusya
Newly Registered

How does it work?

Post by Agusya » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:45 pm

Its been 5 months since my application. I have bad feeling about all that. today Ive received note from post office that there is a parcel waiting for me, I think It might be from HO. When do they return all documentation and is there anything else with it? How do they notify about the outcome? The only communication Ive received since applying (in October) was letter re biometrics. No emails no phone calls.

noajthan

Re: How does it work?

Post by noajthan » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:48 pm

Agusya wrote:Its been 5 months since my application. I have bad feeling about all that. today Ive received note from post office that there is a parcel waiting for me, I think It might be from HO. When do they return all documentation and is there anything else with it? How do they notify about the outcome? The only communication Ive received since applying (in October) was letter re biometrics. No emails no phone calls.
Probably just docs; (or maybe Amazon).

5 months is pretty average, you can't read anything into that.

Don't expect much more communications than that either - anything else is a bonus.
Good luck.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

anniecc

Post by anniecc » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:31 pm

They only contact you if there is a problem with your application - for example if they need further documentation - so the fact you haven't heard anything is nothing to worry about. It seems like most applications are taking about 4 months at the moment, but 5 months wouldn't be unusual.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:34 pm

During my partners visa journey I remember returning home to find a 'sorry we missed you' card though the letterbox, about the time we were expecting our UPV visa decision.

Didn't have a car at time, can't actually remember the circumstances there, so I merrily trudged to the bus stop, only to find the correct bus cancelled - so I caught one that stops about a mile away from the Post office collection office.

This was a particularly cold January, was ice everywhere, and I nearly broke my neck several time on my way there, but I was desperate to know the outcome, was eating me up with worry.

Got there in one piece, sat outside and fearfully open the the envelope.

It was from Leeds University returning her degree certificate they'd requested. Bugger....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Agusya
Newly Registered

Post by Agusya » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:00 pm

ok :)
How will I be notified if Im getting it or being refused tho?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:01 pm

In a letter posted by second class mail in an A5 brown envelope. Nothing special.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.