ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Questions regarding work/immigration history

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

eclectic

Naturalisation Questions regarding work/immigration history

Post by eclectic » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:58 pm

Dear All,

I am about to apply for citizenship and have the following questions:

1. I did couple of part time jobs during my student days and back then we were allowed up to 20 hours a week- do I have to explain this to them or expect them to know?
2. I did a temporary full time trainee job for 3 months during summer holidays and after the completion of my degree, I applied for post graduate work visa but was here as a student at the time of my job. But again we were allowed to do full time job during our holidays- again do I need to explain that?
3. I worked as self employed for 6 months for period leading to my tier 1 general- do I have to put that in my 10 year employment history? If yes, do I need to send any additional documents from HMRC?
4. My tier 1 general application was initially refused due to some missing information, I appealed which was successful through tribunal- even though there was no visa stamp on my passport for that period my status was legal under 3C &3D of immigration act. I did explain that during my ILR application- Do I have to explain again for nationality application?
5. Would they cross check 10 year employment history? How accurate do i need to be with start/end dated etc- I dont seem to remember all of them.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Naturalisation Questions regarding work/immigration hist

Post by Wanderer » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:05 pm

WRT to 3: - where you a student when self employed?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

eclectic

Post by eclectic » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:12 pm

Wanderer wrote:WRT to 3: - where you a student when self employed?
No, I had Tier 1 Post -Study Work Visa at the time of self employment

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:41 pm

eclectic wrote:Dear All,

1. I did couple of part time jobs during my student days and back then we were allowed up to 20 hours a week- do I have to explain this to them or expect them to know?
2. I did a temporary full time trainee job for 3 months during summer holidays and after the completion of my degree, I applied for post graduate work visa but was here as a student at the time of my job. But again we were allowed to do full time job during our holidays- again do I need to explain that?
3. I worked as self employed for 6 months for period leading to my tier 1 general- do I have to put that in my 10 year employment history? If yes, do I need to send any additional documents from HMRC?
4. My tier 1 general application was initially refused due to some missing information, I appealed which was successful through tribunal- even though there was no visa stamp on my passport for that period my status was legal under 3C &3D of immigration act. I did explain that during my ILR application- Do I have to explain again for nationality application?
5. Would they cross check 10 year employment history? How accurate do i need to be with start/end dated etc- I dont seem to remember all of them.

Kind regards,
1-3) You don't have to explain anything - just list dates & details.

HO will do all the crosschecking & verification as they see fit (including HMRC, DWP & etc)

4) You can add a cogent explanatory paragraph in 'additional info' section of application form if you wish.

5) Yes, you can expect employment (& other) history to be checked.
It is up to the applicant to submit adequate information.

State month/year if precise dates are unclear.
Honest mistakes may be overlooked.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

eclectic

Post by eclectic » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:56 am

noajthan wrote:
eclectic wrote:Dear All,

Kind regards,
1-3) You don't have to explain anything - just list dates & details.

HO will do all the crosschecking & verification as they see fit (including HMRC, DWP & etc)

4) You can add a cogent explanatory paragraph in 'additional info' section of application form if you wish.

5) Yes, you can expect employment (& other) history to be checked.
It is up to the applicant to submit adequate information.

State month/year if precise dates are unclear.
Honest mistakes may be overlooked.
Thanks Noajthan.

I have now received my 6 year employment history and 10 year NI history from HMRC plus my SA302 for a period of self employment, my question is - is it advisable to submit those documents to Home office or let them get those from HMRC. not sure if it will make things easier or confuse them?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:26 am

eclectic wrote:Thanks Noajthan.

I have now received my 6 year employment history and 10 year NI history from HMRC plus my SA302 for a period of self employment, my question is - is it advisable to submit those documents to Home office or let them get those from HMRC. not sure if it will make things easier or confuse them?
Suggest you use the information you have received to help complete your form and make sure there are no gaps.
No need to send to HO as they can retrieve all this (& probably more) about you themselves.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

eclectic

Post by eclectic » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:59 am

noajthan wrote:
eclectic wrote:Thanks Noajthan.

Suggest you use the information you have received to help complete your form and make sure there are no gaps.
No need to send to HO as they can retrieve all this (& probably more) about you themselves.
Thanks Noajthan, I was just wondering if sending the documents they usually acquire would make the process more efficient or not? Looking at the timelines, some cases seem to be taking longer than others and there doesnt seem to be any consistency- so not sure if it's to do with the fact that some are sending those documents with the application to make it quicker or does it not matter.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:00 pm

It does not matter. Even if you do submit them, HO will still do their own checks and will likely ignore what you have sent.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

eclectic

Post by eclectic » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:05 pm

CR001 wrote:It does not matter. Even if you do submit them, HO will still do their own checks and will likely ignore what you have sent.
even if they are from HMRC directly?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:16 pm

Yes. HO will still do the all the relevant checks themselves.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

eclectic

Post by eclectic » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:26 pm

CR001 wrote:Yes. HO will still do the all the relevant checks themselves.
ok Thanks

I was self employed for 6-8 months back in 2008-9- Shall I mention that on my employment history and submit SA302 to support or just mention the period and not submit anything?