ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for EEA family permit from India-- NEED HELP

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mscolimao
Newly Registered

Applying for EEA family permit from India-- NEED HELP

Post by mscolimao » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:44 am

I am looking at immigration assistance for UK. My spouse has naturalized Portuguese passport and is moving to UK.

I am an Indian by birth and hold Indian passport. I would like to travel to UK to stay there and work. I am currently working in an IT company in Bangalore and my company has agreed to let me continue working in the UK as well but they will not be sponsoring my Visa. As far as the research I went through I will be eligible for EEA permit so I will have to get a EEA family permit to go to UK and under this permit I can work in UK without any issues.

I wanted to know what documentation would be required from my end and also from my husband's end? What financial information would be required and where will I have to apply for this permit? I am not finding much information online. Are their immigration attorneys who help with this issue?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Applying for EEA family permit from India-- NEED HELP

Post by Wanderer » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:55 am

You will need to pay UK tax, are you sure your employers has thought this through?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

mscolimao
Newly Registered

Post by mscolimao » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:04 am

Under EEA permit I am guessing I will be allowed to work. I will obviously get a transfer letter of sorts to work in UK.

Also my husband doesn't have PR in UK yet so I am wondering if I will be eligible for EEA permit at all?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:14 am

Provided your husband is accompanying or joining you, you will be eligible to apply.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

mscolimao
Newly Registered

Post by mscolimao » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:09 pm

Yes, my husband is moving there in few days and I will follow suit.

garry87
Newly Registered

Post by garry87 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:57 am

hi i m in same sititution did u apply already or no ..or did you got it pls need advice is well after how long you can apply family eea permit arrived in uk..i from ireland just come in uk december and find a job in jan so i work last two week of jan and until know i have full time monday to friday job and its permanent so 2 payslip is ok to got permit . or i have to work 3 months a qualify member pls need urgent advise..